Joy cabin info 10900. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cruise5life

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

angled balconies are some of the most coveted rooms on the ship. 

image.png.0d306360c3358b7bc860253818821d80.png

Can you please explain a little more.  ???   And why.    It looks like it’s smaller than the others.  
Thanks.  

Edited by Cruise5life

Compared to room 10898 it looks a smidge smaller, but compared to 10902 it's a smidge bigger. The photo below is 14136, which doesn't even show up as an angled balcony on the deck plans - but it is. Where it angles out a bit you have more room than if it was straight across. 

image.png.4f527068c88a4eb2a778f6f15faf0a34.png

For your room, I colored in where the actual balcony is compared to your neighbor. So your neighbor in a regular room has a rectangle, whereas your balcony will be more trapezoid shaped. So you get a smidge extra room on that bump out.

image.png.50ffc31d1de5aad76a0f8d70869b5944.png

17 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Compared to room 10898 it looks a smidge smaller, but compared to 10902 it's a smidge bigger. The photo below is 14136, which doesn't even show up as an angled balcony on the deck plans - but it is. Where it angles out a bit you have more room than if it was straight across. 

image.png.4f527068c88a4eb2a778f6f15faf0a34.png

For your room, I colored in where the actual balcony is compared to your neighbor. So your neighbor in a regular room has a rectangle, whereas your balcony will be more trapezoid shaped. So you get a smidge extra room on that bump out.

image.png.50ffc31d1de5aad76a0f8d70869b5944.png

Huh.  Ok.  This makes sense.  Thank you.   I was thinking the white area was the balcony.       
sure wish I could see a pic of it.     
thanks again for the help I’ll make sure to get pics and post for someone else in the future.   
im go8ng to be in the room for 15 days in Panama so don’t want a bad view.   

3DFC443B-124F-402F-8621-AD5D7B11109A.jpeg

Edited by Cruise5life

22 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

thanks again for the help I’ll make sure to get pics and post for someone else in the future.

We're looking forward to your photos. 👍 

There have been some errors found on the Joy deck plan with regards to angled balconies....

...so it is possible that 10898 is the angled one. 

At this point, I'm not sure so any 1st hand info that you can provide would be very much appreciated. 

20 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

There have been some errors found on the Joy deck plan with regards to angled balconies....

At this point, I'm not sure so any 1st hand info that you can provide would be very much appreciated. 

I’ll for sure post up      I’m doing 29 days on three cruises.  NCl,msc,RC.    So I’ll have nothing but time to post. Lolol.  

I’ve submitted a bid for a club balcony suite.   Min bid though.   
now I wonder if I should cancel it.     

9 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

This is true just got off the Joy 10922 and thought I was getting an angled but 10920 was the angled one!  I was bummed as 10920 was empty and I could have easily booked that one...

I’ve also noticed that it says it’s a PrivaSea room.   
I really like to spend a lot of time on my balcony.  
and the last thing I want is a solid wall instead of glass.   
ugh.    Sure would like to find an actual pic of this room.    

7 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

I’ve also noticed that it says it’s a PrivaSea room.   
I really like to spend a lot of time on my balcony.  
and the last thing I want is a solid wall instead of glass.   
ugh.    Sure would like to find an actual pic of this room.    

The PrivaSea symbol is in many places where the symbol doesn't belong. Your balcony will be fine. The question now is whether or not it is standard size or angled (larger).

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The PrivaSea symbol is in many places where the symbol doesn't belong. Your balcony will be fine. The question now is whether or not it is standard size or angled (larger).

From what it sounds like after reading a lot of posts on here and google it’s a crap shoot on what is actually true or false without seeing an actual picture of the balcony.   

personly I don’t want solid wall on my balcony for 15 days cruising Panama.  I eat breakfast out there a lot and get away from the hustle and bustle during the day and listen to my music from time to time.   
Guess that’s the chances we take I guess picking a GTY balcony.    

12 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Hi.

I've been away from the boards for a month or so and wasn't aware of the errors on the deck plans on the Joy, which I am sailing in July.

I have a Cat. BF booked and booked cabin 8748.

Do you think I should change the cabin? Even for noise reasons?
My dh and I usually sail in the Haven but we had a FCC to use from Covid and tried to just

add this cruise in with our other trips next year and booked a balcony.

I thought it would be fun to be on Deck 8 and just walk to our cabin in the evening.

We are in our mid/upper 50s but enjoy drinking, dancing and hanging out on the cruises.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Honestly, I don't know. Without photos/video from people who actually had an angled balcony on Joy, It's difficult to know where the errors are on the deck plan. 

Thank you.

These are port side views of the Joy - mostly of the mid/aft section ... feel free to zoom in yourself for a closer look. There are no PrivaSea balconies anywhere, not from what I see (I stand corrected, please help & point it out if you can - find and pinpoint them)  Sorry, don't have a closeup of starboard side - we stayed previously both on Deck 10 and more recently Deck 15, close to the elevators and locations are fine, as far as we are concerned.

