Live from Majestic Princess - 20th October 2022

17 hours ago, resordanis said:

My husband brought home the souvenir too. Me not yet. Hopefully if I am going to get it I do soon as we go again 20/11.  We both did negative RAT’s on Tuesday though. Just picked up him anti viral medication and the original price was over $1000. Thank goodness for the PBS. We both wore masks on the ship, but he did the Princess Pop Choir!

DW contracted from hairdresser at cruise -17 days. Long story short. I was still positive at cruise - 7 days. Can't cruise if had  Covid within 7 days of cruise. Cruise cancelled! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Galesa said:

DW contracted from hairdresser at cruise -17 days. Long story short. I was still positive at cruise - 7 days. Can't cruise if had  Covid within 7 days of cruise. Cruise cancelled! 

I knew that was the case, I just hope if I am going to get it, I get it now. We have 16 days till cruise, so 9 days to sort this out. Husband on day 2 anti virals and starting to feel better. It is only a short cruise, so not the end of the world, but then we have B2B2B!  Just a question, did you claim on travel insurance or did the cruise line give you a credit. Hopefully I don’t have to worry.

29 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I knew that was the case, I just hope if I am going to get it, I get it now. We have 16 days till cruise, so 9 days to sort this out. Husband on day 2 anti virals and starting to feel better. It is only a short cruise, so not the end of the world, but then we have B2B2B!  Just a question, did you claim on travel insurance or did the cruise line give you a credit. Hopefully I don’t have to worry.

Was with HAL. We took the FCC. Unfortunately though, the FCC can take 3-6 weeks to process (I suspect it will be longer), so we were unable to move quickly to another HAL cruise.

FYI. I'm still testing + 10 days after symptoms and 8 days since first positive RAT.

5 minutes ago, Galesa said:

Was with HAL. We took the FCC. Unfortunately though, the FCC can take 3-6 weeks to process (I suspect it will be longer), so we were unable to move quickly to another HAL cruise.

FYI. I'm still testing + 10 days after symptoms and 8 days since first positive RAT.

Thanks for the info. We have about another 9 days then for the first cruise and about 15 for the next cruises.😩

56 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Can you tell me how long it took you to get a negative result, with the anti viral drug you were taking please? Thanks Cheryle

They tested me on the sixth day (counting the day I tested positive as day 1) and I was negative. I'd developed symptoms one day earlier but tested negative that day, then positive next day. I had four days of symptoms:

1. Sore throat

2. Stuffy nose

3. Sneezes

4. Slight cough, which disappeared during the 5th day.

I was given the antivirals the day I tested positive and started taking them that night. I finished taking them the morning I tested negative.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They tested me on the sixth day (counting the day I tested positive as day 1) and I was negative. I'd developed symptoms one day earlier but tested negative that day, then positive next day. I had four days of symptoms:

1. Sore throat

2. Stuffy nose

3. Sneezes

I was given the antivirals the day I tested positive and started taking them that night. I finished taking them the morning I tested negative.

Thank you so much for the information. I am correct in saying that your husband didn’t catch the virus? I just did another test and still negative. We are both now wearing masks at home. I didn’t catch it when my husband got the virus back in April either, but wasn’t concerned then as we had nothing planned like we do have at the moment. Thanks Cheryle

6 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Thank you so much for the information. I am correct in saying that your husband didn’t catch the virus? I just did another test and still negative. We are both now wearing masks at home. I didn’t catch it when my husband got the virus back in April either, but wasn’t concerned then as we had nothing planned like we do have at the moment. Thanks Cheryle

Hope all goes well Cheryle, let me me know if you need anything if you come down with it and both can't get out. Happy to shop or go to chemist etc for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

Hope all goes well Cheryle, let me me know if you need anything if you come down with it and both can't get out. Happy to shop or go to chemist etc for you.

Thanks Chez, most appreciated! I did think earlier, it would have been great to have our other Wauchope friends around!

