QUANTUM - Solarium Bistro Breakfast? Lunch?

Booked the Quantum for an Alaskan cruise July 2023.  We're deck 11 forward, so the Solarium Bistro is just a deck a few decks overhead.  Looking for the closest coffee in the morning.

Thinking that the Bistro is the closest location for coffee?  Is the Bistro typically open for breakfast, and if so so you enjoy breakfast there?  We're typically MDR people for all of our meals.   We do the Windjammer but not nearly as often.

Lunch is also served correct, and complimentary?

Tried searching for this info but it's fairly specific so wasn't finding good answers.  Thanks in advance.

Dan

Thank you both.  This is perfect.  Knowing that most food and drink options are aft on this ship (and most RCCL ships) I was a little concerned about a long hike in the morning for coffee and/or breakfast.  My parents are on this cruise as well and are early risers so this will be perfect for them as well.

Thank you kindly, Dan

3 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Thank you both.  This is perfect.  Knowing that most food and drink options are aft on this ship (and most RCCL ships) I was a little concerned about a long hike in the morning for coffee and/or breakfast.  My parents are on this cruise as well and are early risers so this will be perfect for them as well.

Thank you kindly, Dan

I remember it not opening until 8, generally, earlier on early port days, so it may not be early enough for your parents. Room service coffee is free

Is the bistro free?  We were on the Quantum in August of this year and had a hard time accessing the facility as there was a very large group occupying most of the space. So we never really got the chance to eat there.

6 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Booked the Quantum for an Alaskan cruise July 2023.  We're deck 11 forward, so the Solarium Bistro is just a deck a few decks overhead.  Looking for the closest coffee in the morning.

Thinking that the Bistro is the closest location for coffee?  Is the Bistro typically open for breakfast, and if so so you enjoy breakfast there?  We're typically MDR people for all of our meals.   We do the Windjammer but not nearly as often.

Lunch is also served correct, and complimentary?

Tried searching for this info but it's fairly specific so wasn't finding good answers.  Thanks in advance.

Dan

Post #40 on my live post below has some breakfast photos and information on the Quantum to Alaska  

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Is the bistro free?  We were on the Quantum in August of this year and had a hard time accessing the facility as there was a very large group occupying most of the space. So we never really got the chance to eat there.

aw yes the downsize of large family groups or other groups who swarm the ship and take up a lot of space instead of spreading out.  I have to laugh how they also try to get 3 rows to themselves.  quite the show in itself.

But seriously MOST of the time no issues with solarium.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

aw yes the downsize of large family groups or other groups who swarm the ship and take up a lot of space instead of spreading out.  I have to laugh how they also try to get 3 rows to themselves.  quite the show in itself.

But seriously MOST of the time no issues with solarium.  

The group that we encountered was a very LARGE cruise group.  Even with the ship being quite large, it seemed like we were always running into them.  Just an observation as they didn't hamper us from having a good time.