Live from Majestic Princess - 20th October 2022

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Another from arxcards! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

arxcards was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

We have just finished packing in plenty of time for a train to Sydney tomorrow. We will spend a night at the Marriot, and board on Thursday. I am hoping to catch some movements of Pacific Adventure, Pacific Explorer and Carnival Splendor during our time in Sydney.

We have 11 nights this time, our first real holiday in a while. Number one priority is to chill, relax and enjoy our trip, but will have much more time to get around the ship and get plenty of photos. Also looking forward to our day in Port Douglas. With cruising shut down in 2020, we were going to take our Hawaiian cruise refund up there for a holiday, until Annastasia locked us out on short notice.

We booked this cruise in a roundabout way, late in 2020, for October 2021 on Royal Princess. We thought that would be a low risk cruise for when everything restarted. No such luck, so it became Royal Princess in November 2022, until Princess changed their mind. So here it is, and we scored an extra night for nothing, although our mini was slightly downgraded to a lower location.

If boarding is half as good as our recent Coral cruise, we will be ecstatic - in medallion we trust. 😁

Coral has been so easy to settle in to on two short cruises, so I am curious to how different a Royal class will feel. So far, every Princess ship we have boarded has felt familiar is a short time. Bring it on!!

• Like 13

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

We have just finished packing in plenty of time for a train to Sydney tomorrow. We will spend a night at the Marriot, and board on Thursday. I am hoping to catch some movements of Pacific Adventure, Pacific Explorer and Carnival Splendor during our time in Sydney.

We have 11 nights this time, our first real holiday in a while. Number one priority is to chill, relax and enjoy our trip, but will have much more time to get around the ship and get plenty of photos. Also looking forward to our day in Port Douglas. With cruising shut down in 2020, we were going to take our Hawaiian cruise refund up there for a holiday, until Annastasia locked us out on short notice.

We booked this cruise in a roundabout way, late in 2020, for October 2021 on Royal Princess. We thought that would be a low risk cruise for when everything restarted. No such luck, so it became Royal Princess in November 2022, until Princess changed their mind. So here it is, and we scored an extra night for nothing, although our mini was slightly downgraded to a lower location.

If boarding is half as good as our recent Coral cruise, we will be ecstatic - in medallion we trust. 😁

Coral has been so easy to settle in to on two short cruises, so I am curious to how different a Royal class will feel. So far, every Princess ship we have boarded has felt familiar is a short time. Bring it on!!

We have a similar situation! Not sure which of our cruises was moved to this one, and how we ended up here, but all ok and yes, I think we scored an extra night and some extra OBC too! Last time we were on Majestic, we were upgraded to Penthouse Suite, this time a balcony, but just happy to be cruising again, it is what you make it.I will miss our friend RKMW who we have cruised with when we last could , but all will be fine.

If you see us on the train, we will be the ones with too much luggage, not sure how we used to cruise with so little, but I guess we will work that out after this one.

4 more cruises after this before Xmas (not sure how that happened either) but just happy to start cruising again after so many cancellations . Cheryle

• Like 5

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

Hope you have sunny sky's and smooth seas🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

We have a similar situation! Not sure which of our cruises was moved to this one, and how we ended up here, but all ok and yes, I think we scored an extra night and some extra OBC too! Last time we were on Majestic, we were upgraded to Penthouse Suite, this time a balcony, but just happy to be cruising again, it is what you make it.I will miss our friend RKMW who we have cruised with when we last could , but all will be fine.

If you see us on the train, we will be the ones with too much luggage, not sure how we used to cruise with so little, but I guess we will work that out after this one.

4 more cruises after this before Xmas (not sure how that happened either) but just happy to start cruising again after so many cancellations . Cheryle

Bon Voyage  Half the clothes and twice the money was the best advice I ever received. I've been in Sydney a month and haven't worn any summer clothes.  However, summer clothes will be useful on your cruise north.  

Wow Four more cruises before Christmas - impressive!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

Bon Voyage for your longer cruise north.  Enjoy your stay at the Marriott and your short walk to the Majestic on Thursday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, resordanis said:

Have a great cruise guys, good to see you are back to what you love!!

I think Bob has a few cruises booked from Brissy.

Good luck with all your luggage!

• Like 2

Bon Voyage Geoff & Barbara!

Have a great time on the Majestic Princess!

I hope the internet works better for you then it did for us 🙂

TIP: With the medallion app when you get on the ship, Sign out of the app and then sign in with your cabin number 😉 , the app works better that way!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CRUISING ALONG said:

Looks like someone has tripped over the cable. The Majestic Princess  bridge cam hasn't been working since they left the Bay of Islands, New Zealand a couple of days ago.

Cheers

CRUISING ALONG

Majestic Princess Bridge cam.jpg

maybe they want to surprise us! 

18 hours ago, arxcards said:

Wishing you both a happy holiday,,,have fun 🤩🤩 hope the weather is kind

Cheers Carole

• Like 1

What are your plans for Darwin?  27c 32c  partly cloudy showers  Sounds typical Darwin, hot and humid.  Remember your wide brimmed hat and bottle of water.  I like that area on the waterfront with swimming pool and wave lagoon and grass to relax.  i ate lunch at Chow, a taste of South East Asia, twice.  Just remember there is a large South East Asian population here, so the food is the real deal. 

8 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

What are your plans for Darwin?  27c 32c  partly cloudy showers  Sounds typical Darwin, hot and humid.  Remember your wide brimmed hat and bottle of water.  I like that area on the waterfront with swimming pool and wave lagoon and grass to relax.  i ate lunch at Chow, a taste of South East Asia, twice.  Just remember there is a large South East Asian population here, so the food is the real deal. 

Oops wrong thread.  Hope you are enjoying your longer cruise to North Queensland.  

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Bon Voyage Geoff & Barbara!

Have a great time on the Majestic Princess!

I hope the internet works better for you then it did for us 🙂

TIP: With the medallion app when you get on the ship, Sign out of the app and then sign in with your cabin number 😉 , the app works better that way!

Thanks. I hope so too, or a live thread will be a fizzer.

We have been talking-up that tip here for a while. The other is to see the gurus at Ocean medallion if anything isn't working properly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

We had to cancel our Kakadu tour, as I worried we wouldn't make it back in time to the ship anchored at Port Douglas 😉🤣

We have spent a bit of time in Darwin at this time of year - the start of the build-up. 

29 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We had to cancel our Kakadu tour, as I worried we wouldn't make it back in time to the ship anchored at Port Douglas 😉🤣

We have spent a bit of time in Darwin at this time of year - the start of the build-up. 

Glad you cancelled your tour, as I'd hate to be responsible for you missing your ship. 

• Haha 1