Elite mini bar set up

sunsetme

26 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Are you saying you got $100 OBC when you exchanged your mini bar setup?

Yes, on the Regal March 26th.  I called to exchange for coffee package and was told it was discontinued 3 weeks before, but if I wanted they would do $50/pp as a goodwill gesture while adjusting to this removed loyalty perk.  I would expect that not to last too long.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Yes, on the Regal March 26th.  I called to exchange for coffee package and was told it was discontinued 3 weeks before, but if I wanted they would do $50/pp as a goodwill gesture while adjusting to this removed loyalty perk.  I would expect that not to last too long.

WOW! We're sailing next month on Sky and I am going to ask for OBC since I have the Plus package and access to the Concierge Lounge.  Thanks for the info.

On 4/15/2023 at 3:11 PM, shirazcruiser said:

WOW! We're sailing next month on Sky and I am going to ask for OBC since I have the Plus package and access to the Concierge Lounge.  Thanks for the info.

And you’re elite, correct? If so I would ask to swap to coffee cards rather than just asking to swap to OBC. But as mentioned, this is probably already on borrowed time. If I had a booked cruise coming up I could tell you EXACTLY what day the swap to OBC would end on! 🙂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AE_Collector said:

And you’re elite, correct? If so I would ask to swap to coffee cards rather than just asking to swap to OBC. But as mentioned, this is probably already on borrowed time. If I had a booked cruise coming up I could tell you EXACTLY what day the swap to OBC would end on! 🙂

I'm Elite after this sailing, but we're in a PH suite so we get the mini bar setup. Since I already have the Plus package with coffee, I don't need coffee cards so OBC towards a speciality restaurant would be a better swap. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

I'm Elite after this sailing, but we're in a PH suite so we get the mini bar setup. Since I already have the Plus package with coffee, I don't need coffee cards so OBC towards a speciality restaurant would be a better swap. 

Zero harm in asking if they don't offer it to you.  For me, they offered it first thing before even telling me the other swap options.  She said it was to pay for my coffee for the cruise while this was affecting people on upcoming cruises.  Like I said, probably won't last all that long. 

They should have left well enough alone. I have now been able to cruise packageless, and know how to do it so that it works for me. 

• Thanks 1

On Sky March 18 and could only swap bar for one bottle of wine. No coffee card, no obc.

Lots of crew suggested we complain to Princess on comment card, which we did as we really liked the coffee card but not likely to come back.

We would even buy the coffee card but Princess will only have it if we purchase a drink package and not even close to worth it for us.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2023 at 5:57 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

They are not doing it on the Regal for the April 16 transatlantic. Guess they figure the coffee card is old news now.

16 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I swapped for a bottle of wine yesterday.  So now I have too much wine (3 bottles, they did not charge corkage for 2nd bottle)

'too much wine' - that is not a concept I am familiar with 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:
49 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I swapped for a bottle of wine yesterday.  So now I have too much wine (3 bottles, they did not charge corkage for 2nd bottle)

.you bought it on the ship no corkage to be charged

Yes. I brought 2 on at embarkation & should've paid $20 for the 2nd one. 

7 hours ago, voljeep said:

'too much wine' - that is not a concept I am familiar with 😉

That's right up there with the old "What do we do with left over wine after dinner?"  Huh???

• Haha 2

On 11/3/2022 at 4:06 PM, Steelers36 said:

Yes, I change ours out every time.  I wish they would let us pre-order as it is a PITA for both Room Service and Guest.  For they prep the standard and deliver it generally before you board.  Then, you have to call them up for the exchange (along with scores of others).  And then they have to build new minibar combinations and again visit the cabins to pick up the old and deliver the right things - and that all takes time and delays.

So, you can exchange the 10 alcohol for other alcohol or non-alcohol.  You can exchange the non-alcohol for any non-alcohol.  Our typical exchange is all alcohol for 5+5 in two different beers and then 10 Perrier for the other half. 

I wish we could exchange half the minibar for one coffee package (if you want this too, then lobby Princess for it).  But, NO, you can only exchange the entire minibar for TWO coffee packages.

On our last sailing our cabin steward changed them out for us so it was easier and more timely. Not sure if this is the case now or just on that sailing.

On 11/19/2022 at 2:41 PM, EDDY0827 said:

I put our left over mini-bar in my suitcase and drove home.

We bring home the liquor and leave the soda for our cabin steward if he wants it.  We also will take a few bottles of water for the ride home.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, suzyed said:

On our last sailing our cabin steward changed them out for us so it was easier and more timely. Not sure if this is the case now or just on that sailing.

Yes the steward changed it out

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

My last Princess cruise, there were supply chain issues, and the liquor selection was slim.  Repeats of a few things.  Have things improved there?

Appeared to be the same minibar selection as before but the wine swap list was shorter

On The Ruby now (repositioning from Galveston to San Francisco through the Panama Canal).

Found that my mini bar was missing the Tonic Water (Perrier). No matter, i was going to trade it for ginger ale anyway.  I called and explained that they shorted me everything, but that instead of sending Perrier, to send 2 ginger ales. 

I wasnt in when the swap was made, but My Bride was.  She said that the steward noted that we were short 2 Perrier AND TOOK BACK The Ginger Ale!! 

I noted this on the 'how are we doing' report that came in a few days later.  Nothing has come from any of this!  (Except that I have the chance now to let everyone on Cruise Critic, note the issue and to warn everyone NOT to trust that it will work out!  Get the missing items and THEN make them swap them out!)