FINALLY, HAL has Released their West Coast Sailings for late 2023 - 2024

LAFFNVEGAS

Unfortunately there are way more hal ships in the  Caribbean so I guess they figure they can price the west coast sailings really high. I'd love to do the longer sailings on the west coast but they never work with my work schedule.  I wish they'd get rid of the zaandam to the Caribbean and bring the nieuw statendam or Rotterdam to the west coast to join the koningsdam.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

I like the volendam and zandam type ships now on the west coast itineraries. I have many times booked the corner aft rooms on other ships of this size but noticed these two are both using those as handicapped cabins. Can I wait list them as a non handicapped user in case they are not sold before sailing? Anyone know how this would work?

19 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Thanks for everyones comments, I do not get a chance to come into CC that often. I was thrilled to see HAL finally get more itineraries listed. Especially for West Coast Sailings.

I actualy had booked prior to this for December 2023 for an 11 day Southern Caribbean on the Eurodam, I liked the itinerary and dates were good for my works schedule Plus I booked when they still had the Early Booking Sale with all the very good perks with Have it All. Thought the price was excellent for a Signature Suite but I actually wanted to see what if any they would have for Sea of Cortez for any longer cruises. I figured if I could get a 11 day from San Diego I could save a day with travel. 

I was excited to see a nice 11 day itinerary for December but the day of the week it started made it so I had to take an extra day off work. It ends on Saturday rather than Sunday like the Eurodam does although I still need the extra day with flying to FLL but the deciding factor with staying with Eurodam rather than Koningsdam. The price for the Signature Suite was almost a total of $1900 less with Eurodam plus has the pre paid gratuities and a lot more ship board credit. Plus to be honest I prefer the Signature Suite on the Eurodam. While the Pinnacle Class ships are beautiful, the staterooms with the exception of the Neptune Suites are terrible in my opinion. It just does not excite me to return to the Koningsdam. With the saving about $2700 total with what I booked we are much better staying with the Eurodam. It surprised me that HAL priced the West Coast Sailings so high with less perks.

Did you see the Historical Baja Peninsula cruise? It’s also December of 2023 and goes way up the Sea of Cortez to lesser traveled ports. But it is on the Volendam and may impact whether or not you’re interested. 

On 10/23/2022 at 1:58 AM, mcrcruiser said:

please do not feel thatThat OP is irritating to many people . The OP wants to  be a cruise critic monitor   in  it's dreams   way ,

We certainly enjoyed seeing those cruises . We booked the Hawaii Jan 30 .2024 cruise  on Oct 21 st  & I truly appreciated the  heads up because handicap cabins sell out very fast on  certain itineraries & Hawaii is one of those itineraries   .It also  fives us booking early to use the Club Orange upgrade  cabin  at a much lower cost  . Our TA got us a great  price deal & HAL gave us $500 OBC & we got the other $250 OBC as a share holder 

I read your posts   frequently over the past  & would dearly miss you here ,so please reconsider who the OP is & tries ti bully people   until we put that person in it;s place

You realize you are responding to the actual OP  themselves?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andi Land said:

Did you see the Historical Baja Peninsula cruise? It’s also December of 2023 and goes way up the Sea of Cortez to lesser traveled ports. But it is on the Volendam and may impact whether or not you’re interested. 

Yes saw that, unfortunately I would not book a cruise on the Volendam, I have cruised on her once and have no plans to cruise on her again. Plus it would definitely not work with the number of days I can take. While I am well past retirement age I still work full time with two jobs and one of my jobs working in Auto Finance would not allow me to be gone that long. My ideal 11 day cruise would be starting on a Wednesday from the West Coast and ending on Sunday that way I am only taking 8 work days off.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 12:03 PM, Sea Hag said:

Interesting to see two different flavors of cruise for the total eclipse of the sun on 4/8/24. We're booked on the Discovery Princess for that, and I've been wondering when/if the other lines would offer one.

You're not Jumping Ship on me are you Sea Hag?  I was just looking on these postings to see what, if anything, I might be missing relative to our mutual efforts on The Discovery.  Smiles!

42 minutes ago, help32250 said:

You're not Jumping Ship on me are you Sea Hag?  I was just looking on these postings to see what, if anything, I might be missing relative to our mutual efforts on The Discovery.  Smiles!

I probably am not jumping ship, but I'm certainly looking at options. 😃

2 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I probably am not jumping ship, but I'm certainly looking at options. 😃

Good for you.  I did the same and "discovered" (nice pun) that The Discovery did indeed have a great price.  But I wanted to sea (nice pun) what was being said about the others.  And just to let you know, I have included your comments relative to what I am telling Princess.  Thanks!

• Like 1