Indian Menu - Standard or by request?

LMaxwell

43 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Came across this excellent looking Indian menu   https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Indian-Menu-2021.pdf

Is this standard / available nightly, or only on special request? 

You should be able to request to see this menu on the appropriate cruise day.  My apologies.  This is the version that I failed to post:  Indian Vegetarian Menu 7-Day

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1

Clay Clayton, who cruised recently, implied that you needed to order  the Indian meal the night before. Or perhaps I read it wrong. He reported in his live thread that the food was delicious.

We are looking forward to these meals. Thanks for posting.

Edited by Dunmore2

1 hour ago, Dunmore2 said:

Clay Clayton, who cruised recently, implied that you needed to order  the Indian meal the night before. Or perhaps I read it wrong. He reported in his live thread that the food was delicious.

We are looking forward to these meals. Thanks for posting.

That sounds like what I have read regarding a special 'vegetarian' menu they have, where apparently, you have to ask for the menu the evening before and select what you want for the next night. I was not aware of that but we are going to try it on our next cruise as our preference is vegetarian (which coincidentally often ends up being Indian)

22 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

That sounds like what I have read regarding a special 'vegetarian' menu they have, where apparently, you have to ask for the menu the evening before and select what you want for the next night. I was not aware of that but we are going to try it on our next cruise as our preference is vegetarian (which coincidentally often ends up being Indian)

I have a garlic allergy. Every evening in the MDR our waiter gave me a sheet of paper with nongarlic items. I checked them off sometimes right at the table. If we dined elsewhere,  we had a menu in our cabin box. I'm sure vegan or vegetarian menus are available for you. 

• Like 1

While on the Statendam for an 18 day Viking Passage cruise I chose my dinner from the Vegetarian /Vegan menu in the MDR each evening, no need to order it the previous evening.  The vegan food was tasty but being on the ship for 18 days it began to get boring.  I will definitely check out the Indian menu for our next B2B cruise in January. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dunmore2 said:

On Clay Clayton’s thread I asked him today about ordering ahead of time, he said yes, it’s necessary and he included a vegetarian menu, which is  very different than the Indian menu.

Two different menus.

On 10/25/2022 at 11:07 AM, Seasick Sailor said:

I have a garlic allergy. Every evening in the MDR our waiter gave me a sheet of paper with nongarlic items. I checked them off sometimes right at the table. If we dined elsewhere,  we had a menu in our cabin box. I'm sure vegan or vegetarian menus are available for you. 

I have a peanut allergy. On the first night in MDR, the restaurant manager asked if I 

liked the waiters and table. I said yes. He suggested that my stepfather and I have 

the same table every night. I was given the dinner menu 24 hours ahead and I 

chose what I wanted. If we ate at a specialty restaurant, the wait staff knew about 

my allergy. I had given our waiters in MDR the dates we would eat at a specialty restaurant.  I was glad not to have to worry.  In the Lido at breakfast and lunch, 

there were notes if something had nuts in it.

• Like 2