Laundry Special still exist?

Pablo Diablo

1 hour ago, Pablo Diablo said:

I last cruised on NCL pre-Covid and I recall there was one day during 7-day cruise when the ship had a special offer of one full bag of laundry for $20. Does NCL still have this offer?  Thanks. 

Was $29 on Spirit last week.

One time offering mid cruise 

Look, "honey" - they shrink the (paper) bag ... by 1/3 in size 🙄 while raising the price for the special 😳 

Old"er" paper bag on the left, which our steward found & gave us to use ... the new paper bag now in circulation for use.  Good news, those hotel plastic laundry bag/liner will fit these new paper bags just fine, pull tight to secure & good to sent out with the slip filled out for an itemized inventory.  

PXL_20220512_041150447.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Itemize and count your stuff, roll them up nice and tight and shove em in. Definitely helps for folks who fly in early or plan to stay behind after the cruise ends. 

Club balcony rooms get  a free bag, as do platinum lattitude members. 

We just used the laundry service for the second time and it was very nice.  Two platinum members in the same cabin can each submit a bag.  I did bring kitchen garbage bags but the first paper bag split top to bottom.  I just left it as is and everything came back fine.  I put the itemized inventory inside the inner garbage bag liner.  I think next time I'll take some packing tape to run around the top of the paper bag before using the garbage bags.  Belt and suspenders.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

We just used the laundry service for the second time and it was very nice.  Two platinum members in the same cabin can each submit a bag.  I did bring kitchen garbage bags but the first paper bag split top to bottom.  I just left it as is and everything came back fine.  I put the itemized inventory inside the inner garbage bag liner.  I think next time I'll take some packing tape to run around the top of the paper bag before using the garbage bags.  Belt and suspenders.....

If I might ask, roughly how many pieces were you able to put in the bag if you roll them up tightly? On Celebrity or Princess we can usually get 26-30 items at the most, and they provide a cloth bag.

43 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, roughly how many pieces were you able to put in the bag if you roll them up tightly?

I have no idea, but it depends greatly on the size of the piece, which depends on the size of the wearer, which I really don't want to get into.  🤣

I remember the bag splitter having a bunch of socks and underwear, a couple pairs of pants and some shirts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, roughly how many pieces were you able to put in the bag if you roll them up tightly? On Celebrity or Princess we can usually get 26-30 items at the most, and they provide a cloth bag.

Not sure if I had a new bag or an old bag.  My bag included women's small and medium clothes:

10 undergarments

2 pairs of socks

4 shorts

1 jeans

2 pants

8 t-shirts

Could have fit a couple more items

A la Carte, the cost would have been just under $110.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Not sure if I had a new bag or an old bag.  My bag included women's small and medium clothes:

10 undergarments

2 pairs of socks

4 shorts

1 jeans

2 pants

8 t-shirts

Could have fit a couple more items

A la Carte, the cost would have been just under $110.

Thanks! We'll be on a 38-day B2B starting in a few weeks, so just trying to budget accordingly. $500-600 should do it!! 😂

Edited by Ken the cruiser

3 hours ago, dandelpino said:

That's awesome. You'd think they would provide that in the Haven too but they don't.

At least the Haven bag is a big fabric bag.  I'd agree it should be a Haven perk but we got it for Lats Reward.  Think that was only benefit we got for Lats.  Out of pins, no BTS, wine tasting no open spots, no officer meal, etc.

18 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I think next time I'll take some packing tape to run around the top of the paper bag before using the garbage bags.  Belt and suspenders.....

Good idea.  I always bring a bit of duct tape in case we get rough seas and things start going bang in the night.  Clear packing tape would work for both things 🙂

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just realized we have about $700 of nonrefundable OBC on our upcoming 38-day B2B cruise on the Jade. Two questions. Can we use nonrefundable OBC to pay for laundry and will any remaining nonrefundable OBC rollover to the next leg if we don't use it all on the first leg?

No worries. I got on the NCL chat line and answered my questions.

10 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

No worries. I got on the NCL chat line and answered my questions.

I say yes to OBC for laundry payment and a big NO to rollover OBC, it’s applied to specific cruises so perhaps that $700 got split between your cruises in some manner. Educate us Ken!

7 hours ago, vtgumby said:

I say yes to OBC for laundry payment and a big NO to rollover OBC, it’s applied to specific cruises so perhaps that $700 got split between your cruises in some manner. Educate us Ken!

You are correct. The $450 nonrefundable OBC on our first leg ($200 from NCL booking promo and $250 in SHB) can be used to pay for laundry and buy wine. However, since it's "promotional" nonrefundable OBC, it must be used on the applicable booking and cannot be transferred.

Hopefully, although I didn't ask this specific question, we can use any excess OBC before our first leg ends to purchase 4/6/8 bottles from the Viva Vino package option (if still offered) before the 1st leg ends. But then that option might become mute if we are able to purchase a transition day excursion onboard to see the sights of Dubai (which currently is unavailable to prepurchase online). 

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

You are correct. The $450 nonrefundable OBC on our first leg ($200 from NCL booking promo and $250 in SHB) can be used to pay for laundry and buy wine. However, since it's "promotional" nonrefundable OBC, it must be used on the applicable booking and cannot be transferred.

Hopefully, although I didn't ask this specific question, we can use any excess OBC before our first leg ends to purchase 4/6/8 bottles from the Viva Vino package option (if still offered) before the 1st leg ends. But then that option might become mute if we are able to purchase a transition day excursion onboard to see the sights of Dubai (which currently is unavailable to prepurchase online). 

Thanks for informing, good luck with vino, I would think that would be entirely in the parameters. Plus you’re not changing cabins or even if you are you don’t have to go through the NCL two bottles of wine limit at check-in so it sounds like this is shaping up to be a fine adventure, enjoy spending the free money and have a great time Ken!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vtgumby said:

Thanks for informing, good luck with vino, I would think that would be entirely in the parameters. Plus you’re not changing cabins or even if you are you don’t have to go through the NCL two bottles of wine limit at check-in so it sounds like this is shaping up to be a fine adventure, enjoy spending the free money and have a great time Ken!

Thanks! I'll be posting to a "Live From" thread covering this awesome B2B, so I'll let you know "the rest of the story" then. 😀