Soltice was Dry Docked October 2021 ,what do you think ?

mcrcruiser

We have been on the Solstice several times.  We were actually on her in March 2020 on the first leg of what had been planned to be a B2B2B2B when the pandemic started.  We flew out of Sydney on March 20th which was the date Australian Border Force closed the border.

In any event, we spent two weeks on the Solstice in June 2022 and another 15 nights in September 2022.  The ship looks the same.  The color scheme is dated but the ship is clean.

Celebrity Solstice had a regular dry dock for Maintenance and some Soft Good  replacement.

She has not gone through the Revolution and  has the Original Michael's Club with Dark wood, No Retreat Sun Deck,  Still has the Basketball court and still has the original White Hull Paint pastern. 

@Northern Aurora had a number of posts on their recent cruise and reported back very positive observations on the condition of the ship.  

When we left the Solstice in Australia in March 2020 we had a Zenith lunch with the hotel director and several other stripes.  At that point it was clear that we were in the start of a pandemic and countries were starting to close.  While we knew that the global suspension of cruising was going to be implemented no one knew how long.  The hotel director, who is one of my favorite hotel directors, discussed his plans for the time while they would be sailing passenger free.  For example, he had arranged for carpet to be delivered; some areas of the ship were to be re-carpeted.  They were going to go through every stateroom and check for needed repairs.  With no passengers onboard furniture was going to be shifted to sides of carpeted rooms and carpets thoroughly cleaned.  Upholstered furniture was to be steam cleaned.  His list was extensive.  When I stepped on board in last June my first thought was that he had worked through his list.  

We were B2B in June on the Solstice.  In September we were also B2B but had to switch staterooms.  So we were in three different staterooms -- all Suites.  While the color scheme is certainly dated the suites were in good shape.  And remember that some folks absolutely hate the new color scheme which is being introduced.  Luminae looks just like I remember from prior cruises.  The Michael's Club has the traditional decor.  The Sky Lounge looks great.  Those who nit-pick can find something but we found the staff/crew to upbeat and happy.

Just off a back to back and found the ship to be in very good shape for no major refurbishment.  Yes there things that look more dated (colors), but overall well take care of and amazing staff.  A few glass windows with moisture leaks, but nothing that effects your time on her.  Only thing that was in very poor shape was the balcony furniture and the tremendous amount of rust and lack of maintenance of the deck 12 overhang.  The overhang is beyond bad and need major attention, but didn't effect our vacation at all 

4 hours ago, ajconova said:

Solstice hull is blue 😉

Thanks -   I just saw that myself on someone ending a cruise this morning.   I was coming back on to give my Mia Coppa

The Hull is Defined Blue and I'm pink with embarrassment.   LOL