Sea Dog is Live with Life on Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness in the MDR. 10-16.

Sea Dog

16 minutes ago, broberts said:

There is a lot of vibration and 3D movement on a ship at sea. Without some sort of stabilizing mount a very long exposure is likely going to push the limits of the camera's ability to stabilize the shot.

A video with post processing into a single still may be a workable approach.

Thanks you are right that in order to get a long exposure night sky stability is the key. I’m trying a variety of approaches. It looks like photo editing may be my best hope. I just wish my camera could capture what I saw last with my naked eye. It was a great night sky with tons of stars and I could even see one far way galaxy.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I just wish my camera could capture what I saw last with my naked eye.

I find myself saying that a lot.  Between the dynamic range that the human eye can see, the incredible colors, the 3 dimensional view, the framing of foreground/middle ground/background...our sight is an impressive thing.  Cameras often seem to fall short.  That's why I post process a lot...to bring bag some of what I saw with my eyes that didn't quite appear in the initial camera photo.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I find myself saying that a lot.  Between the dynamic range that the human eye can see, the incredible colors, the 3 dimensional view, the framing of foreground/middle ground/background...our sight is an impressive thing.  Cameras often seem to fall short.  That's why I post process a lot...to bring bag some of what I saw with my eyes that didn't quite appear in the initial camera photo.

So true. I’ll guess I’ll resort to this.

099EE0AC-781D-41EC-AA0E-59B1B7E8C725.thumb.jpeg.98c90c25117b1e0fe39c2c07544bad8f.jpeg

😉😉😉

• Like 23

On 10/19/2022 at 6:47 PM, Sea Dog said:

Here it is!!!! It only took about two hours to upload this 4K video to You Tube. Here is a little video that I quickly threw together on our excursion to Stingray City.

The video was all shot on my new Go Pro 11 Hero at 4K resolution and 60fps. The video quality is amazing. The only problem I had was sometimes it would switch modes on me. I think I needed to do a screen lock since the water may have pushed up against the back touch screen and switched it. But any way I hope you enjoy video of these amazing creatures. This was really something special.

Oh my word I'm so jealous of your skills. 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2022 at 6:32 PM, Luckynana said:

We will be Diamond after our Liberty cruise!😉

On 10/19/2022 at 6:43 PM, Sea Dog said:

I am now a big fan. May be a long walk to the back but that's ok.

So will we after this cruise. Yay!!!!!!

We've had two as Diamond now...  We love being at the grown up table 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Big line for the start of Bingo. Someday I’ll play.

Who all plays Bingo? Let me know.

32E8ABDF-7975-4E96-9664-546E9348E550.thumb.jpeg.3e56a524de6bca7e2f65867309bf5645.jpeg

We played bingo on our 2012 Adventure of the Seas cruise. I won a free cruise I had to track down the bingo host for 4 days to get the certificate. Finally got it on the last day it was worth about $2000. I upgraded to a JS and took the cruise on Allure the next year. Haven't won at bingo since.

Edited by Lorey2007
  • Like 4

Way to go Royal! You deliver an invitation to my stateroom for the new Icon of the seas yesterday saying it was tomorrow. I show up today with about 30 other people to only find out it was yesterday. 

3F90C470-8FAB-445E-8FBC-D39E4989502C.thumb.jpeg.55fead666a7cc2ad78772702dddb3d4f.jpeg

Back to bar I go. Glenfiddich on ice.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Ah yes...it does a good sky replacement.  I never would have known.  I did wonder how you kept the video screen from getting blown out while still getting the stars. 😉

Now you know some of my tricks for artistic license. 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2022 at 11:17 AM, MJSailors said:

"Remember, water is your friend."

MJ

Indeed, water IS your friend. My story goes like this:

We were staying at home in February 2021 (like most of us here) and hubby and I had received our second in the Moderna series of COVID vaccines. In January, we had received the first, and other than a sore arm, no issues. Different tale this time - after retiring for the night in February, I  woke up first with chills, but managed to go back to sleep. Then a few hours later, I had the feverish feeling. I went back to sleep for a few more hours, then woke up again, this time needing a potty break. I should have stayed put, because my head was throbbing. Hubby was already awake but had taken the dog out for his morning walk. I made it to the bathroom, did my business, and the next thing I knew was hubby propping me up against the bathroom vanity, and then I passed out again. When I woke up, we decided to go to an urgent care center. They did a chest x-ray, a CAT scan, and gave me a saline solution -  and by that time, I was feeling much better. I did suffer a couple of very minor cuts on my scalp, but no concussions, thank goodness. I think I hit the doorframe of the bathroom door on my way to the floor. And yes, I definitely did not drink much water that evening, dummy that I was. 

Was it the vaccine? I'll never know for sure, but I now know enough to drink PLENTY of water when dealing with booster shots, getting COVID itself, or any "bug" in general.

Case in point: We finally got the bivalent booster shot 2 days ago, and you bet I was drinking water like a dehydrated camel  on Wednesday evening. I did wake up in the night for bathroom breaks, but at least I didn't feel dizzy or pass out. 

Edited by sushitex
  • Like 7