What happened to shore excursion reviews?

wesport

4 hours ago, SueMo said:

I prefer to use private tours or go out on my own at most ports.  But with the "Have it all" promotions, you're kind of forced into choosing two of the ship's excursions or losing the $$.  Sometimes it's hard to find two I want to go on!  I don't want a coach bus, so I look for an "active" excursion such as bike riding or hiking to avoid large groups.  

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We have a similar situation on our next HAL cruise.  The credit towards excursions does cause us some grief and we are going to have a problem using that money.  It is a very rare day when we book any HAL excursion, so we will need to take a long look at the options.  

Hank

We are feeling the same way about using our $300 pp excursion credits.  I really don't want to be in close contact to people, crowded together on buses, etc.  On the other hand hikes in the jungles of the Amazon don't sound like a lot of fun to me.  I'd rather have that money applied toward crew appreciation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfanderso said:

They posted the positive review but not the negative review. 

I reviewed 3 tours after our cruise in February.  How can I see if they were published?  A good, an average and a bad.  Anyone have a link?  I tried searching the HAL site.

1 minute ago, 0106 said:

I reviewed 3 tours after our cruise in February.  How can I see if they were published?  A good, an average and a bad.  Anyone have a link?  I tried searching the HAL site.

I need to correct my earlier post.  They did post my negative review.  At the time I submitted the reviews, they just emailed me and told me my review was posted.  I just now went to the Holland America website and searched excursions and both my reviews were there.  I was interested to see that the negative review I submitted, had many other negative reviews.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/shore-excursions.html

4 hours ago, mfanderso said:

I was asked to submit reviews for my 2 tours I took in August.  One was a positive review and the other was negative.  They posted the positive review but not the negative review.  I am not sure how good the reviews are that are posted on their website after this.

Same happened with 2 reviews I wrote years ago for Carnival excursions on the same cruise. The glowing one was accepted; the extremely negative one "did not meet their standards".

3 hours ago, mfanderso said:

I need to correct my earlier post.  They did post my negative review.  At the time I submitted the reviews, they just emailed me and told me my review was posted.  I just now went to the Holland America website and searched excursions and both my reviews were there.  I was interested to see that the negative review I submitted, had many other negative reviews.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/shore-excursions.html

The link worked great for my ports. Thanks 

• Like 1