Krazy Lobster ?

volk904

We are on the Connie today. Our Belize stop was replaced by Costa Maya.  I have done no planning and never been to CM. Can we just take a cab and pay as we go at the Krazy Lobster?  How is the beach?  My wife will be. Happy with a Lounge chair on a clean beach.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, volk904 said:

We are on the Connie today. Our Belize stop was replaced by Costa Maya.  I have done no planning and never been to CM. Can we just take a cab and pay as we go at the Krazy Lobster?  How is the beach?  My wife will be. Happy with a Lounge chair on a clean beach.  

Yes you can just take a taxi and turn up for PAYG.

Beach will probably be OK at this time of year unless sargassum brought in with recent storm in the area (which may be why you are missing Belize?). You will see sargassum situation while sailing and when you arrive in port.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

Just a follow up.  We went tp the Krazy Lobster today.  $4 pp cab ride each way.  When we arrived as others said a guy greeted us at the street and took us to some chairs at the beach.  The beach is no large but the water was pretty clear with very few rocks. No charge for chairs.  We bought $2 Coronas,, and sone really good checken soft tacos. I have been a lot of places and this made for a nice way to spend 4 hours on a port stop. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 6:01 PM, volk904 said:

Just a follow up.  We went tp the Krazy Lobster today.  $4 pp cab ride each way.  When we arrived as others said a guy greeted us at the street and took us to some chairs at the beach.  The beach is no large but the water was pretty clear with very few rocks. No charge for chairs.  We bought $2 Coronas,, and sone really good checken soft tacos. I have been a lot of places and this made for a nice way to spend 4 hours on a port stop. 

How was the sea weed?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Easily?  No.  It's a hike.  Or should I say, a continuation of the hike.  First, the pier is VERY LONG.  Then you have to weave around in the port area to get to the parking lot.  And if you don't know the only cut through it's even longer.  Then the walk along the road starts.  It's a big nope for us and we don't have mobility issues.   

2 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

So is it easily walkable to KL?

I stand corrected (slightly)!

Google maps says it is 2 miles, actually 10 minutes by taxi, 30 minutes walking

I agree with @lifes-a-beach. It is safe and possible to walk but is hot and not particularly inspiring. We prefer to taxi to one end of the  malecon, bar hop the length (one mile) and taxi back from the other end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 1:19 PM, lifes-a-beach said:

Easily?  No.  It's a hike.  Or should I say, a continuation of the hike.  First, the pier is VERY LONG.  Then you have to weave around in the port area to get to the parking lot.  And if you don't know the only cut through it's even longer.  Then the walk along the road starts.  It's a big nope for us and we don't have mobility issues.   

what us the cut through?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gamblinmon said:

what us the cut through?

There used to be exits from thje back of a couple of stores in the port.  I believe they are blocked now.

If you do decide to walk to the malacon, assuming the weather isn't unbearably hot, there used t be a path to the beach/seashore just outside the cruise port parking lot.  Head for the first street on your left after exiting the port and then look for the path to your left a short(under a block) walk.  But you'll still have a mile plus to the malecon which starts at the lighthouse.  Then Krazy Lobster's main area is about 1/2 way down the malecon.  .

Our favorite place to visit. Mauricio ( man who greets you on the walkway) will make sure you are treated well..Food is good and reasonable. Massages are the best. 20.00 for an hour! Only downfall are the walking vendors which are constantly rotating. A simple no thank you and they move on but another will soon be there! So if you miss buying something don't worry, another will be by within minutes with same things.

Tell Mauricio that Jay from Florida says hello and we will be back !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 7:47 AM, lifes-a-beach said:

In January the one shop you can still cut through is some sort of food place that sells snacks. Don’t recall the name of the place. 

There are a few emergency exits you can slip through also. I found them after I walked back from the far opposite end of the boardwalk at the beach. Didn't want to wind all through the port.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2023 at 11:36 PM, OSUZorba said:

There are a few emergency exits you can slip through also. I found them after I walked back from the far opposite end of the boardwalk at the beach. Didn't want to wind all through the port.

We always take the direct route between the pool and dolphins and avoid the crowds and hassle of the shops completely. Now the transport has moved inside the port it takes you to that location directly. I see Maya Chan is also suggesting this route now in their instructions, even though their pick-up point is outside the gates.

Cutting through was advantageous when you had to walk outside the port gates - not sure it helps much now, especially if you don’t know which shop and you are having to search.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

We always take the direct route between the pool and dolphins and avoid the crowds and hassle of the shops completely. Now the transport has moved inside the port it takes you to that location directly. I see Maya Chan is also suggesting this route now in their instructions, even though their pick-up point is outside the gates.

Cutting through was advantageous when you had to walk outside the port gates - not sure it helps much now, especially if you don’t know which shop and you are having to search.

Can you share the cut through route please  

tia

53 minutes ago, gamblinmon said:

Can you share the cut through route please  

tia

Try this post#13. We don’t do the cut through of the shops so someone else will need to answer that. We head for dolphin pool. It is quieter route.

taxis are currently just before the end of the yellow arrow.

Edited by c-leg5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...