Martini bar still included on premium package?

bogofman

We have the premium package on our up coming cruise , I have been looking at the app and checking out bar prices, it looks like all martinis at the martini bar are 15.5 dollars now

The terms of the package says drinks upto 15, does that mean the martini bar is not included anymore

1 hour ago, bogofman said:

We have the premium package on our up coming cruise , I have been looking at the app and checking out bar prices, it looks like all martinis at the martini bar are 15.5 dollars now

The terms of the package says drinks upto 15, does that mean the martini bar is not included anymore

You just pay the difference....in other words, fifty cents plus the 18% gratuity on fifty cents...(or is it 20%??)....

That's always been the case...your package covers the first $15...then you pay the difference...

ETA:

From their website:

Enjoy unlimited mixed drinks and cocktails which are priced below $15 per drink; you only pay the difference on anything priced above $15.

Edited by dlh015

2 hours ago, bogofman said:

My app for our cruise next month out of the US lists a price of $13 for martinis from the Martini Bar.  Where are you cruising out of?  I have this vague recollection that certain parts of the world require the gratuity to be included in the menu price and that the cruise line takes that into account when that is the case.

Is this the Silhouette out of Southampton? Drink prices for European sailings include gratuities. Unless something's changed, the Premium package covers those drinks (the  $ limit should be higher to offset the difference, but you may have to dig to find it).

9 hours ago, bogofman said:

Those prices match our Australia cruise, similarly to the UK, they have the gratuity included in the price and the $15 limit becomes $18...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Those prices match our Australia cruise, similarly to the UK, they have the gratuity included in the price and the $15 limit becomes $18...

This is correct.  We have just come off Silhouette where Martinis were indeed priced at $15.5.  However the premium package limit is $18 - so happy days !    I think the Classic package limit becomes $11 (inclusive of the gratuity). 

Champagnes (Cattier and Montaudon) were also available by the glass within the premium package in several locations - but you do have to ask for them by name (otherwise they will try to fob you off with the Celebrity Vintages, Bouvet or Chandon - all three are sparkling wines but not champagnes).

Enjoy the cruise      

• Like 1

20 hours ago, prmssk said:

My app for our cruise next month out of the US lists a price of $13 for martinis from the Martini Bar.  Where are you cruising out of?  I have this vague recollection that certain parts of the world require the gratuity to be included in the menu price and that the cruise line takes that into account when that is the case.

Out of UK,  pleased to hear its included, very confusing with the different prices  and documents online, 

5 hours ago, stellarose said:

I am hoping to just pay the upcharge to get a martini on the classic package. 

that is the way it works, they will credit you for the classic package amount and you will pay the difference plus gratuity on the difference.

9 hours ago, stellarose said:

I am hoping to just pay the upcharge to get a martini on the classic package. 

You can ask for a smaller martini glass with the classic package.  No upcharge and you just order more of them to make up for the size! 

• Haha 1

Just off Reflection a couple of weeks ago and if I remember correctly most Martinis were priced at $13 so were included in the premium drinks package. However, I think there was one which was priced at $16 so if you wanted that particular one you just paid the $1.20 difference. 

22 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

Yes, but not the "fancy" martinis at the Martini bar. 

yes you can just in a smaller glass. we had a friend who only had the Classic package on the Silhouette and they had no problem getting any Martini on the menu at the Martini Bar. Just in a smaller glass.  

Edited by sayvan

On Beyond martinis are priced at $15/$18 so it's include or a small upcharge depending on what size Martini you order. If you tip in cash on the first cocktail they may not charge you the upcharge on the larger size if you tip the difference in cash. (YMMV)