Live from Majestic Princess - 20th October 2022

21 minutes ago, arxcards said:

South Solitary Island.😂

OK, it's between Coffs Harbour and Grafton.

Now I remember seeing those islands off Coffs Harbour.  But I'm confused by the other cruise, so was thinking North Queensland.  At least you didn't have to walk around in the stinking heat!

8 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Not sure how they are on that ship but on our recent cruise on the Coral Princess one of our group had one every night of the 13 nights.

I had a few on the coral.

Arxcards was disappointed with the ones he got on Coral.

Crown Grill done, and in a food coma. I tried some alternate options to what I would usually have. Very happy (and full)

Mrs Arxy had the Creme Brule cheesecake and declared it as the best dessert she has ever had. Will add some pics later. A nice way to Crown a relaxing day at sea.

We booked Ultimate Balcony Dining for later in the cruise, but they are still not ready to do them. Well done Princess, you really shouldn't be offering them on the oersonaliser. Made another Crown Grill booking for the last night to ease the pain 😉

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Crown Grill done, and in a food coma. I tried some alternate options to what I would usually have. Very happy (and full)

Mrs Arxy had the Creme Brule cheesecake and declared it as the best dessert she has ever had. Will add some pics later. A nice way to Crown a relaxing day at sea.

We booked Ultimate Balcony Dining for later in the cruise, but they are still not ready to do them. Well done Princess, you really shouldn't be offering them on the oersonaliser. Made another Crown Grill booking for the last night to ease the pain 😉

I had the creme brulee cheesecake in the MDR on our Coral Princess. I thought it was superb.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I had the creme brulee cheesecake in the MDR on our Coral Princess. I thought it was superb.

I have had it a couple of times in Bayou, and it was nice. Barb thought the one tonight as next level. I had a mousey dessert that wasn't on the Bayou menu, and it was nice and rich. The menu fron Coral Bayou is almost the same, with Crown Grill offering a couple of extra mains and desserts. I am happy with either.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

I have had it a couple of times in Bayou, and it was nice. Barb thought the one tonight as next level. I had a mousey dessert that wasn't on the Bayou menu, and it was nice and rich. The menu fron Coral Bayou is almost the same, with Crown Grill offering a couple of extra mains and desserts. I am happy with either.

For a dessert lover, do you realise how sad it is to wake up to talk of dessert with nothing sweet in the house? When perusing menus, I look at the dessert first.  Used to be a tough decision, when you had to pick two courses out 3 choices, with a tempting entree.  Now on a ship, you can enjoy all three courses!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

For a dessert lover, do you realise how sad it is to wake up to talk of dessert with nothing sweet in the house? When perusing menus, I look at the dessert first.  Used to be a tough decision, when you had to pick two courses out 3 choices, with a tempting entree.  Now on a ship, you can enjoy all three courses!

Trying to stick to 2 courses for dinner on most nights, and single courses for breakfast & lunch.

11 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Trying to stick to 2 courses for dinner on most nights, and single courses for breakfast & lunch.

Very wise, for health, and you don't want to waddle down the gangway.😄

47 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Great reporting Geoff, I am enjoying your reports and pics as I take it easy watching the T20, Aust v NZ. Is it on MUTS?

Sail on !!

Yes mate, on MUTS.

Look after yourself Les.

• Like 1

We have arrived to a calm morning in Airlie Beach, and I think the weather is still making up its' mind.

Being naughty this morning, typing from the breakfast table. Just passing the time - service soooo slow. Even though seated at a table for two, your dining pace is set by the other twin tables around you, as they work their way through bowls of museli & stewed prunes - very P&O. When they eventially get to their bacon & eggs, you get to have yours too.

Listening to the conversations around me, most people are pretty happy today, and you learn all sorts of things. My favourite this morning - we thought Airlie Beach was just a beach, but apparently some people live there. Sadly, it was spoken in an Aussie accent.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

17 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We have arrived to a calm morning in Airlie Beach, and I think the weather is still making up its' mind.

Being naughty this morning, typing from the breakfast table. Just passing the time - service soooo slow. Even though seated at a table for two, your dining pace is set by the other twin tables around you, as they work their way through bowls of museli & stewed prunes - very P&O. When they eventially get to their bacon & eggs, you get to have yours too.

Listening to the conversations around me, most people are pretty happy today, and you learn all sorts of things. My favourite this morning - we thought Airlie Beach was just a beach, but apparently some people live there. Sadly, it was spoken in an Aussie accent.

Sad thing is it is not much of a beach either. Lovely lagoon popular with backpackers. Love the drive north of Airlie Beach.

I love my bacon  the US way, fully tortured till it can't take any more. Barb was not enjoying hers, so she told the water she doesn't like it crispy. He responded, you want English bacon? Barb is more than happy with that, akin to what we have at home.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I love my bacon  the US way, fully tortured till it can't take any more. Barb was not enjoying hers, so she told the water she doesn't like it crispy. He responded, you want English bacon? Barb is more than happy with that, akin to what we have at home.

You like your bacon nuked and cremated the American way.  I reckon Princess deep fry it. I don't mind it but English style is ok too.

1403466151_th(1).jpg.01dc2e2634d670789d87cee8051c816c.jpg

• Like 1

Only time I have decent bacon is on a cruise ship, American style.  Fully nuked and if you try to cut it, it explodes into a hundred shards.   So I just pick it up and eat like a chip.  My mouth is watering just thinking of it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, CCC's said:

Only time I have decent bacon is on a cruise ship, American style.  Fully nuked and if you try to cut it, it explodes into a hundred shards.   So I just pick it up and eat like a chip.  My mouth is watering just thinking of it.

Melts in your mouth.

• Like 1

Hi Geoff,

Just chiming in to say g'day. Happy to hear you're enjoying your cruise . It's sunny here in Yeppoon so you should return home with a nice tan as you head north 🙂

I've been following your thread (thanks so much) .I'm curious about the 'new' boarding style. I'm thinking that (Princess) boarding is now organised according to deck level & position on deck and not according to elite or preferred status. Is this how it's done?

Our last cruise was on the ill-fated Ruby (March 2000), so we're itching to get to sea again. Hopefully we'll take the plunge  next year.

Continue enjoying your cruise on the Majestic.

All the best,

Anna

30 minutes ago, Kinkacruiser said:

Hi Geoff,

Just chiming in to say g'day. Happy to hear you're enjoying your cruise . It's sunny here in Yeppoon so you should return home with a nice tan as you head north 🙂

I've been following your thread (thanks so much) .I'm curious about the 'new' boarding style. I'm thinking that (Princess) boarding is now organised according to deck level & position on deck and not according to elite or preferred status. Is this how it's done?

Our last cruise was on the ill-fated Ruby (March 2000), so we're itching to get to sea again. Hopefully we'll take the plunge  next year.

Continue enjoying your cruise on the Majestic.

All the best,

Anna

With Princess, you choose your embarkation time on the Medallion app. It doesn't relate to the deck on the ship. Within the embarkation time slot, people can still go into the Elite line for check-in. I don't know what happens if someone with a late boarding time and Elite status, turns up earlier than their allotted time. We had the first time slot so I didn't have to check that out.

• Like 1