"LIVE" from Celebrity BEYOND. October 26th, 2022. 9-Night Repositioning. 1st Sailing from the USA.

PinkSandGirl

Having you host the “Live from Beyond” thread on our cruise means I get to go along for the ride. Literally and figuratively since my wife and I will be on board too.
This is like when my brother decided to get enthralled by genealogy. I got the benefits without doing the work since we share the same genetic tree. .

Thank you to say the least   

Edited by mfs2k
  • Haha 3

PinkSandGirl thank you so much for the welcome aboard to follow along with you on the Beyond! 😊 Especially interested in hearing your thoughts on the Sky Suite.....we are considering making a foray into the suite life and that is the suite we would try. 

Like you, we are also lovers of the "S" class and the infinite balcony just wasn't our thing on the Edge although we enjoyed the "E" class of ship overall.  Interested in your thoughts on the Beyond as she looks like a gorgeous ship!  Have a fabulous cruise!!

• Like 1

Hi Kelly,  

I have a weird question for you. Someone just posted on Facebook that something collapsed in the retreat, there is nothing I could find any where else. I'm hoping its not true can you verify for me. We are on3 b2b cruises in December and are hoping nothing will interrupt our adventures. Thanks in advance. 

46 minutes ago, Oldmarbletop said:

Hi Kelly,  

I have a weird question for you. Someone just posted on Facebook that something collapsed in the retreat, there is nothing I could find any where else. I'm hoping its not true can you verify for me. We are on3 b2b cruises in December and are hoping nothing will interrupt our adventures. Thanks in advance. 

Hi!   There were reports of that earlier in the week because the ship hit some rough seas but then someone onboard said that did not happen (a roof collapse in the Retreat).

If you look, there is a thread someone started titled "Beyond TA issues".  

It seems there was some broken glass around one of the Martini hot tubs and wine fridge/broken bottles in the Retreat seems to be what happened.  

I will report what I see once onboard.

🍹

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cocobakerchica said:

Hi Kelly, of course I hit folloiw, even though I'll be on the same cruise😆 See you in line check in line in a couple days(maybe)

Geri

Geri,

Hi!  Yes, it will be fun to meet in line. 😉  I'm sure we will since it's Our Roll @ 11:00am.  😂

🍹

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Having you host the “Live from Beyond” thread on our cruise means I get to go along for the ride. Literally and figuratively since my wife and I will be on board too.
This is like when my brother decided to get enthralled by genealogy. I got the benefits without doing the work since we share the same genetic tree. .

Thank you to say the least   

Hi!   You're Welcome.  😃

I do that too.  Research everything with genealogy and then tell everyone else. 😆     Sometimes I can get sucked into reading Cruise Critic ...well, genealogy is something that once I get on a 'hunt', I can spend a lot of time on it and then the more I find out, the more I have to keep on going.

See you onboard!  

🍹

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, vickykay said:

Thanks Pink for your kind thoughts.  We’re looking forward to our cruise Hawaiian cruise in May and Canada/ New England cruise in Sept.   Enjoy Bermuda - we love it!

That will be nice,  Hawaii.  I've been to Maui and loved it there. 🌺

I do love Bermuda.  My Cruise Critic Name...is a nod to Bermuda. 😉

🍹

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reel Love said:

PinkSandGirl thank you so much for the welcome aboard to follow along with you on the Beyond! 😊 Especially interested in hearing your thoughts on the Sky Suite.....we are considering making a foray into the suite life and that is the suite we would try. 

Like you, we are also lovers of the "S" class and the infinite balcony just wasn't our thing on the Edge although we enjoyed the "E" class of ship overall.  Interested in your thoughts on the Beyond as she looks like a gorgeous ship!  Have a fabulous cruise!!

Thank You!   

I will definitely give my honest opinion on the Sky Suite and The Beyond.  I have a feeling I will enjoy both. 

It's funny because I was never really interested in the Edge or Apex but I find myself very excited about the Beyond. 😂

🍹

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Pink

Thanks for being our trail guide.

Also nervous a bit with Luminae.  We like simple food. We have been happy with AQ BLU  menu  for many yrs and  loved all the mdrs on EDGE.  Our favs on EDGE were the Tuscan and Cyprus mdrs..,  Eden  Cafe ( no upcharge) for lunch and the other Cafe (upcharge..great soups, nice view)  We,d like to try the Raw on 5 for lunch if we can get a res..not possible on EDGE.

