008 Shopping Channel

009 NCL Partners Advertising Channel

010 Safety Channel

011 Cruise Director Daily Show Channel / Replays of onboard game shows

012 BBC

013 MSNBC

014 CNBC

015 FOX News

016 Sport 24 (lots of football a.k.a. soccer)

017 Prime

018 Special Feed

019 Action Movies 

020 Drama Movies 

021 Comedy Movies 

022 Family Movies 

023 Favorite Shows 

• Thanks 1

BirdTravels,

We are cruising on Prima out of Galveston for 11 days in the Haven on MONDAY.  And we are so excited and really appreciate all the information you provided!  We have a 12:00 terminal arrival time.  However our driver (niece) has to drop us off around 11:00.  Wondering if you know if we have to wait until noon to enter the terminal.  We have been on just about every NCL ship and have never before noticed an assigned arrival time.  We are Diamond tier and booked through CAS if you think that might help.

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, WhenIsOurNextCruise said:

BirdTravels,

We are cruising on Prima out of Galveston for 11 days in the Haven on MONDAY.  And we are so excited and really appreciate all the information you provided!  We have a 12:00 terminal arrival time.  However our driver (niece) has to drop us off around 11:00.  Wondering if you know if we have to wait until noon to enter the terminal.  We have been on just about every NCL ship and have never before noticed an assigned arrival time.  We are Diamond tier and booked through CAS if you think that might help.

Thanks!

NCL is usually pretty lax about check-in times (even during COVID). In the past, top tier (Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, Ambassador) members had an open arrival time. During COVID, they were trying to reduce crowding and added arrival times for everyone. Have your niece drop you off any time you/she is ready.  

NCL normally starts Haven boarding around 11:00; Priority Boarding (Diamond) around 11:15; and General Boarding around 11:30. 

This is a one-off embarkation and first for NCL at the port, so it may be a bit disorganized (or maybe a lot disorganized). The Prima will home port in Galveston late next year.  

Show reservations can be made at Syd Normans, Deck 7 mid-ship/aft elevator. And you can fix your dining reservations at The Improv (across the hall) Deck 7 mid-ship.

We had a wonderful embarkation day lunch at the Food Hall.

Have a great cruise on a beautiful ship!

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, VegasChic said:

Do they offer day passes for the Thermal Spa?  Do you know if you are allowed to use the thermal spa if you book a massage?

If space allows, day passes are sold. I've seen a price of $99/day mentioned on these boards (take that for what it's worth). They will not let you access the thermal suite if you book any service with the spa. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VegasChic said:

Do they offer day passes for the Thermal Spa?  Do you know if you are allowed to use the thermal spa if you book a massage?

Day passes are sold at the discretion of the Spa. Pre-pandemic, they would only be available, if any, on slow port days and never busy sea days. If the Thermal Suite is busy, no day passes will be sold. The price for a day pass on the Prima was $99. 

Thermal Suite is only available to those who purchase that service. Massage clients do not get access to the Thermal Suite. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 12:31 AM, BirdTravels said:

Complimentary Sparkling Wine

image.thumb.png.411a3773fdbdbdadbfd325ac64fcbeef.png

I always have one of these every cruise and ends up untouched at the end of the cruise.  I just leave it in the room.  Curious if anyone has tried it and if it's any good.  I just have plenty of time in my hands now (LOL) so I googled to see how much it costs.  It retails for $6 so maybe it was bought wholesale for $3-4 a pop.  Bottle looks good though.

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 6.11.36 PM.png

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 11:52 AM, gatorchinsky said:

Looking at the photos of the observation lounge I thought the same thing. People are going to camp out on the daybeds and take naps. I really don’t see how anyone would want to lay down in a public space and nap.

Sometimes it happens unintentionally. My husband and I were on a cruise, and settled in on a daybed with a partial cover after a long day at port, and next thing we knew, we were asleep! The rocking of the ship, plus exhaustion...it happens. 

On 11/4/2022 at 6:17 PM, NYFirstTimeCruiser said:

I always have one of these every cruise and ends up untouched at the end of the cruise.  I just leave it in the room.  Curious if anyone has tried it and if it's any good.  I just have plenty of time in my hands now (LOL) so I googled to see how much it costs.  It retails for $6 so maybe it was bought wholesale for $3-4 a pop.  Bottle looks good though.

I've received it several times and like you, just leave it in the cabin when I vacate... 

On 11/4/2022 at 5:17 PM, NYFirstTimeCruiser said:

I can’t imagine leaving free cheap hooch behind!

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2022 at 12:25 PM, Red-Sol said:

Starting to think that the Hudson's MDR might be the most attractive dining venue on the ship.

I love that they still use tablecloths. Carnival has pretty much done away with them and it really does make a difference visually.

8 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

The OP was referring to Hudsons with regards to tablecloths...and it sure seems like they use them there:

Fully aware Joe about what the OP was referring to.  My post was about comparing Onda on the Prima with Sunkey1's post about the removal of tablecloths on Carnival.

On 10/14/2022 at 6:12 PM, JIMESOPUS said:

We found only one bar that would make a pistachio martini and that was down at the Penrose on deck #6, most of the bars had a list of drinks that could be made and didn't deviate from that list 

One of My favorite drinks

how was it?

do u remember which bar?

On 10/10/2022 at 5:28 PM, BirdTravels said:

The most important improvement on the Prima is the arrival of mini Freestyle machines for Freestyle Cruising!  No clunky RFID cups like the other guys. Just swipe you key card and fill any glass you want!

AA854EB5-CA8E-43BD-9B20-173D774FD1AA.jpeg

Are cups provided at these machines or do you have to bring your own?

5 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

There are cups to the left of the machine.

It is a regular beverage station like in the buffet with coffee, flavored water and the mini freestyle machine. There are plastic cups and coffee cups stacked for use at the beverage dispensers. 

It was kinda weird since the waiters were using the guest beverage station to make water glasses to give out to tables. At times, you literally had to muscle your way around the waiters to get a cup for yourself. Poor design, the waiters should be hidden away. 

1 hour ago, zackarykeef said:

I thought basically everything was included with premium plus, other than some full bottles of wine/champagne?

Ups, sorry, I didn´t see the "plus". Most of the Whiskeys are above the 15 USD which is covered by the Premium Package.

steamboats