Ravenna - Does Royal Caribbean offer shuttles to Bologna and Venice airports on disembarkation day?

9 hours ago, little britain said:

That only shows BLQ airport transfer: not a Bologna city centre or train station drop off? 

I think there is a mono rail from the airport to the city centre in Bologna that takes about 5 minutes if the RCCL shuttle only goes to the airport.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GCS2000 said:

How does one book/schedule for these shuttles.  We just booked a Greece cruise that runs out of Ravenna as well.

I was going to ask the same thing. Do you have to book it once on board?

Many thanks

On 10/6/2022 at 10:55 AM, CruiseMelissa said:

Sailing on Explorer next year but want to book flights now.  

Bologna airport is so much closer to Ravenna but I know Ravenna is billed as their "Venice Port" so I wasn't sure if they would only offer shuttles to Marco Polo airport?

There are flights out of Bologna that I'm interest in and it's only an hour drive away but would love to book something through RCCL because we've had great experience doing that in the past at other ports.

We’re on Explorer next year too, we did everything through Air2Sea, ask them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scottraveller said:

Does anyone know how much the transfer from the ship to Bologna airport costs please. There will be four adults, two children and a one year old on the cruise. We’re sailing in late May out of Ravenna

Hi,

I called RCI and they said contact your TA for prices.

My TA  quoted £37pp from port to Bologna airport. We are booked on the latest transfer to bologna airport at 9am. As well have time to kill before our flight home we'll get the monorail back to town and have a lunch/brunch.

For two of us it was the cheapest (and least hassle) way to do it.

We also go in May. 

On 10/6/2022 at 12:22 PM, little britain said:

We are also staying near station and plan to catch train down on the morning if the cruise. 

I am doing the opposite.  Flying from AMS (Springsteen concert) to BLQ, train to Ravenna, 2 nights hotel, sailing on Explorer,  then PROBABLY taking their shuttle to the airport and cab to my hotel in Venice for a few days (my hotel is reachable via auto).

Can anyone comment on how much time I should allow for our flight home when the cruise is over?

Royal says ship to dock at 6am at Ravenna.  I assume earliest disembarkation with the Key would be 7am perhaps 8am - is that about right?

Need 3-4 hours then to get to Venice or Bologna airport and of course need to be at airport 2-3 hours before flight.  Guessing earliest flight home possible would be 2-3pm.

If disembarkation was available right at 6am then a flight as early as 12 or 1pm may be possible assuming shuttle leaves at 6:30 or 7.

50 minutes ago, GCS2000 said:

Need 3-4 hours then to get to Venice or Bologna airport and of course need to be at airport 2-3 hours before flight.  Guessing earliest flight home possible would be 2-3pm.

If disembarkation was available right at 6am then a flight as early as 12 or 1pm may be possible assuming shuttle leaves at 6:30 or 7.

Bologna wouldn't be as far as Venice, but you can assume earliest walk off before 7AM. Noon for Bologna and 1PM for Venice would probably be the earliest.