"Live" Regal Princess, Oct 26 to Dec 2, Rome to Ft Lauderdale

LACruiser88

LA CRUISER 88.... 

we have been using your tips and advice a lot since boarding last Thursday...thank you very much!

one last question....some time back  I THINK you mentioned that you hooked an HDMI cable to your tv ....

I got my fat hand in behind the TV and plugged in the HDMI cable....however I cant find... on the remote control... an "input" button to switch to HDMI 1 or 2....on the TV screen , all I can pull up in the "settings" control for the princess stuff....am I missing something?   

No one has EVER compared me to Bill Gates when it comes to computer prowess!

Thank agin!

49 minutes ago, tml1230 said:

LA CRUISER 88.... 

we have been using your tips and advice a lot since boarding last Thursday...thank you very much!

one last question....some time back  I THINK you mentioned that you hooked an HDMI cable to your tv ....

I got my fat hand in behind the TV and plugged in the HDMI cable....however I cant find... on the remote control... an "input" button to switch to HDMI 1 or 2....on the TV screen , all I can pull up in the "settings" control for the princess stuff....am I missing something?   

No one has EVER compared me to Bill Gates when it comes to computer prowess!

Thank agin!

First step, have TV set to a Live channel.  I usually set it to the Bridge cam. 

Then, you will find a round button on the bottom of the TV.  Give that button a quick push (a long hold will turn the TV off) and you will see a input menu appear on the lower part of the TV screen.

Use the arrow selector on the TV remote to select HDMI.  A second menu will appear on the upper right hand corner of the TV.  Again, use the TV remote to select the HDMI input.

I make sure my device is already set to the streaming service.  And viola, you should be good to go!

If that does not work, find me at Vines.  I make house calls.  🙂

20221120_165946.jpg

20221120_165956.jpg

20221120_170006.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

First step, have TV set to a Live channel.  I usually set it to the Bridge cam. 

Then, you will find a round button on the bottom of the TV.  Give that button a quick push (a long hold will turn the TV off) and you will see a input menu appear on the lower part of the TV screen.

Use the arrow selector on the TV remote to select HDMI.  A second menu will appear on the upper right hand corner of the TV.  Again, use the TV remote to select the HDMI input.

I make sure my device is already set to the streaming service.  And viola, you should be good to go!

If that does not work, find me at Vines.  I make house calls.  🙂

20221120_165946.jpg

20221120_165956.jpg

20221120_170006.jpg

LOVE U MAN!...looking for you at Vines!

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 1:30 AM, LACruiser88 said:

We do not interact with the CD, but I'll poke around the sports court and see what I can find out.

Btw, posting on CC has been difficult, often having to submit post numerous times.  Just in case there is a delayed response from those of us onboard.

There has been no problem streaming Netflix or Hulu via the TV or any other function via the internet.  Just issues with CC.  🤔

Please, how did you stream Netflix from the TV?

7 hours ago, tampadee said:

I found out that the medallion app occasionally disconnects my device. Under profile ; medallionNet; I need to "swap" my device. I only have one device, but touching this button makes everything so much better. No one can explain.

13 hours ago, tampadee said:

You actually stream via your device (smartphone or tablet) and use the TV to mirror the screen on your device.  You need to bring compatible cords/adapters for your device and plug into the HDMI port on the back of your TV.  Then follow the steps detailed in post #327.

The adapter we use recharges our device while streaming.  If you use an adapter without recharging capabilities you will only get a couple of hours of streamimg before the battery on your device dies.

I hope this helps???

Btw, we have been downloading content like crazy in anticipation of losing Internet service during the crossing.

20221121_093231.jpg

20221121_093128.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

You actually stream via your device (smartphone or tablet) and use the TV to mirror the screen on your device.  You need to bring compatible cords/adapters for your device and plug into the HDMI port on the back of your TV.  Then follow the steps detailed in post #327.

The adapter we use recharges our device while streaming.  If you use an adapter without recharging capabilities you will only get a couple of hours of streamimg before the battery on your device dies.

I hope this helps???

Btw, we have been downloading content like crazy in anticipation of losing Internet service during the crossing.

20221121_093231.jpg

20221121_093128.jpg

I am on the Emerald and our internet actually got better once we were on the TA. It may have been a day or two after our last port (I don't remember) but our internet improved compared to Western Europe.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

I hope this helps???

20221121_093231.jpg

20221121_093128.jpg

Thank you so much!  I'm giving all your info to my husband.

• Like 1

Meaning they have been selling the balcony dinner for this cruise but are not fulfilling the requests and are refunding the cost.  When I asked why, they recited the standard covid response. 

They then offered me room service from the MDR menu in lieu of the purchased balcony dinner.

Not a good look at all.

Not implying there is covid on board.  My apologies if it sounded that way.

Edited by odyssyus

11 minutes ago, odyssyus said:

Meaning they have been selling the balcony dinner for this cruise but are not fulfilling the requests and are refunding the cost.  When I asked why, they recited the standard covid response. 

They then offered me room service from the MDR menu in lieu of the purchased balcony dinner.

Not a good look at all.

Sorry about your balcony dinner but relieved that you didn’t mean there was a Covid outbreak. The odd thing is room service contacted us to schedule our balcony breakfast. Not sure why they’d be doing breakfasts but not dinners.  

50 minutes ago, odyssyus said:

Not a good look at all.

Interesting as other ships are serving UBD course by course..

They may be slightly understaffed or such, which would be Covid related - lingering short staffing effects.  

There was a recent thread about UBD that some ships are doing it by serving all at once and some course by course and some still haven't resumed. 

14 hours ago, odyssyus said:

Ok. Got an answer.

For the champagne breakfast they enter your room once. During the dinner they enter multiple times and they aren't ready to do that just yet.

K

Makes sense, I suppose. But seriously, who would want a balcony dinner in these conditions?! Very chilly and windy out there after the sun goes down at 5pm.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, odyssyus said:

Not a good look at all.

Oh there is most certainly Covid onboard.  I was released from Covid jail on Sunday after 6 days in isolation.  

7 minutes ago, Jilliebean28 said:

Oh there is most certainly Covid onboard.  I was released from Covid jail on Sunday after 6 days in isolation.  

What does covid jail entail these days? Glad to hear you were let go. Hope you are feeling better

I would like to send a HUGE thank you out to everyone who joined us at the meet and greet yesterday! What a wonderful group this is! We saw Alexander and Gary last evening and they commented that our group was wonderful! They enjoyed spending time with us. And the Captain 😋😋

4B84BA4E-D057-4D86-96B4-60F893ACA5E8.jpeg

• Like 3