For us, its only a 5 day cruise..we won't go hungry.  Let us know if Luminae serves Prime Rib and or Lobster.

Getting excited for you!

I was making myself a little crazy keeping track of the menus and trying to plan specialty around them but realize the menu order may change and then I ended up booking specialty on nights I wasn't aiming for.  😆

I will post pictures of the menus for where we eat.  I will also post Luminae on nights I don't eat there.  I do however see myself going on those nights for dessert since there are some desserts I want to try and they may be on nights I'm at a specialty restaurant.  😉

I don't eat sushi but I enjoyed Sushi on 5 so we plan to go to Raw on 5 for lunch or a 'snack' one day.  

I'd also like to try one of the MDR's.   We'll see how Luminae goes.  😅

One thing we do like is to have the same servers every night.  When we were in Blu, we requested the same table and servers each night.  It was great.  I then feel bad the nights we go to specialty.  Hehe.  The hostess did visit us when we were in Tuscan Grille to say, Hi!    It's little things like that, that all add up to make a cruise even more memorable.  🥰

I have Eden Cafe on my list of places to try.  

So much to do.  I'm going to need more days onboard!   😅

🍹

• Like 2

Some more pre-cruise tidbits.

> When were we able to check-in online?

45 days exactly, before the cruise.  It was midnight EST. (It used to be 90 days.  I still checked daily from the 90 day mark onward)

> How did I check-in?

I used the app.  I find it easy and user friendly (especially coming from Celebrity).   It seemed to go much quicker from when I did it last year.  It seems more streamlined.   You need your Valid Passport, a credit card for your SeaPass and you have to upload a picture.  If you use your phone/the app, it makes it easy to snap a picture.   You can also do this online.  You have to enter all of your information and a quick "health" survey at the same time (that you can not go back and change/edit - the health questions).  This is when you choose your boarding time. The earliest time for this Sailing was 11:00am.  That's what I have and it seems most of Our Roll Call too. 😉  You then have your XPRESS Pass!

> Does everyone in your travel party have to individually check in?

Yes. If your reservation is linked to anyone else, they will also show up in your account information but everyone has to check in individually. 

> What's the XPRESS Pass?

It's what you need to board.  I print out paper copies, take a screenshot on my phone and also have the app ready to go with it.  I'm covered.  😉

🍹

• Like 1

I have to get back to my lists of lists.  😅

I'll come back on later after I do some 'work' aka packing.  I'm going to get my toiletries together.  I already started setting things aside and making sure I ordered things I need.  They alone take up a huge part of my weight limit.  💄🪞🩹 

I will use my Cruise Packing Checklist that I created years ago and have added to/it's evolved.  I print copies for everyone who travels with me so they can make sure they have everything. 

I have to go to the store tomorrow to get a few items but I'm pretty much set...it's just getting it all packed.   I'll post some pictures later.  📸 

🍹

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Very engaging right from the beginning!  I see Eden Cafe is on your list, if you didn't already know, the Eden Cafe Cookies and Brownies are amazing.  They are probably only available during lunch time on seadays.  Have a great sailing

I've heard about them...  actually I've read you mention them before.  I will be sure to try them and give a report. 😉 🍪

Thank You! 😃

🍹

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tomjn111 said:

I am on the Beyond 11/13 so I am really interested to hear about your experiences. Thanks for doing this

You're Welcome.  Anything you want to know, just ask.  Enjoy your sailing!  😃

🍹

I may be organized and everything comes together but there is a time in the middle of all of that where it looks a little scary.  It's that time right now. 😂   I like things to be in order and straightened out so when things get to look like this...oh boy.  😆

I need to see everything and then as I pack things, I check them off of my Cruise Packing Checklist. ✔️

I pack things in the order I get ready/groups.  

This isn't even a 1/4 of the toiletries.  😉

I take small travel size versions of the products I use and/or put things in travel size bottles and containers, when possible.  That's what I'm doing now.

TIP:  Use ziploc bags to help organize and they also help protect things if there is a leak.  I tape the lids on certain things and then bring a roll of scotch tape to re-tape for the trip home. 

This is a scary picture. 😆  I am sharing it so you can see this is a real and accurate report.  😉

Ok, time to get this all sorted out, organized and packed! 

