Pontoon Lagoon cruise - Port Canaveral, December

Never done the excursion and have no idea what it involves.  However as far as weather goes in late December it could be great.  Or it could be fairly cool.  Living in Central Fl (a bit more than 1 hour from Port Canaveral) for 8 years, and a frequent visitor for 20+ years before that, December is a time of great variability.  Could be shorts weather.  Could be winter coat weather.  Check port canaveral on the weather page and take a look at the historic high's and low's.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

NOTE: For many native Floridians this means anything below 70. 🤣

A long time ago, we were over by the Gulf of Mexico in January. It was sunny and 65 and I was in shorts and tshirt. Everybody else was bundled up in coats and gloves. It was pretty funny. 

3 hours ago, takemeaway2008 said:

A long time ago, we were over by the Gulf of Mexico in January. It was sunny and 65 and I was in shorts and tshirt. Everybody else was bundled up in coats and gloves. It was pretty funny. 

My son and family live in Ann Arbor.  In early Spring if the weather gets over 40 degrees, the shorts and flip-flops come out.  They are soooooo sick of cold weather by then.

• Haha 1

While cruising was shut down we went to Florida in January 2021 and stayed in Cape Canaveral (and the ship we were supposed to take was there....).  Decided on Wildside Tours out of Cocoa Beach.  This is likely the operator for your possible tour.  Saw lots of manatee and dolphins.  Chilly, but we still went swimming in the ocean and in the hotel pool.  Some days were windy and cool (light jacket), others were mid-70s.  Hot (80) on day we took the tour.  Tour is mostly in mangrove area land side of the island.

https://wildsidetours.com/

You could probably do this one on your own but realistically it needs a car to get down to the boat ramp in the park.  If booking through a cruise line they would supply transportation.

14 hours ago, LeeW said:

While cruising was shut down we went to Florida in January 2021 and stayed in Cape Canaveral (and the ship we were supposed to take was there....).  Decided on Wildside Tours out of Cocoa Beach.  This is likely the operator for your possible tour.  Saw lots of manatee and dolphins.  Chilly, but we still went swimming in the ocean and in the hotel pool.  Some days were windy and cool (light jacket), others were mid-70s.  Hot (80) on day we took the tour.  Tour is mostly in mangrove area land side of the island.

https://wildsidetours.com/

You could probably do this one on your own but realistically it needs a car to get down to the boat ramp in the park.  If booking through a cruise line they would supply transportation.

Thanks for the info! I did book the ship excursion figuring we can look ahead at the weather and cancel if we need to. I'm going to look at the link and see how much it would be on our own. 

Thanks again.