Seabourn should step up with Quest

kjbacon

5 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

As a CCL shareholder, I would prefer this does not happen.  Why do you feel if it happened it would be better for the industry?  

Yes as CCL owners we do not want that outcome.  Although given all the OBC we have gotten over the years from owning CCL we would still be ahead and but still prefer to not see the stock go to $0.00 - especially since owned in an IRA with no tax harvesting advantage.

On 10/8/2022 at 6:15 AM, SLSD said:

And this. very thing is something I have always appreciated about Seabourn.  It is different from other lines and is ONE of the things that has drawn us to Seabourn.  Everyone is (supposed) to be equal on Seabourn no matter if you. have chosen a basic Veranda suite or the Wintergarten suite.  At the same time, everyone does expect expertly delivered service.

This is an interesting discussion for us.  We only cruise in an Owner’s suite or above.  We tried a Penthouse suite as a test for a partial world cruise segment - we hated it.  We like the room and want the second bathroom.

We have been told by both officers and, more importantly, key Seabourn corporate members, that, yes, we should be treated differently.  If it doesn’t happen as we expect - tips improve the situation.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, LMB01 said:

This is an interesting discussion for us.  We only cruise in an Owner’s suite or above.  We tried a Penthouse suite as a test for a partial world cruise segment - we hated it.  We like the room and want the second bathroom.

We have been told by both officers and, more importantly, key Seabourn corporate members, that, yes, we should be treated differently.  If it doesn’t happen as we expect - tips improve the situation.

🤮🤮🤮

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

We also choose large suites when we cruise. We like the extra space and the second bathroom too but we also enjoy the perks. There are no perks on board with SB and that’s different than any other line that we’ve been on. And yes, there was no differential service either.

If anything, our room hostesses were surprisingly poor and we know that there were many good teams on board from asking our friends if they were having similar problems (which they were not but rather they were getting creative and adorable touches in their cabins in addition to perfect service). And yes, we went to SB Square repeatedly and pleasantly when the hostesses forgot the water again or the coffee pods again or didn’t go out on the balcony again to get dirty coffee cups, etc. It was a joke. 

6 hours ago, lincslady said:

Quite surprised you were officially told that, but it obviously does happen, though usually only in subtle ways - mainly I would have thought in getting a good table in the restaurants.

No, we desperately tried to get an additional reservation in TK Grill after missing two of our nights because of our Covid isolation to no avail. We couldn’t even adjust the reservation time we already had by 15 minutes either in TK Grill or the Collonade.

The Hotel Director was going to get back to us on 3 separate issues that he wasn’t  familiar with when we tried to talk to him. He never followed up. Our impression was that it was in one ear and out the other as he was always pleasant but seemed to not so much as recognize us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lincslady said:

Quite surprised you were officially told that, but it obviously does happen, though usually only in subtle ways - mainly I would have thought in getting a good table in the restaurants.

I think there is a bit of chain pulling going on.

Pinch of salt needed.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, kjbacon said:

And yes, we went to SB Square repeatedly and pleasantly when the hostesses forgot the water again or the coffee pods again or didn’t go out on the balcony again to get dirty coffee cups, etc. It was a joke. 

We've never gone to SB Square for an issue about how our suite was cared for--or about items we needed (like water or ice forgotten).  Instead, we left a note for our stewardess in a very obvious place like on our bed.  We found this method worked and we always got what we needed.  Maybe you did this and it didn't work?  

• Like 4

Treating all passengers equally is, or was, a core ethos of the Seabourn brand, and one of the key values that made Seabourn so attractive to many.  Everyone is in a suite. Some suites happen to be bigger than others, so one pays more for the extra space. "I've paid big bucks for a suite, so I want to be treated differently to the other passengers, so we all know who is travelling in second class. Oh, and I am going to stuff a few hundred dollars in the Maitre D's pocket to make sure I always get the best  table" - is  a know the cost of everything and the value of nothing, moneyed, mass-market, mentality, one which is depressing to hear being aired more frequently these days. Quite frankly , it lowers the tone. If you don't like being treated equally, sail on another line - there are plenty of them.

Edited by Flamin_June
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Flamin_June said:

Treating all passengers equally is, or was, a core ethos of the Seabourn brand, and one of the key values that made Seabourn so attractive to many. 

I agree.  I have a close friend who sailed Crystal.  We considered it at one time.  But, when she told me that we would have to get a Penthouse Suite or above to be able to be on the "level" were were used to--and to be able to be around "the people we would hang out with"--I knew that Crystal was not for us.  I've always been very satisfied with the egalitarian ethos on Seabourn.  And tipping prior to service is an anathema to us.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, SLSD said:

I agree.  I have a close friend who sailed Crystal.  We considered it at one time.  But, when she told me that we would have to get a Penthouse Suite or above to be able to be on the "level" were were used to--and to be able to be around "the people we would hang out with"--I knew that Crystal was not for us.  I've always been very satisfied with the egalitarian ethos on Seabourn.  And tipping prior to service is an anathema to us.  

