Chef's Table

monty3

DH and I did Chef's Table on Sunshine beginning of September and thought it was great.  The portions are smaller, which we were fine with and the wine wasn't poured as generously as previous CT's.  Had a great group, laughed and talked a lot. Herr is the menu (sorry it's sideways) from our CT.

Have a great cruise! 

chef table.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, monty3 said:

We will be cruising on the Panorama week of December 17, 2022 and wondering if anyone has done the Chef's Table and how did you like it? Was it worth the extra money? Thanks.

I did it years ago on Ecstasy and liked it. To me, the galley tour is an integral part of the experience and I would not do it without that portion. They stopped the galley tour due to COVID and IDK if they've reintroduced it.

Even with the galley tour, my wife and I enjoyed Chef's Table on Ecstasy but neither of us really have a desire to do it again. I have heard from others that do it every cruise. Each to their own!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I did it years ago on Ecstasy and liked it. To me, the galley tour is an integral part of the experience and I would not do it without that portion. They stopped the galley tour due to COVID and IDK if they've reintroduced it.

Even with the galley tour, my wife and I enjoyed Chef's Table on Ecstasy but neither of us really have a desire to do it again. I have heard from others that do it every cruise. Each to their own!

No galley tour on our CT this time.  I missed it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My husband and I did it in August on the Panorama.  It was our first time doing Chef's Table.  We are foodies so we found it really good.  They were small portions.  I was still hungry afterwards so we went up for pizza. I'd probably try it again if I were to go on Mardi Gras.   I think the menu is the same fleet wide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trudster57 said:

My husband and I did it in August on the Panorama.  It was our first time doing Chef's Table.  We are foodies so we found it really good.  They were small portions.  I was still hungry afterwards so we went up for pizza. I'd probably try it again if I were to go on Mardi Gras.   I think the menu is the same fleet wide.

"Please sir, can I have some MORE?" You can't ask for seconds? 😉

• Like 1

We did CT on Sept 10th on Ecstasy. It was wonderful! Only 10 guests; in library. We did have the galley tour portion as well. Maybe being the small ship, they really went all out! Same menu as above posted, but added appies in the galley. Nicer wine than our last, prepandemic CT. Worth it! 

• Like 2

On 10/7/2022 at 8:10 AM, trudster57 said:

Thank you for this post, it was very helpful. 

My wife and I did it in September on the pride. It was well worth it. You get a galley tour and eat a couple of appetizers there while enjoying champagne. Then we moved where the 14 of us enjoyed dinner. They give you complimentary red and white wine. They also have soda which is complimentary. Here are some good pics with the menu. They go in order of the menu. 

7FF20A33-8897-4CD7-AF2C-76DB7601F469.jpeg

12C14185-B552-4A63-AE73-0F651D8CBEB3.jpeg

A929AA19-CF48-45C8-B999-10DBB0B1DC52.jpeg

A19A97E4-6A86-4351-9770-515F2D262456.jpeg

98CC5875-A3D0-4EDF-A0A8-7147AC1925C0.jpeg

7769440E-C5AA-46E6-B574-BDA781B8AF07.jpeg

F7460BBE-95A3-457E-B4F3-20EE49C2BDC1.jpeg

91F33BC6-F016-40B2-AAA5-C0F6427B5A31.jpeg

EDA89700-FAA0-42CF-82F6-82A81AEB68DD.jpeg

4BD3FE35-7D81-4AD8-8D51-041CE53103D6.jpeg

85FA0921-D69F-4010-9027-2C2216DB99C7.jpeg

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

2,3,4,5,6 sound like a dream combo, those portions though. 😒

It's a tasting menu. When I did it years ago on Ecstasy I remember leaving full, but not stuffed. It's more of an experience than a full meal though. I will say though that while my wife and I enjoyed it, we don't really desire to do it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mz-s said:

It's a tasting menu. When I did it years ago on Ecstasy I remember leaving full, but not stuffed. It's more of an experience than a full meal though. I will say though that while my wife and I enjoyed it, we don't really desire to do it again.

It seems that way, more like an extended appetizer ensemble with wine. Looks pretty cool and seems like it would be fun. Hopefully, they may some day do some wine and food pairing options just like this. Could be a hit, we have this wine trolley option nearby that pairs wines with food experiences (tastings/pairings at three different wineries called sip & savor) and it's a huge hit. Doing something similar on a cruise ship would awesome.   

Edited by cruisingguy007

I've enjoyed Carnival's CT three times - the last was I believe in 2017.  The portions are small but they seem to never end!  I've not ever been able to finish everything.  I'm looking forward to this new menu and the new venue.  I'm accustomed to dining in the library - it will be interesting to see if the kitchen venue aboard the Mardi Gras seems as special.