Evening Dress Code/enforcement

Rick&Susan

In todays world  & at ages 83 ,we want to be a comfortable as we can with out standing out like a saw thumb  . I  wear nice slacks a nice shirt & a sweater  .no jackets as they no longer fit LOL   & ties  don't have the latest designs & mot buying those pricy ones that will be out of style in a year  .Further got to consider the  luggage weight these days   or pay through the nose at the airport 

16 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Celebrity does not operate on that model. They don't require jackets. They say dress comfortably. I suggest that those who want that model book the cruise line that has that model. It is not Celebrity's busness model. Stop saying that Celebrity is something it isn't.

How successful is that model if you only have a fleet of four ships? Most people who cruise don't want that model. 

Your and others arguments seem to based on your belief that Celebrity does not have any dress code rules for the restaurants/bars. This is totally incorrect and Celebrity publishes/reminds you of the rules every day of your cruise. I would draw your attention to the daily programme ( Celebrity Today) page 3 under the heading Dine and Drink and at the bottom there is an "Important Note" the last sentence of which reads "shorts are not allowed in the evening hours (except for the Oceanview Cafe". It also lists other items of clothing that are not allowed in restaurants at anytime which includes: T shirts, baseball caps etc. 

I'm rereading the Daily Planner for Sunday, February 25, 2022 on the Reflection and for Evening Chic this is what's printed:

Men's Fashion: Pants or designer jeans with a a long sleeve shirt, button-down shirt, or sweater. 

The reason I bring this up is many an Evening chic night I may wear slacks and just a pullover sweater WITHOUT a collared shirt underneath. Previous discussions on this topic seemed to imply a COLLARED SHIRT is the minimum type of upper body wear for men. This statement seems to contradict that. In other words Jeans and a pullover sweater meets the Evening Chic requirements, no type of collared shirt is required. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

Plain as the nose on your face... Taken at entrance to MDR on Equinox just last month. Some people just don't care!  Maybe instead of telling others on this post who are concerned about passengers not adhering to the stated dress code to find another cruise line, advise them to chose someone other than Celebrity.

dress code.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Great song by Bob Dylan, "The times they are a changin' ". 

WE went to see him a few years ago in Nashville.  The guy who sat next to me had seen him 39 times, and he was in his early 30s.

It's amazing how often I hear a song during a movie or at the end of the movie and it is a Dylan song.

America's greatest song writer.

Edited by TomBeckCruise
  • Like 1

Just now, sun bum said:

Plain as the nose on your face... Taken at entrance to MDR on Equinox just last month. Some people just don't care!  Maybe instead of telling others on this post who are concerned about passengers not adhering to the stated dress code to find another cruise line, advise them to chose someone other than Celebrity.

dress code.jpg

Nothing at the entrance to the MDR (deck 4) in the evening on our recent September Summit cruise. We already new the suggested dress guidelines for the MDR before setting foot onboard. 

1 minute ago, sun bum said:

dress code.jpg

On our recent Summit cruise about 97-98% of the people had no problem following the dress code.

It was a NE/Canada cruise.  

It's so simple.

37 minutes ago, sun bum said:

dress code.jpg

This sign again confirms that a COLLARED shirt isn't a requirement.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Confession time, I went into the MDR three times wearing shorts on our equinox cruise early September. Go easy on me!! 😁

That’s OK if you went into the MDR wearing shorts, just so it wasnt during dining time!!

Just going in between open times to see what it looks like or as we did to meet groups and play games after getting an OK. Shorts would be Great……Just so you dont wear shorts during…..hehehe.

den

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sun bum said:

dress code.jpg

Many won’t see it and many will think “suggestion noted but let’s see if I can can get in with shorts anyways”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

Confession time, I went into the MDR three times wearing shorts on our equinox cruise early September. Go easy on me!! 😁

I'm crushed...absolutely crushed, I tell ya.

I won't ever read one of your posts again!   Harumph....

(There, *that* ought to teach ya...)    😆

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

So-- you couldn't follow the rules !!

What's your point--- that you are " Entitled "?

I don't know why you even post this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, C4HCG said:

How could you do this?  Don't you have any respect for your fellow cruisers?  How do you expect anyone to enjoy their meal while you're wearing shorts?  Unbelievable.  😉 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

Your and others arguments seem to based on your belief that Celebrity does not have any dress code rules for the restaurants/bars. This is totally incorrect and Celebrity publishes/reminds you of the rules every day of your cruise. I would draw your attention to the daily programme ( Celebrity Today) page 3 under the heading Dine and Drink and at the bottom there is an "Important Note" the last sentence of which reads "shorts are not allowed in the evening hours (except for the Oceanview Cafe". It also lists other items of clothing that are not allowed in restaurants at anytime which includes: T shirts, baseball caps etc. 

My belief is based on what I observe. That most passengers dress accordingly to the published guidelines and there are some who don’t. Whatever is published some are appalled that nothing is done about a few who don’t. I don’t care because it does not hurt me if someone is wearing shorts in the MDR. My safety does not depend on it so not my problem.   As for crew and officers not enforcing having been in that position I know that whatever management publishes they don’t want employees to confront guests even when guests are wrong. Guests are always right. They won’t back you up. 

2 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Oh the horror. You should be flogged and made to walk the plank! I am hyperventilating even picturing that…..😜

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

As for crew and officers not enforcing having been in that position I know that whatever management publishes they don’t want employees to confront guests even when guests are wrong. Guests are always right. They won’t back you up. 

Ah, now, you know that isn't universally true.  It depends upon the nature of the infraction and who's doing the enforcement.  Guests are often confronted, especially where the line's money is at stake.  I wonder how many bottles (and other curious containers) of booze have been returned to guests at disembarkation?  Could probably stock a few full service liquor stores with all of it.

Maitre d's should have a "hold harmless" clause in their contracts and be put in charge of dealing with this, just as they used to be.

Makes me curious as to how lines that do still 'hold the line' instruct their maitre d's?  

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Don't you have any respect for your fellow cruisers?

LOL--Page 6-- going for 1539--- 

In your haste to be funny you forgot to add:

" or respect for the Staff that bust their ass to give us the excellent service that some people don't deserve because they won't follow the rules "?

( Ya, I know---Who are you to tell me what I, etc, etc )

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Makes me curious as to how lines that do still 'hold the line' instruct their maitre d's?  

Perhaps they instruct them to call their superior (restaurant or hotel manager??) should a passenger adopt a nasty attitude? Someone empowered to lay it on the line to the unhappy person(s) that they will be restricted to the buffet for the rest of the cruise w/o reimbursement regardless of their status with the line?

Or some such big stick?

There must be some sort of protocol for those cases...