Suite - First Night Dining

LadyL1

We have never cruised with Princess before but will do so to Mexico in January.

Does one book the gratuitous dinner in a specialty restaurant via the app pre boarding or once on ship? We are thinking of trying the Crown Grill.
Answers will be appreciated. Thank you.

26 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

We have never cruised with Princess before but will do so to Mexico in January.

Does one book the gratuitous dinner in a specialty restaurant via the app pre boarding or once on ship? We are thinking of trying the Crown Grill.
Answers will be appreciated. Thank you.

22 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

We book when we get on board. If you book before they will charge you and then you have to go get a refund. Are you in a full suite cabin? This dinner is not for mini suites.

We were in a suite in August and were able to book our free 1st night dinner pre cruise via the app with no problems.  We did not have to pay and get a refund.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

We were in a suite in August and were able to book our free 1st night dinner pre cruise via the app with no problems.  We did not have to pay and get a refund.

This is helpful info.  How far ahead did you book it?  Last time I sailed Princess was before the app, and we just had a card in our suite telling us what time and where they had reserved for us.

2 minutes ago, Fa-Li said:

This is helpful info.  How far ahead did you book it?  Last time I sailed Princess was before the app, and we just had a card in our suite telling us what time and where they had reserved for us.

I can’t remember how far in advance maybe 2 months?

Be aware however that I’m one of those people who has never had any problems with app!  Lol. So YMMV.

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fa-Li said:

If there is a card in your suite and you do not like the restaurant or time just call the dine line and they will change it for you.  I booked on the app about 6 weeks before sailing and did not have to pay and get a refund when I was in a full suite.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fa-Li said:

Yes, you can book it in the App. You will not be charged. I have been able to book many months in advance. Try it and see! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, t&atravel said:

Be aware however that I’m one of those people who has never had any problems with app.

Like a unicorn! 🙂

I second the choice of Crown Grill.  I recommend the lamb chops.

I’ve tried booking our “free” specialty dinner but app keeps wanting to charge. I guess I’ll keep trying. Our cruise isn’t until January. And we’ve paid in full if that makes any difference.

13 hours ago, grak said:

I’ve tried booking our “free” specialty dinner but app keeps wanting to charge. I guess I’ll keep trying. Our cruise isn’t until January. And we’ve paid in full if that makes any difference.

As I said in my post above,the app for me appeared to charge by asking if you wanted to use your credit card BUT it never actually charged anything!

If you are in a full suite then in the end no charge will go through

23 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

These are great replies and so useful! As has been asked: we are in a full suite and very much looking forward to cruising on the Royal.

I just got off the Royal last week and was told by the restaurant managers in both Sabatini’s  and Crown that full suite passengers need no reservation for dining embarkation night. Just show up when you are ready to eat. 
I was in a full suite on the second leg of a b2b and the second leg was at around 72% capacity.  I showed up around 6:30 for dinner at Sabatini’s and was seated right away. I also ate at Crown later in the week. Both were very good. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I just got off the Royal last week and was told by the restaurant managers in both Sabatini’s  and Crown that full suite passengers need no reservation for dining embarkation night. Just show up when you are ready to eat. 
I was in a full suite on the second leg of a b2b and the second leg was at around 72% capacity.  I showed up around 6:30 for dinner at Sabatini’s and was seated right away. I also ate at Crown later in the week. Both were very good. 

^THIS^

My recent experience on the Royal was exactly as HaveDog has stated.

Walk-up for suite dining is no problem, no reservation required.