Will this work? ...Getting Wife, son and maybe daughters to Diamond

On 11/11/2022 at 5:13 AM, SRF said:

Actually 12 drinks per day.  4 for poster, 4 for poster's spouse, and 4 for son, once he gets old enough.

Sail 100 days, that is 1200 drinks, times $14 (ignoring the grat, assuming you tip for the free ones),  that is $16,800.   

Not bad for taking a 4 night cruise.

What nonsense.  After 12 nights would have diamond status, so the other 88 nights would not be as a result of taking the 4 night solo cruise.  Sounds like you work for the government.

18 hours ago, moposh said:

Why are you being rude?  Maybe I didn't explain it, but yes, I know.  I said I know.  No need to go on at me.

I think you meant to say that he will 'revert' to whatever points he had on his own. His 'level' stays the same but he needs to accrue the balance of points needed for the next level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You sound like a friend of mine @death_star.  He's been trying to game the system to get to Diamond and he finally made it last March (I think).

I did the same thing.  I took 2 cheap 9 night cruises to garner 36 points to jump to Diamond.  And then in the first year after the restart after covid, I took 4 cruises that got me 80 points with a combination of the double point promo and solo cruising, to jump from Diamond to Diamond plus, with my first Diamond plus cruise coming in the fall.

11 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

He's been trying to game the system

That's why I married my wife, who was already Emerald while I had never been on a cruise in my life... I could have held off for a higher status but I kinda liked her too.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Haha 6