Relax, go with the flow and enjoy the cruise ... the cabin is only yours to enjoy for x number of nights anyway.  Explore the rest of the ship, plenty of places to stretch out, i.e. Observation Lounge.  It is a GTY balcony assignment 🤔

PXL_20220512_143735520.jpg

PXL_20220512_144339544.MP.jpg

PXL_20220512_144342642.MP.jpg

PXL_20220512_144424917.MP.jpg

57 minutes ago, js said:

Hi.

I've been away from the boards for a month or so and wasn't aware of the errors on the deck plans on the Joy, which I am sailing in July.

I have a Cat. BF booked and booked cabin 8748.

Do you think I should change the cabin? Even for noise reasons?
My dh and I usually sail in the Haven but we had a FCC to use from Covid and tried to just

add this cruise in with our other trips next year and booked a balcony.

I thought it would be fun to be on Deck 8 and just walk to our cabin in the evening.

We are in our mid/upper 50s but enjoy drinking, dancing and hanging out on the cruises.

Thank you.

This thread talks about Joy 8148 (same position a your 8748) and other cabins in that area. 

Odds are good that your 8478 has a large balcony for the cost of a BF.   

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

This thread talks about Joy 8148 (same position a your 8748) and other cabins in that area. 

Odds are good that your 8478 has a large balcony for the cost of a BF.   

Yes, thank you. I just went on that thread to ask if the person can update me on her sailing and balcony. Thank you for the link.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

The photo below is 14136, which doesn't even show up as an angled balcony on the deck plans - but it is.

Sailing12Away, just wanted to let you know that you're my hero for this comment. I was in the process of upgrading to Haven on Joy when I saw it and because I came across your comment, I managed to snag 14136. It seems the angled balcony secret is still fairly well kept because it was one of 4 HIs left, but lucky for me! 

8 hours ago, mking8288 said:

These are port side views of the Joy - mostly of the mid/aft section ... feel free to zoom in yourself for a closer look. There are no PrivaSea balconies anywhere, not from what I see (I stand corrected, please help & point it out if you can - find and pinpoint them)  Sorry, don't have a closeup of starboard side - we stayed previously both on Deck 10 and more recently Deck 15, close to the elevators and locations are fine, as far as we are concerned.

Relax, go with the flow and enjoy the cruise ... the cabin is only yours to enjoy for x number of nights anyway.  Explore the rest of the ship, plenty of places to stretch out, i.e. Observation Lounge.  It is a GTY balcony assignment 🤔

PXL_20220512_143735520.jpg

PXL_20220512_144339544.MP.jpg

PXL_20220512_144342642.MP.jpg

PXL_20220512_144424917.MP.jpg

Thanks for the idea of looking at pictures.    I’ve went back to my alaska trip on the Joy and had closer more defined pictures of her.  
and it does seem that all the angled cabins do not have privasea walls.    

and in regards to being relaxed and going with the flow.     
that is my mindset on every cruise.  
But I do like to enjoy my balcony time and wouldn’t like to have a restricted view on my 15 days Panama cruise from LA to Mia.
was trying to decide  if I wanted to bid for an upgrade.   
I totally understand it’s a GTY and a rap shoot.   But there’s still options. 
that’s why I was asking.     

I do spent a lot of time on my balcony.  
location isn’t that big of a deal to me.
I don’t spend time in the bars as I don’t drink 

I’m an early riser that likes to relax on the balcony I bring camera gear and like to use the balcony for many different situations.   

I’ve been on the joy b4 and very familiar with the ship.    

but again. Thank you for the idea of looking at pictures.    That helped 

Edited by Cruise5life

1 hour ago, bundtkate said:

Sailing12Away, just wanted to let you know that you're my hero for this comment. I was in the process of upgrading to Haven on Joy when I saw it and because I came across your comment, I managed to snag 14136. It seems the angled balcony secret is still fairly well kept because it was one of 4 HIs left, but lucky for me! 

No problem, but I will warn you... it's a long (ish) walk from the elevator. My friend was staying in that room, we were in 15140 so just visiting him for the day to compare rooms. Very quiet though as it's the last room in the hallway with just a crew access door at the very end.

Room is very large, he loved the views of the crew navigation area that sticks out on the side a bit. But the balcony was a nice size, large enough for the one lounger and the 2 chairs on the angled part for morning coffee.

4 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I will warn you... it's a long (ish) walk from the elevator.

Thanks for the warning! We actually moved from an aft balcony so were already prepared for a walk anyway. I also just signed in to NCL and it looks like they actually put us in 14736. Probably they misheard the number I asked for, but that's same spot on other side of the ship, so I'd hazard it's essentially the same room and not worth fussing over. Definitely far regardless, but we're still young and it's amazing the difficulties one can tolerate with a drink in their hand. 😉