My Journey, when do events start showing?

CastMember 02

2 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

it is not consistent, 

This should be the Princess motto, "It is not consistent."

As to events on Journey, my last Medallion cruise, LOTS of things were never listed or were listed after the event itself.  I relied only on the printed Patter.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

This should be the Princess motto, "It is not consistent."

As to events on Journey, my last Medallion cruise, LOTS of things were never listed or were listed after the event itself.  I relied only on the printed Patter.

or it's consistently inconsistent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Our cruise departs tomorrow  and I have been able to view the schedule on the Medallion  app for a few days.  I find it difficult  to view.  I click on a day or time to view and the screen scrolls too far and too fast.  I wish there was just a list by day you could look at or by the entire week.

ship.princess.com when you are on board.  Then add Ocean Concierge to your home page.  You will see an almost identical patter instead of the journey view with is useless.

I have found that SPA events and other "seminars" will show up before your cruise.  Other than that, I have never had entertainment options visible until boarding.  

I once shadowed a CD (no ED at that time) around.  S/He had a template ready to go at any given moment that "they" could click and change any given day.  Think teacher planning.  I had to plan for a week/month but could make quick changes as needed.  A good ED will have such a plan, especially if the itinerary repeats.  There is absolutely no reason why they can't publish events ahead of time.  

59 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

ship.princess.com when you are on board.  Then add Ocean Concierge to your home page.  You will see an almost identical patter instead of the journey view with is useless.

I have found that SPA events and other "seminars" will show up before your cruise.  Other than that, I have never had entertainment options visible until boarding.  

I once shadowed a CD (no ED at that time) around.  S/He had a template ready to go at any given moment that "they" could click and change any given day.  Think teacher planning.  I had to plan for a week/month but could make quick changes as needed.  A good ED will have such a plan, especially if the itinerary repeats.  There is absolutely no reason why they can't publish events ahead of time.  

Thank you.  I will definitely check out the on-line patter version on Ocean Concierge once on board.  That will be helpful.

The Medallion App., Journey View, schedule prior to boarding does list the days, times and names of the Broadway shows, two indivudual singers that are scheduled to perform and the comedian on the schedule, so it is helpful--just difficult to read because of the scrolling/moving of the screen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Just to clarify... "ship.princess.com" *might* confuse some people.  If you are on the Regal it would be "regal.princess.com"  or "majestic.princess.com" if on the Majestic.  Note:  this is after going on airplane mode and connecting to the ship wifi.  It does NOT work off the ship! 

I have used this instead of the app for anything relating to events and locations ever since the app "forced us" to go that way.  I stumbled on this pre-pandemic...much easier to see the schedule (unless you're holding a Patter in your hand! 😄)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Our cruise departs tomorrow  and I have been able to view the schedule on the Medallion  app for a few days.  

I am 8 days out and my Journey View on the Medallion App is empty of events and activities. 

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just to clarify... "ship.princess.com" *might* confuse some people.  If you are on the Regal it would be "regal.princess.com"  or "majestic.princess.com" if on the Majestic.  Note:  this is after going on airplane mode and connecting to the ship wifi.  It does NOT work off the ship! 

I have used this instead of the app for anything relating to events and locations ever since the app "forced us" to go that way.  I stumbled on this pre-pandemic...much easier to see the schedule (unless you're holding a Patter in your hand! 😄)

Thank you very much for the clarification.  I am a "get out of my way" computer instructor.  But I make a terrible technical writer.  

Someone at the Medallion Desk on board the Grand did it for me the first time.  Someone on Cruise Critic wrote instructions on what to do.  I don't remember those steps.  Just know how to work my way to the finished product through trial and error.

But...ever since learning how to use this Ocean Concierge, it has been so much easier than the Medallion Class app on my device.

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There is absolutely no reason why they can't publish events ahead of time.  

The reason is they are not known (scheduled) in advance.

Ask any guest lecturer. They usually say they will have a lecture the next day but will not know what time it will be until they see it in the printed Patter.