Noise level on Breakaway in Cagneys

herbanrenewal

Has anyone else found the acoustics in Carneys on Breakaway atrocious? I ate there tonight and left before dessert with a headache. Instead of a relaxing fine dining experience it sounded more like a sports bar on game night. Admittedly there was a particularly loud party of 6 behind me, and no effort was made to ask them to tone it down. But overall the noise level seemed pretty high for fine dining.

I have another dinner scheduled for 2 nights from now, as well as a B2B next fall that I'm thinking of rebooking if my experience tonight is common. So I sincerely ask if anyone else thinks the acoustics in. Cagneys on Breakaway is a dealbreaker. Or if there is a better dining experience in one of the other specialty restaurants on this ship.

55 minutes ago, herbanrenewal said:

Has anyone else found the acoustics in Carneys on Breakaway atrocious? I ate there tonight and left before dessert with a headache. Instead of a relaxing fine dining experience it sounded more like a sports bar on game night. Admittedly there was a particularly loud party of 6 behind me, and no effort was made to ask them to tone it down. But overall the noise level seemed pretty high for fine dining.

I have another dinner scheduled for 2 nights from now, as well as a B2B next fall that I'm thinking of rebooking if my experience tonight is common. So I sincerely ask if anyone else thinks the acoustics in. Cagneys on Breakaway is a dealbreaker. Or if there is a better dining experience in one of the other specialty restaurants on this ship.

We have never had any issue with the noise level in Cagney's. There should be no effort to ask people not to enjoy their meal. And there is no acoustics problem in Cagney's, the room is carpeted with a lot of soft surfaces to absorb sound. 

I will say Cagney's is a very popular choice of restaurants.  On our Bliss Cruise in September, it was FULL, thus not a quiet type dinner.   More like the noise level in one of the MDR, not complaining just stating it is not a quiet zone dining experience.  Guess every Ship experience can be different.

I do believe it was a little loud when we were in there but not annoyingly so.  On the other hand La Cucina was very loud and annoying and unfortunately the food on that night was not enjoyable at all.  I have never been real impressed with La Cucina but that was the worst.

I can't recall being bothered about the noise level in any Cagney's in which we've eaten.  (It's really is not a fine dining restaurant.)  My concern is the uneven quality of the service and the food that we've experienced over the years.

If the same happens again, perhaps you could ask to be moved to a different location? Speak with the restaurant manager before you're seated and ask (and be ok waiting for) a quieter location.

Good luck - I know how annoying it is to be seated next to loud groups! Now, if I'm in that group, we're not loud, just joyful! But to others, I'm sure it's annoying. And is to me if not in the loud group.

• Haha 1

We were on the Breakaway in Dec 2021 and also found Cagney's a bit noisy.  Not sure if it was the venue or the people that were there that night.  It wasn't bad enough to stop eating there or to write off cruising NCL.

As an alternative, Le Bistro has always been a quite experience for us.