forced disembarkation

bendite

For awhile B2B cruisers who tested positive were not allowed to stay on for the 2nd sailing if they tested positive.  A lot depends on when, as procedures have changed during the past year and where as different places have different rules.

• Like 1

Not forced, but a friend on a SB Millennium cruise came down with covid and had the option of disembarking at the next port, which was Ketchikan, and quarantining there for 5 days OR continuing the cruise til it ended in Vancouver and quarantining there for 10 days. A forced choice in effect.

She chose Ketchikan, and since her flights were booked via Choice Air, they arranged her flights home from there at the 5 day mark. The hotel Celebrity sent her to was pretty dodgy, but she was able to move to another after one miserable night.

• Like 1

I know you are asking about Covid but there are other medical issues that can cause forced disembarkation because of lack of needed medical services on board.  On our last TA a couple had to leave in the Azores because the husband suffered a mild stroke.  He was in what appeared to be very good health at boarding so this was very unexpected.  Traveling always carries some risk even without Covid.

My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is the OP is asking something like “if we get Covid while sailing, will we be kicked off, stranded in another country and forced to book expensive last minute airfare home?”

Ive never heard of anyone getting kicked off due to Covid, you quarantine on the ship and in some cases and stay on for another sailing but idk the current rules

I believe there were some forced disembarkations at the beginning if the restart. But that changed to quarantine on board for the required period and cancellation of a subsequent B2B leg. Now I don't think they even cancel the B2Bs. 

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is the OP is asking something like “if we get Covid while sailing, will we be kicked off, stranded in another country and forced to book expensive last minute airfare home?”

Ive never heard of anyone getting kicked off due to Covid, you quarantine on the ship and in some cases and stay on for another sailing but idk the current rules

It was required by a number of countries in Europe that passengers with COVID be disembarked and quarantine on land if they tested positive for Covid during a cruise. There was a thread on the Royal Caribbean board by one family with young kids disembarked mid-cruise and stuck in a hotel for quite some time. Regulations are changing quickly now.  I'd look into each destination country if I were the OP and had concerns.

• Thanks 1