Is anyone boarding the Celebration today?

kelkel2

8 hours ago, DeanDeeDee said:

Sid, when are you sailing on the Celebration?  I have followed your cruises and Atlanta postings and even took your advice for our Black Hat's Tour.  We aren't sailing on the Celebration until May.

I'm cruising on December 4th, and counting down the days...

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Mr305 said:

Celebration is facing 16 foot seas at the moment and that is expected to go up a bit more next day or two, In the above video, which is worth watching, at one point you see the ship listing and the bloggers comment that it is starting to move quite a bit.

21 foot seas currently according to a tracker. That ship list in their live feed was significant! 

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 19cruiser59 said:

I dont remember seeing if this was answered previously, if so, my apologies for asking again!

Are Chibang and Cucina Del Capitano restaurant included free as part of the dining rooms? ( the way Mardi Gras is setup.)

Yes.

• Like 1

We have 2 sets of friends on this cruise. Both appear to be having a good time but both have had Problems with queues. Not sure at what times or venues. Will ask.

One just posts pics of drinks on their social media and ports and the other is fb msging me.

Other things:

-Our foodie friends said Chibang was awful

- Shaqs is loved by both and busy. MDR also good

- The two new bars are busy and loved by all (latitudes and the panelled one)

- Some illness on ship (mainly sea sickness and other)

- Some nights have been quieter than expected. Especially the first night. Our younger friends are surprised with the higher age on board compared to shorter cruises they take.

- Cruisers were moaning at guest services as people couldn't use their balconies on the very first chunk of the cruise due to high seas

- Ship is not full ( I knew this already as they had rooms for sale a few days out.....if I wasn't working I would have jumped on a 2 hr train to Southampton as last minute prices were awesome)

I'll check my chats but that's what I can remember 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Velvetwater said:

-Our foodie friends said Chibang was awful

Curious what they ordered. I've heard lots of mixed things about Chibang. The biggest consensus seems to be that the Mexican side is awful, but the Chinese side is pretty good.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Velvetwater said:

Some nights have been quieter than expected. Especially the first night. Our younger friends are surprised with the higher age on board compared to shorter cruises they take.

Any experienced cruiser would have known that TAs have a higher passenger age demographic by the virtue that is a 14 night cruise with so many seadays. Not sure why anyone would think that a 14 night cruise with all those seadays would have lots young people on board.

It's pretty exciting to me to have some new drink menus. As much as I love Alchemy, that same menu loses its magic after so many visits. Is there a menu for latitudes too? If I remember correctly, it's supposed to have different drinks from around the world?