Towel Animals

travelgip

1 hour ago, travelgip said:

Do the room stewards still make the towel animals?  Loved them from my last cruise

On request, maybe. 

NCL stopped “default” towel animals because of the environmental impact of all the additional

laundry and the fact that with 15+ rooms, your steward barely fishes day service before starting on night service. If you get your requested animals, make sure to give your steward an extra large tip. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL stopped “default” towel animals because of the environmental impact of all the additional

laundry... 

Yes...and you can agree that the environment has drastically improved since the towel animals went extinct.

Just have to hope that Ingen isn't working to infuse towel dna with that of tree frogs in a misguided attempt to bring them back.

• Haha 5

,On the Bliss this past July our steward did a few times, we did not ask but we had a 7 year old with us, he even came back on his own time to show my grandson how to do them, need less to say we tipped him very generously, we also took the time to send an email to customer relations praising him in addition to the hero card.

That said I can live without them, all though cute they waste the stewards time and contribute to a lot of extra laundry

Edited by njkate

22 minutes ago, naderchaser said:

To each their own, but if you saw the joy on my children's faces when they saw the animals you might think differently.

My kids loved them as well, but if it’s just my husband and I, no need (although I’m sure my young adult children would still love them).

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

only on request only and it depends on the steward. never received any on the joy last month 

I was on the same sailing.  I specifically requested them from my steward (and tipped him up front.)  What can I say?  I'm juvenile, plus my social media friends love seeing them.  He made them maybe 7 or 8 nights out of the 10.  The ones I got weren't that good, if I'm being honest, which leads me to believe they're probably not being taught how to do them anymore or, at a minimum, they're out of practice.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Waste of towels and room stewards time. Glad to never have received one!

I'd be happy if they shorted the towels in my bathroom and used them to make the towel animals.  I'll disassemble them if I need to.  I'm not otherwise super-demanding and I tip pretty well so no guilt here 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Waste of towels and room stewards time.

3 hours ago, njkate said:

they waste the stewards time and contribute to a lot of extra laundry

Baa humbug.  At the end of the day, cruisers waste towels and room stewards' time.  Should I leave the cruise early to put an end to this awful waste?

3 hours ago, naderchaser said:

To each their own, but if you saw the joy on my children's faces when they saw the animals you might think differently.

😎  Bingo!!

2 hours ago, phillygwm said:

What can I say?  I'm juvenile,

😎  We all are.  Some just can't come to grips with it.  More the pitty....

• Like 4