havana area feedback requested

havanadaydreaming

20 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

What did you find so bad about the excel class Havana cabins? Booked on Celebration in April.

I swear I wasn't ignoring you - work just absolutely blew up around me and I haven't been able to get back to answer this! 🥴 

Anyways, it's not the cabins so much as just the area - the "experience" itself. A picture speaks a thousand words... Here's the Havana pool area on Vista class ships:

7182d6_d3b2d0b369f24692a7637b534ce32944_mv2_d_2048_1536_s_2.thumb.jpg.39761e36174847a6254b8a5a915b4709.jpghavana-pool-2438.thumb.jpg.0299fff5fab09cfea31333508f5debf6.jpg

And here's the Havana pool area on the Excel class ships (this is Mardi Gras):

1194071752_mardigrashavana.thumb.jpeg.bb930e4a3cb99fb74f05fab9c888ad42.jpeg

Havana pool.jpg

2 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

I swear I wasn't ignoring you - work just absolutely blew up around me and I haven't been able to get back to answer this! 🥴 

Anyways, it's not the cabins so much as just the area - the "experience" itself. A picture speaks a thousand words... Here's the Havana pool area on Vista class ships:

7182d6_d3b2d0b369f24692a7637b534ce32944_mv2_d_2048_1536_s_2.thumb.jpg.39761e36174847a6254b8a5a915b4709.jpghavana-pool-2438.thumb.jpg.0299fff5fab09cfea31333508f5debf6.jpg

And here's the Havana pool area on the Excel class ships (this is Mardi Gras):

1194071752_mardigrashavana.thumb.jpeg.bb930e4a3cb99fb74f05fab9c888ad42.jpeg

Havana pool.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. Np taking long. Im always here. The excel class does look pretty lame compared with the Vista class. Ill give it a shot and see how it is. I got a good price on a cabana room. The day after I booked it the price went up $900.

On 11/14/2022 at 9:52 PM, jimbo5544 said:

While not the same as Vista class Havana areas, still worth the price.  Very relaxed area, even on a completely filled ship.

exactly my thoughts on the havana on the excel as well. And sometimes it isnt THAT much of a price differential on the excel. Sometimes it can be multiples of the standard cabin on the vistas. 

• Like 1

As you can tell by the pictures, there is a big difference between the areas on the Vista Class versus the Excel Class.  The Vista Class is deck five aft with a good size pool, two hot tubs and two tiki huts that you can soak your feet in with a beautiful view of the wake of the ship.  On the Excel, you get a pool that is even smaller than the hot tubs on the Vista Class.  It's also on deck 8 starboard side with not much of a view.  If the price difference wasn't too much and you're sailing over the summer or spring break, it's worth considering, otherwise I'd pass.

It's also on deck 8 starboard side with not much of a view. 

Havana cabins (Mardi Gras) are on both sides of the ship, port and starboard.  For those of us that don't sail aft for various reasons (typically go with port), this works great and gives us the opportunity to try the area out.   

Edited by Drazil65

7 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

It's also on deck 8 starboard side with not much of a view. 

Havana cabins (Mardi Gras) are on both sides of the ship, port and starboard.  For those of us that don't sail aft for various reasons (typically go with port), this works great and gives us the opportunity to try the area out.   

The deck 8 starboard side with not much of a view was talking about the miniscule Havana pool area on the Excel Class and comparing it to the expansive Havana pool area on the Vista Class ships.

Regarding the location of the cabins, since you brought that up,  both classes have them port and starboard, while the Vista also has them aft and the Excel also has them forward.

We had a choice between booking the Jubilee or Vista out of Galveston next year and our group chose Vista because of the Havana Area being so much bigger.  We were worried about finding seating and some of our group like to use the pool.