With close to 30 crystal cruises, sailing in the least expensive to a lowly PH, WE ALWAYS had the same great level of service…equal to what  we received in the veranda suite on seabourn.  The only difference on crystal was the butler service in the PH and higher suites, larger real estate and several in sure perks…all for a significant price.   Once you left your cabin or suite, all guests were treated equally…your friend might have been misinformed 

Nancy

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, nancygp said:

With close to 30 crystal cruises, sailing in the least expensive to a lowly PH, WE ALWAYS had the same great level of service…equal to what  we received in the veranda suite on seabourn.  The only difference on crystal was the butler service in the PH and higher suites, larger real estate and several in sure perks…all for a significant price.   Once you left your cabin or suite, all guests were treated equally…your friend might have been misinformed 

Nancy

She may well have been misinformed--but was accustomed to sailing Crystal at PH and above and thought it made a difference.  I had no interest in finding out.  

And yes Lincslady, I think my friend's comment also had something to do with guest interaction.  I didn't want to deal with that either.  

Edited by SLSD

25 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I think with Crystal it is not so much being treated differently by staff, but the interaction with other guests that seems to matter.

Same cane be said about my Seabourn experience 

nancy

24 minutes ago, SLSD said:

Can you explain?

While I didn’t care…quite a few passengers we chatted with on our first meet up made sure to tell us (we didn’t inquire) how many days they sailed on seabourn

overall, we found the passengers, including many of the frequent SB cruisers delightful and welcoming…very similar  mix to what we typically experienced on crystal

hope this was helpful…Over and out,

Nancy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Flamin_June said:

Treating all passengers equally is, or was, a core ethos of the Seabourn brand, and one of the key values that made Seabourn so attractive to many. 

So true.   However, I do not seriously fault those new to SB for not understanding.     You get people expecting things to be the way they were on larger ships.  So comes the filthy tipping habits and attitude of keeping a step above.   Much more irksome watching SB vets doing this.

What I found interesting was their comment expressing happiness with the suite on SB.   The best suites on mass market lines offer much more than SB highest suite.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kjbacon said:

We also choose large suites when we cruise. We like the extra space and the second bathroom too but we also enjoy the perks. There are no perks on board with SB and that’s different than any other line that we’ve been on. And yes, there was no differential service either.

If anything, our room hostesses were surprisingly poor and we know that there were many good teams on board from asking our friends if they were having similar problems (which they were not but rather they were getting creative and adorable touches in their cabins in addition to perfect service). And yes, we went to SB Square repeatedly and pleasantly when the hostesses forgot the water again or the coffee pods again or didn’t go out on the balcony again to get dirty coffee cups, etc. It was a joke. 

No, we desperately tried to get an additional reservation in TK Grill after missing two of our nights because of our Covid isolation to no avail. We couldn’t even adjust the reservation time we already had by 15 minutes either in TK Grill or the Collonade.

The Hotel Director was going to get back to us on 3 separate issues that he wasn’t  familiar with when we tried to talk to him. He never followed up. Our impression was that it was in one ear and out the other as he was always pleasant but seemed to not so much as recognize us.

You leave dirty coffee cups on your balcony? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, nancygp said:

While I didn’t care…quite a few passengers we chatted with on our first meet up made sure to tell us (we didn’t inquire) how many days they sailed on seabourn

overall, we found the passengers, including many of the frequent SB cruisers delightful and welcoming…very similar  mix to what we typically experienced on crystal

Nancy

That is so funny as the first time my friends and their late teens/20 year olds sailed with Crystal they found that the first questions they were asked when chatting with people was how many times have you sailed with Crystal?  When they said none, the next thing they were told was, “You will be Crystalized” and they were not.  They thought Crystal was very cliquish and they prefer Seabourn.

I love both and had two Crystal and one Seabourn last year and Crystal became ny furst love.  My DH, who also loved Seabourn said our Crystal was the best he thought we ever had.

Choice is good.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, cruisr said:

That is so funny as the first time my friends and their late teens/20 year olds sailed with Crystal they found that the first questions they were asked when chatting with people was how many times have you sailed with Crystal?  When they said none, the next thing they were told was, “You will be Crystalized” and they were not.  They thought Crystal was very cliquish and they prefer Seabourn.

I love both and had two Crystal and one Seabourn last year and Crystal became ny furst love.  My DH, who also loved Seabourn said our Crystal was the best he thought we ever had.

Choice is good.

Love this! 😁😁

we loved crystal, some cruises better than others and we were fortunate to sail on the symphony last fall.  Sad that crystal ceased operations but on a positive note, it gave us the opportunity to sail seabourn as I was hoping at some point to try seabourn.  So glad we tried seabourn and we both loved it.

yes, choice is good and can’t wait for my next SB cruise.

Nancy

• Like 5

4 hours ago, nancygp said:

Nancy

Those were exactly my experiences on both Crystal and Seabourn.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nancygp said:

I found this to be the case too on my first Seabourn cruise... I just took it as they love it so much they choose to spend all their vacation time on Seabourn! I found them to be welcoming and delightful beyond their "days-sailed" info drops 🤣

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisr said:

That was EXACTLY our experience and when we said our first Crystal Ocean (although we had done  a Crystal river cruise) we were not part of the "Crystal family".