Dumb question about deposits...

junki

Hi, new Celebrity Cruiser here. I just booked a cruise on their website for my family and paid the deposit. The final payment due date isn't until January of 2023. I am wondering if there is any benefit at all to paying the remainder before the final payment date?

5 minutes ago, junki said:

Hi, new Celebrity Cruiser here. I just booked a cruise on their website for my family and paid the deposit. The final payment due date isn't until January of 2023. I am wondering if there is any benefit at all to paying the remainder before the final payment date?

None that I’m aware of.  

• Thanks 1

@junki The biggest issue about paying before final is due is to check on payment requirements if you want any type of insurance. Any policies that waive pre-existing conditions for medical claims usually require payment of the full premium within a certain time after your made your very first payment or deposit. 

If you don't want it, no problem. But if you want coverage by Celebrity's Cruise Care or independent policies, do your homework NOW or you might lose the chance to cover thousands of dollars in medical and evacuation expenses.

Personally I don't see any advantage to making final payment early.    You are just basically giving Celebrity your cash to hold onto.

I would have to disagree with some comment that it restricts you on making changes.   I have made a payment a week prior to final payment.   The next day they dropped prices and I applied for and got a refund of the difference back to my credit card.   I thought I had blown the ability to get the price match but applied for it anyway.    They told me since final payment date had not yet passed I had to have my agent process the price change.     I received the credit back on my CC in less than a week.

I have also upgrade a cabin once final payment.  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Definitely no. After you make final payment everything is fixed.  No changes allowed

No, after the date final payment is due.

I paid off my upcoming Apex cruise about a week early, then got an e-mail about Florida resident rates. I called before the final payment date and was able to have the cruise repriced. I got the refund on my credit card.

• Like 1