The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday October 27th, 2022

richwmn

14 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Thanks for the Fleet Report. On tour bus headed for a National park which France’s version of Grand Canyon. I spent 1 year in Danang on my first tour in Nam.

Enjoy the day.

Which ship are you on, Chief?  Is it by any chance an Emerald cruise?  I ask because the day you posted you were in Avignon, an Irish cousin of Pat's sent a picture of himself in Avignon, and he was wearing a lanyard with key card saying Emerald.  I wondered if Noel were with you in France...  

• Like 5

Miss Camilla is so, so adorable. She must be about the same age as my youngest great niece who was 16 months old on Oct. 12th.

Happy birthday @grapau27.

Prayers to all with medical or other problems - dailyites and their families and friends.

Joy to all those with something to celebrate.

Welcome to all new posters

I’m so glad this group exists.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good evening everyone from a blustery Pacific Northwest, 

@grapau27Happy Birthday!

DH update - did his care conference today and he's making progress but it's slow. Today he was up in the wheelchair for close to 6 hours so that was very good. He did the arm machine and had no problem doing 15 minutes at a good pace. It's just going to take some time to rebuild his strength. @rafinmd you can take him off the list or move him to the rotation. Thank you so much! 

Tomorrow is the Celebration of Life for my teaching partner Wayne and I have my speech/eulogy ready. His wife, Karen, has 4 of us speaking so my topic is his days at school. Our school colors were red and white so I'm thinking of wearing something with red in it. 

Thanks for all the good thoughts for DH. 

Karen

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

I think the computer and I are at odds today.  What i thought i had sent, seems to have sent twice  Who knows.  I do know I am no closer to getting job 2 with favorite boss, he was reminded in a meeting that I am still under contract for 20 hours a week with Asheville.  But only 20 hours wont pay the bills or for vacations.  I need 35-40.  Addictions to cruises is a very expensive addiction.

Penny came by tonight, her husband is going nuts with the meds, pain and life restrictions while he is under chemo and the proton radiation.  He cancelled his appointments today, she was at wits end, and needed a shoulder to cry on.  I was still trying to work, DH listened,  but until Jesse gets a handle on this, he is just hard to handle.  She needed a break, and I so get it! 

I read all the posts, but probably too fast, I love you all, I need to go get some sleep, I'm a bit depressed that I dont have that job to go to, I know something will come up, but I hate the unknown, and when I get depressed, I sleep. 

814c36f81e884106b9231fbd6eaffe79.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Which ship are you on, Chief?  Is it by any chance an Emerald cruise?  I ask because the day you posted you were in Avignon, an Irish cousin of Pat's sent a picture of himself in Avignon, and he was wearing a lanyard with key card saying Emerald.  I wondered if Noel were with you in France...  

We are on Scenic Luxury Line. Our boat is Scenic Sapphire. Overnight we have been sailing North on the Rhône back to Lyon. We will overnight two nights and disembark Sunday and start our flight back on Monday. This has been a wonderful experience.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good evening everyone from a blustery Pacific Northwest, 

@grapau27Happy Birthday!

DH update - did his care conference today and he's making progress but it's slow. Today he was up in the wheelchair for close to 6 hours so that was very good. He did the arm machine and had no problem doing 15 minutes at a good pace. It's just going to take some time to rebuild his strength. @rafinmd you can take him off the list or move him to the rotation. Thank you so much! 

Tomorrow is the Celebration of Life for my teaching partner Wayne and I have my speech/eulogy ready. His wife, Karen, has 4 of us speaking so my topic is his days at school. Our school colors were red and white so I'm thinking of wearing something with red in it. 

Thanks for all the good thoughts for DH. 

Karen

Thank you Karen.

Good to hear your husband is recovering.

Graham.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, srdancer said:

Miss Camilla is so, so adorable. She must be about the same age as my youngest great niece who was 16 months old on Oct. 12th.

Prayers to all with medical or other problems - dailyites and their families and friends.

Thank you.

Graham.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, srdancer said:

Yes, Camilla  is 16 months old now and running!

• Like 8
  • Haha 2