🍹

20221023_000238.thumb.jpg.ee0cf4b00decd284e8059f212f67028e.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I may be organized and everything comes together but there is a time in the middle of all of that where it looks a little scary.  It's that time right now. 😂   I like things to be in order and straightened out so when things get to look like this...oh boy.  😆

I need to see everything and then as I pack things, I check them off of my Cruise Packing Checklist. ✔️

I pack things in the order I get ready/groups.  

This isn't even a 1/4 of the toiletries.  😉

I take small travel size versions of the products I use and/or put things in travel size bottles and containers, when possible.  That's what I'm doing now.

TIP:  Use ziploc bags to help organize and they also help protect things if there is a leak.  I tape the lids on certain things and then bring a roll of scotch tape to re-tape for the trip home. 

This is a scary picture. 😆  I am sharing it so you can see this is a real and accurate report.  😉

Ok, time to get this all sorted out, organized and packed! 

🍹

20221023_000238.thumb.jpg.ee0cf4b00decd284e8059f212f67028e.jpg

EEK! 

We are packing for our seasonal stay in Florida and the cruise at the sane time...gets a bit out of hand but we will " make it fit" .Our roll call is planning a  sailaway at the Sunset Bar   AND  a Gatsby cocktail party at EDEN on chic nite...more to pack! We will be meeting the well known blogger,  Gen X ( Charla) for the first time.

we  head south😎 shortly after Halloween! 

Looking forward to your posts ..but hope you take time to enjoy..I suspect you will!

• Like 3

Thanks for posting!

We will be sailing on Beyond B2B this February, part of our 47 day 3 ship winter get away. Two S class ships and this E class. Have sailed Edged and Apex and enjoyed the Sky Suite but with 47 days at sea no way cost wise for suites! 

Will be interested to hear of the service and specialty dining. The TA has been a bit of a challenge from reading the post. Our TA will be on the three night sailing before you board so I sent questions for her to ask, but hearing the experience from someone on board will be better! 

Safe sails and have a great time! 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

EEK! 

We are packing for our seasonal stay in Florida and the cruise at the sane time...gets a bit out of hand but we will " make it fit" .Our roll call is planning a  sailaway at the Sunset Bar   AND  a Gatsby cocktail party at EDEN on chic nite...more to pack! We will be meeting the well known blogger,  Gen X ( Charla) for the first time.

we  head south😎 shortly after Halloween! 

Looking forward to your posts ..but hope you take time to enjoy..I suspect you will!

Have fun packing!   I was up until 5:00am but I did get a lot accomplished.   I have to now go through everything again and see what I can take out.  I did that last night, but I need to do it again.  I like to be prepared but that sometimes leads to packing more than I need.  😉  I have everything in the suitcases but I have to distribute everything accordingly and also pack efficiently, like rolling things.   

We have a Pre-Sailaway Meet and Mingle at the Sunset Bar.   I love the look of the new design.  I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.  

The Gatsby theme sounds fun!   Gen X (Charla), I'm sure she'll post a review like she usually does.  She does a good job. 

Thank You!   Yes, I plan to enjoy the cruise.  😃

🍹

• Like 1

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

Thanks for posting!

We will be sailing on Beyond B2B this February, part of our 47 day 3 ship winter get away. Two S class ships and this E class. Have sailed Edged and Apex and enjoyed the Sky Suite but with 47 days at sea no way cost wise for suites! 

Will be interested to hear of the service and specialty dining. The TA has been a bit of a challenge from reading the post. Our TA will be on the three night sailing before you board so I sent questions for her to ask, but hearing the experience from someone on board will be better! 

Safe sails and have a great time! 

Cheers! 

47 days at sea sounds fun!  I would need a cabin just for my luggage.  Hehe.  

I have read some reports as well about the Transatlantic.  I was a bit concerned when I read them but then also thought,  I'll wait to see for myself.  I do hope and expect great service, something I've always had with Celebrity.   I'll give an honest review.  

We have two Specialty Restaurants booked as of now.  I will post about them before we go and then also when we dine there.  😃

🍹

• Like 1

Kelly - looking at Cruise Ship Tracker - it looks like BEYOND is already in Cape Liberty - probably just moving SLOWLY to enter the dock early tomorrow morning - also if signed up for Halloween get together on your spreadsheet - was there a time for that - or was it deleted or not yet posted.

Thanks for all your efforts 🙂

• Like 1