liquor bottle purchase

seagoer1973

I pre purchased a bottle of crown royal for our upcoming cruise so we can pour a drink on balcony and son will bring mixer. Are the bottles waiting in your room when you board "like carnival " or do you have to go pick them up? Also, can you order another while onboard or should we just order 2 pre cruise as it looks like they are only pints and we have always purchased liters from carnival in the past? Thanks

Edited by seagoer1973

typically the room attendant will deliver your pre purchase after you arrive. I would like to see you order two pre cruise, as they are 375's and might not be in supply after you board. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, c-boy said:

typically the room attendant will deliver your pre purchase after you arrive. I would like to see you order two pre cruise, as they are 375's and might not be in supply after you board. 

Not correct. Need to call room service for this

3 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I get an error because I have no cruise booked. I thought previously had had pulled up a menu to check prices

@Skynight I am interested in this because I am considering not having Plus.

Its under wine and spirits…onboard reservations.

What do you need a price on!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I get an error because I have no cruise booked. I thought previously had had pulled up a menu to check prices

@Skynight I am interested in this because I am considering not having Plus.

Jim Beam
375ml Bourbon
$17.70
Quantity  0 12345678910

Add to Cart
Spirits Crown Royal $23.60
Crown Royal
375ml Bourbon
$23.60
Quantity  0 12345678910

Add to Cart
Spirits Jack Daniel's $28.32
Jack Daniel's
375ml Bourbon
$28.32
Quantity  0 12345678910

Add to Cart
Spirits Cutty Sark $17.70
Cutty Sark
350ml Scotch
$17.70
Quantity  0 12345678910

Add to Cart
Spirits Johnnie Walker Red Label $25.96
Johnnie Walker Red Label
375ml Scotch
$25.96
Quantity  0 12345678910

Add to Cart
Spirits Skyy $17.70
Skyy
375ml Vodka
$17.70
Quantity  0 12345678910

Add to Cart
Spirits Absolut $21.24
Absolut
375ml Vodka
$21.24
Quantity  0 12345678910

Add to Cart
Spirits Bacardi White $17.70
Bacardi White
375ml Rum
$17.70
Quantity  0 12345678910

Add to Cart
Spirits Cruzan Coconut $17.70
Cruzan Coconut
375ml Rum
$17.70
Quantity  0 12345678910

Add to Cart
Spirits Gordon's $17.70
Gordon's
375ml Gin
$17.70
Quantity  0 12345678910

Add to Cart
Spirits Bombay Sapphire $23.60
Bombay Sapphire
375ml Gin
$23.60
Quantity  0 12345678910

Add to Cart
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thanks for the list of prices. I was looking for Johnny Walker Red. So just curious, does this only show if you have a booking to order against?

Edited by Tedferg

57 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

The wine and spirits tab is gone for me.  On all my bookings.  Wonder if it has anything to do with the announcement Carnival made about carnival cruises yesterday about no longer selling bottles to take to your room?  

35 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks for the list of prices. I was looking for Johnny Walker Red. So just curious, does this only show if you have a booking to order against?

I believe so. $25.96

Edited by PacnGoNow

5 minutes ago, justafem said:

The wine and spirits tab is gone for me.  On all my bookings.  Wonder if it has anything to do with the announcement Carnival made about carnival cruises yesterday about no longer selling bottles to take to your room?  

I hope not!  I just pulled them up and pasted it for the poster.  So, mine are in there. 

6 minutes ago, justafem said:

Do you see the wine prices?

It's unfortunate that the only Scotch offered is "mixing" Scotch. The pricing seem so high compared to US store prices but is pretty much in line with Canadian store pricing. I remember a guy working in a store in Canada telling me he loved the US because it was basically a "half price liquor" country. (This didn't stop us from purchasing what was probably way too much liquor in Canada during our 7 week camping trip from Northern California to Fairbanks and back in 2917.)

2 hours ago, toofewcruises said:

Not correct. Need to call room service for this

Don't you come on here and tell me I'm wrong!  I was cruising long before you got out of diapers. We don't need some young whipper snapper newbie setting things straight round here. There will be a time when you bend over to tie you shoe, groaning and wincing while trying to straighten up, or need to use a magnifier while wearing glasses to read 72 size font then, and only then can you have the sought after wisdom that comes when in your sixties and fades by the time your seventy 🤣

Edited by c-boy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

It's unfortunate that the only Scotch offered is "mixing" Scotch. The pricing seem so high compared to US store prices but is pretty much in line with Canadian store pricing. I remember a guy working in a store in Canada telling me he loved the US because it was basically a "half price liquor" country. (This didn't stop us from purchasing what was probably way too much liquor in Canada during our 7 week camping trip from Northern California to Fairbanks and back in 2917.)

The price is roughly 2x retail price in the US…not bad considering what they charge in the bars.  You can not expect them to sell you the liquor at retail price, alcohol is a profit center for cruise lines. 

• Like 1

We just got off the Ruby and we pre-ordered 7 12 packs of water, 4 six packs of soft drinks (brought 2 twelve packs onboard), 3 bottles of whiskey and 3 of vodka.  Previous cruises we would find cards on the desk for each item purchased.  Not this time.  When we boarded 4 of the 7 packs of water had been delivered with a card for each one we received, but no cards for items still not received. 

Thankfully I had printed out in advance a list of items purchased prior to boarding.  

when I called room service I was told we could only have two bottles of the liquor at a time due to “safety reasons”.  Had to laugh at that as the plus package  allows you 15 alcohol drinks a day, Lol.  So I had to keep track of what I received and what I had not.  One of the bottles of whiskey I pre-ordered was crown Royal, was told onboard they were out.  Was given the option of a refund or replace with Jim Beam.  When I asked would my onboard account be refunded or my credit card directly room service didn’t seem to know how the refund would work.  For the sake of my stress level I went with the Jim Beam instead of trying to track down a refund.  

I was glad I pre-ordered as I never could find a way to order the small 375 bottles once on board.  With the two bottles of wine we brought onboard, the bottle gifted to us from our TA we ended up bringing two of the liquor bottles home.  

On 10/27/2022 at 3:18 PM, justafem said:

I just booked a couple of bottles an hour ago for our cruise next April.

On 10/27/2022 at 11:50 AM, Tedferg said:

$25.96 for a 375ml bottle of Red Label?!

I paid less than that for a 1.75L bottle at Costco the other day. 😁