Will this work? ...Getting Wife, son and maybe daughters to Diamond

21 hours ago, VernRDH said:

Just a thought about 15 yo son: when he turns 18, his status will change. He will only have the credits for cruises he has actually been on. This happened with DD, who is now 23. We were Diamond before she turned 18, but then her status changed because she had only earned Emerald. 

She just made Diamond this summer after our 9 night Adventure cruise booked during double points promo. We, however are now D+. 

This is not how it works.  Your DD would stay diamond, but her points would reflect the actual number of points she earned.  She does not go back to Emerald after turning 18.

If this happened to you, it was a mistake.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BearJim said:

Do you get the Diamond perks on the cruise that gets you up to Diamond or do you have to wait till the next cruise for the perks to kick in?

Thanks.

You have to wait until the next cruise. You are not diamond until after the cruise is completed. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, KelJ said:

This is not how it works.  Your DD would stay diamond, but her points would reflect the actual number of points she earned.  She does not go back to Emerald after turning 18.

If this happened to you, it was a mistake.

It is what happened, but as she has now made diamond of her own accord, nothing I can do I don't think.  

31 minutes ago, VernRDH said:

It is what happened, but as she has now made diamond of her own accord, nothing I can do I don't think.  

Yes, a bit late, as all they could do is make her Diamond.

2 hours ago, dad son team said:

How about sending your wife solo.  What a lovely surprise that would be for her

I would love to but her schedule is not flexible and doesn’t allow her to sail when the fairs are cheaper, she is a kindergarten teacher, bless her heart.

In the end we have decided to go a different route. My wife and son’s spring break do not line up with our daughters spring break in March.  We have decided to do a seven day cruise on the Anthem the week after our daughters are home from college for spring break. So there will be my wife, son and I on the cruise and we will get connecting interior or balcony cabins.  One of us will be in a room solo and get double points.  That will get my wife or Myself 14 point and get us to 82 total, just past Diamond.

Dan

• Like 1

18 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

WAY under 

Not supposed to happen.  Perhaps you can  tell the server/bartender that the voucher is from someone under age.   That way they will not serve a drink to a minor and hopefully will be able to keep their job.  That would  be worth the price of the  drink to me.  

m

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Not supposed to happen.  Perhaps you can  tell the server/bartender that the voucher is from someone under age.   That way they will not serve a drink to a minor and hopefully will be able to keep their job.  That would  be worth the price of the  drink to me.  

m

I am sure they know the voucher is from an under age person, it says so on the screen, but it is also patently obvious that they are handing the whiskey to someone WELL over the age of 21.

• 6 months later...

FYI, I'm circling back to tell you what did end up working, which was a 7 night cruise in two interior cabins.

As of March 2023 these were our points:

Myself: 68 points

Wife: 68 points

Son 15 yrs old: 46 points

My wife, son and I took a 7 night cruise on the Anthem in two connecting inside cabins. I was solo in one, and my wife and son were booked in the connecting cabin.  So I got 14 points since I was solo, and my wife and son got 7 points each.

Now, after the cruise all three of us are Diamond.  Our actual points are shown below. 

Myself: 82 points

Wife: 75 points

Son 16 yrs old: 53 points

Not sure if this helps anyone or not but just thought I would share.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

FYI, I'm circling back to tell you what did end up working, which was a 7 night cruise in two interior cabins.

As of March 2023 these were our points:

Myself: 68 points

Wife: 68 points

Son 15 yrs old: 46 points

My wife, son and I took a 7 night cruise on the Anthem in two connecting inside cabins. I was solo in one, and my wife and son were booked in the connecting cabin.  So I got 14 points since I was solo, and my wife and son got 7 points each.

Now, after the cruise all three of us are Diamond.  Our actual points are shown below. 

Myself: 82 points

Wife: 75 points

Son 16 yrs old: 53 points

Not sure if this helps anyone or not but just thought I would share.

Makes sense to me since only one member of the household has to be Diamond (in your case) for the rest your immediate family/household to be Diamond but with less CAS points. Congratulations on making the big D. Now you have something new to look forward to on your next cruise.  

Edited by davekathy

36 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Makes sense to me since only one member of the household has to be Diamond (in your case) for the rest your immediate family/household to be Diamond but with less CAS points. Congratulations on making the big D. Now you have something new to look forward to on your next cruise.  

Thank you.  Bummer that my Daughters missed out.  They are 21 and 19 now, but have 46 points on their own and will get another 7 in July so they are on their way... 🙂

• Like 2

On 11/10/2022 at 11:32 AM, The Fun Researcher said:

Thanks for the replies.  Yeah, I would book a Jr. Suite for sure.  Just need a short 4 night sailing for my needs too.

Now just how to figure out how to keep my daughters from getting jealous of their brother's Diamond status 😅

Dan

If he doesn't reach Diamond on his own by the time he's 18, he'll revert to whatever level he is at.  Just tell the girls to keep cruising!  Maybe brother will share some drinks with them.

We just hit diamond on our last cruise,3 yrs ago, and this coming one 8/24 we won't use the  perks that everyone strives for like the drink vouchers. My DH is sober ( thank

God) 2.5 yrs now. We'll just get the Refreshment package. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toxicfairy said:

We just hit diamond on our last cruise,3 yrs ago, and this coming one 8/24 we won't use the  perks that everyone strives for like the drink vouchers. My DH is sober ( thank

You can get non alcoholic drinks.  

3 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

You are aware that you can use your vouchers for non-alcoholic drinks, right?

Also, if you enjoy espresso-based coffee drinks like lattes and cappuccinos, you have complimentary access to the DL coffee machine.

There are several perks unrelated to alcohol.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, moposh said:

If he doesn't reach Diamond on his own by the time he's 18, he'll revert to whatever level he is at.  Just tell the girls to keep cruising!  Maybe brother will share some drinks with them.

At 18 he will stay at whatever level he was at thanks to his parents and he will revert to his own points.  He could be Diamond with 15 points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

At 18 he will stay at whatever level he was at thanks to his parents and he will revert to his own points.  He could be Diamond with 15 points.

Yes, I know.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, moposh said:

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

30 minutes ago, moposh said:

Yes, I know.

Are you sure you know?

• Haha 3