Power adapter thats allowed on ship

22 hours ago, slyster said:

I have an older model of that one and have never had an issue taking it.  Couple that with a UK two pin adapter and you have plenty of plug in places.  

1 hour ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I have an older model of that one and have never had an issue taking it.  Couple that with a UK two pin adapter and you have plenty of plug in places.  

I only had two places to plug in and I found the adapter to be the one I used primarily.  I did use the second outlet from time to time, but the one with the adapter was enough.

13 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

I agree with you that this should be OK... but I recently had this confiscated on Royal or Celebrity at check in :-0 Doesn't get much simpler than this!

10-17-2022 8-20-46 AM.jpg

We use one of these on every cruise and have a 2 usb block that plugs into 1 outlet.  

On 10/16/2022 at 11:51 AM, chengkp75 said:

This is correct.  RCI does not allow anything with a cord and power outlets.  "Pure" USB hubs, which can charge up to 7 or more devices, are allowed with a cord, since the power output is limited.  My best solution is a plug adapter to adapt the 220v outlet to US 110v, then a "pure" USB hub for any electronics.  This frees up any and all US110v outlets for things like hair dryers, or things that don't use a USB port.  If absolutely necessary, bring a simple rubber "outlet splitter" that has one male plug and 3 female plugs.

I’ve traveled with this many times and never an issue.   NCl. RC.CC Princess.  

958B27D4-6840-4D4B-86FC-7ACE91635B49.jpeg

Edited by Cruise5life

18 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I was thinking about the simple Type C adapter but then read that if you try to plug in a true 110v device (like a small fan) that it didn't convert it from the 220v Type C outlet and would burn up the fan motor.  It seems many USB chargers may accept the 220v without issue so the simple adapter would work.  Since I was spefically wanting to plug in a small fan next to the bed (that only had a Type C outlet), I got from Amazon a Power Voltage Converter by E-POLAR Step Down Converter EU/UK/AU/in/US Worldwide Plug Adapter which worked great.  It may have been overkill, but it did have 2 power outlets and 3 USB charging ports, so it did provide additional outlets as well. Very small/compact, no surge suppresser, and had no issues.  Because the initial short power cord was a "normal" US Type A plug, I can also use it as a small charging station around the house if I needed.

image.jpeg.8ac0fe842551d136d5176b29b966d0af.jpeg

Edited by The Scurvy Pirate

6 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Very small/compact, no surge suppresser, and had no issues.  Because the initial short power cord was a "normal" US Type A plug, I can also use it as a small charging station around the house if I needed.

image.jpeg.8ac0fe842551d136d5176b29b966d0af.jpeg

Never really had a need for that many plug ports.  

On 10/17/2022 at 8:24 AM, Ret MP said:

I'm more concerned about its size.  The male plug doesn't swivel and I'm not sure how much room there is between the actual electric outlet and the desk.  So, I purchased this last night (I've been wanting one of these for a while anyway):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KXSJ3Z6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got it today:

image.thumb.png.be18d942342395a7ec7585c1eaa95a02.png

image.thumb.png.d0586fccb0ecab6acaf0419d716719c4.png

1 hour ago, 1cruise2U said:

Someone mentioned a small fan…l read that under special needs you could request a fan. I think it was on RCCL

We always bring at least one fan, usually two.  I have one a mini "tower" fan that's about 15" tall.  My wife has one that clips on to things.  Never had a problem bringing these onboard, although I've always worried that someone might see my tower fan and think it's a space heater.  

Thanks to all for your responses. Got one  on amazon for $.9.99 that replaces  old 3 plug converter with plugs and 2 charging ports. Just to advise on cruises the last three weeks passed the  confiscated table  leaving  18 in Fort lauderdale  and Canaveral  #1  and many corded units confiscated. Looked like anything with a cord and all surge protectors taken if they were able to see them at  checkin.