Harmony of the Sea or Odyssey of the Sea: Which to choose?

Hi,

Family of 5 ( kids under 13, however not using kids programs) trying to decide between the two ships, worried that the Harmony is not as fresh as the Odyssey because of the age difference? Thoughts and input appreciated! 

They're both great, and the age difference is trivial.  

If it we're me, and I truly didn't care, I'd let the kids decide.  For example, Harmony has the abyss, Odessey has the North Star.  What do they want to do.

BTW, after they gave their input, I'd chuck it all.  Harmony has Grease, and it's the word.  😉

5 hours ago, puppet12 said:

Hi,

Family of 5 ( kids under 13, however not using kids programs) trying to decide between the two ships, worried that the Harmony is not as fresh as the Odyssey because of the age difference? Thoughts and input appreciated! 

This might factor in\to your decision.

Harmony has regular cabins that can accommodate 5.  The only cabins that can accommodate 5 on the Odyssey are some if the suites.

Depending on when you are sailing there is a Kids sail free on so on Harmony all 3 kids would be free while on Odyssey you would need to get 2 rooms and only one child would be free.

Assuming you are booking after Harmony starts it's home port out of FLL....that would mean same port for embarkation, so that is not coming into play.  

Then next to consider is cost, and itinerary.   Both ships offer plenty for kids to do. 

Can't go wrong with either ship.   I don't consider Harmony old at all.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

Odyssey of the Seas and Harmony have noticeable differences that may be of some importance. Harmony has water slides if this is important for your kids...Odyssey doesn't . Harmony for me is is my least favorite Oasis class ship having no pool in the adult only solarium. Odyssey has SeaPlex...an indoor kids (and adult) activity area. Odyssey also has a fully enclosed (temperature controlled) adult only solarium with great pool area. Like mentioned above with 3 kids unless in a suite you will need 2 cabins on Odyssey while you can all do a standard cabin on Harmony. While Harmony I wouldn't consider old....Odyssey is newer and fresher....very different atmosphere between the 2 ships...so do some homework to see what is a better fit.  There are many other differences between the 2 class ships but I have outlined some that may help in decision making.

I've been on both ships this year, but not with our kids. We have 3 kids, ages 14, 14 and 10. They would have loved either ship.

SeaPlex and Playmakers on Odyssey are fun and a great place for pre-teen and teen kids. Harmony has 2 Flowriders instead of just one, a short zip line, basketball courts and mini golf, the Abyss dry slide, plus waterslides. Odyssey has a better Solarium IMO with both a pool and several hot tubs. If the kids are old enough to go off on their own that means you could get Solarium time. Different restaurants on each, so consider if you want to eat at any of those places. Hubby and I preferred the options on Harmony (more of them) and we made good use of the UDP for both some incredible food (150 Central Park!) and amazing service. With a family of 5, you likely are not doing UDP, but if you are going to one specialty dining venue, make sure the ship has what you would enjoy.