Edited by resordanis

2 hours ago, resordanis said:

Yes, that's correct, Rolf didn't catch Covid. His immune system is better than mine. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Arxcards,

When you were on Majestic, do you remember seeing the new filter water machine in the buffet area? I am currently on Discovery and it has that machine. I will be on Majestic next April for 27 days, and if Majestic has that machine, then I will not pre-purchase my bottled water from Princess (6 bottles of 500ml for $7 USD).  Thank you  5F0AFA01-BD02-49E7-B790-A40B7D446EA0.thumb.jpeg.57ad6bc933ba073e6f42d708de68e43f.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 5:08 PM, arxcards said:

We finally managed to get a window table at Alfredo's for lunch. As Barb was wriggling into place across the bench seat along the wall, she managed to knock the back of her head against a faux column that was sitting proud of the wall.

I hope you told them to move bench seat further from the wall.

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I hope you told them to move bench seat further from the wall.

No, I told Barb to take more care next time. Seeing it there, I was thinking surely someone else has bumped it, but only through carelessness. When I recall how many people fall down atrium stairs and how many slip on wet open decks, these ships need to be treated with respect.

The bench seats are common in many of the dining areas, and are fixed to the walls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

Arxcards,

When you were on Majestic, do you remember seeing the new filter water machine in the buffet area? I am currently on Discovery and it has that machine. I will be on Majestic next April for 27 days, and if Majestic has that machine, then I will not pre-purchase my bottled water from Princess (6 bottles of 500ml for $7 USD).  Thank you  5F0AFA01-BD02-49E7-B790-A40B7D446EA0.thumb.jpeg.57ad6bc933ba073e6f42d708de68e43f.jpeg

It looks like a beacon, and I think we would have noticed one if there were any on Majestic. I can't be sure though, as we didn't spend much time in the buffet.

It looks like rather impressive water, but we mostly drank bottled water from part of the plus package. Also, the ship water in the dining rooms & specialty restaurants tasted really good.

On 11/4/2022 at 11:40 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

1. Sore throat

2. Stuffy nose

3. Sneezes

They must be good! I couldn't get antivirals - under 70, with a partial risk factor, but I needed two valid ones to get them. I had all of those symptoms, but on top of each other. Add to that, for two days all of my teeth + jaw were aching, and throw in some fever and lingering sinus pain. All passed now, and I am getting a bit more energy back each day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It looks like a beacon, and I think we would have noticed one if there were any on Majestic. I can't be sure though, as we didn't spend much time in the buffet.

It looks like rather impressive water, but we mostly drank bottled water from part of the plus package. Also, the ship water in the dining rooms & specialty restaurants tasted really good.

Thank you. We eat in the buffet quite often, and the water there has strong chlorine taste (at least on the 10+ Princess ships that we cruised). 

21 minutes ago, arxcards said:

No, I told Barb to take more care next time. Seeing it there, I was thinking surely someone else has bumped it, but only through carelessness. When I recall how many people fall down atrium stairs and how many slip on wet open decks, these ships need to be treated with respect.

The bench seats are common in many of the dining areas, and are fixed to the walls.

Carelessness?  Are the posts painted in a colour which draws attention to them? 

6 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Thank you. We eat in the buffet quite often, and the water there has strong chlorine taste (at least on the 10+ Princess ships that we cruised). 

That has generally been our experience too. It wasn't apparent to us on Majestic, but we didn't drink any water in the buffet.

7 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Carelessness?  Are the posts painted in a colour which draws attention to them? 

The posts are tucked well enough out of the way that I still wonder how the heck she was able to come in contact with it.

Just now, arxcards said:

The posts are tucked well enough out of the way that I still wonder how the heck she was able to come in contact with it.

Doesn't sound like she got much sympathy from you. Anyone on Majestic Princess?  Please check out those posts for an independent opinion.

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Doesn't sound like she got much sympathy from you. Anyone on Majestic Princess?  Please check out those posts for an independent opinion.

She got my sympathy and support, but even blamed herself for bouncing across the seat like a 10 year old.