Ship change advisory – Carnival Magic to Carnival Venezia

Old Fart Cruisers

On 11/15/2022 at 7:13 AM, pyropoodle said:

but nyc sailing, the people just felt extra rude.

NY here, and personally I dont feel that. But I am also quite blunt myself and have little tolerance for people moving slowly, so there's always that. 

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

almost 2 hours to midnight and still no cabin assignments. hopefully tomorrow is the day we get the assignment

Just now, cruizinisthebest said:

Ok I'm up waiting till just after midnight to see if anything happens with the rooms. 😊

This is really unacceptable. They have been selling cabins for a week! 😡

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I don't think Carnival ever said you would be notified the first thing in the morning on the 21st.

Yeah, that was just supposition on the part of people here.

That being said, I too would be extremely frustrated if I had not yet gotten a cabin assignment from the ship change yet the sailing is available to book.  Geez Carnival, take care of the existing customers!

I seem to recall there are non-Carnival travel booking sites that can show you all available cabins (vs the 10 or so Carnival will display, regardless of qty avail).  Has anyone looked to see what the general state of cabin availability might be?

I honestly don't know where to look (and no-one needs to mention where in this thread here on CC, they don't like it), otherwise I'd poke around at it.

55 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I don't think Carnival ever said you would be notified the first thing in the morning on the 21st.

Nope they sure didn't. Still annoying.

Not sure why I took stock in any hint of a date for this information. As I said before, they did this before with a ship switch. Probably wouldn't matter much to me at all if my cabin category wasn't showing and if I didn't need to book another room nearby for my kids. Can't do that without knowing where we are first. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 10:00 AM, Jamericannn said:

Impatiently waiting to get my cabins reassigned. I hope to still be on deck 7 but if I get deck 8 that's fine as well. My major concern is that I will not get side by side connecting balconies as I booked. That was my priority because I've done it on the magic before and we were able to have one large balconies for 2 rooms.

connecting rooms- the cabins with the door inside to get to the other cabin-  the dividers dont open because the divider will block the cabin door        i have connecting cove balcony on the Magic.   I just hope to have the connection with the rebook    Some one on face book said she had connecting and they have her and her husband on one deck forward  and kids are on another deck all the way aft.   This is the only person I read that got assigned     Everyone else seems to be TBA still 

5 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I honestly don't know where to look (and no-one needs to mention where in this thread here on CC, they don't like it), otherwise I'd poke around at it.

go book a ghost cabin on your sailing.   I am showing NO Suites.,    I see an awesome connecting cabin for my crew and hope carnival comes through.  I spoke to my PVP and he said he cant make the change yet.   He has to wait til carnival is done and then he can make the changes     

1 hour ago, serene56 said:

connecting rooms- the cabins with the door inside to get to the other cabin-  the dividers dont open because the divider will block the cabin door        i have connecting cove balcony on the Magic.   I just hope to have the connection with the rebook    Some one on face book said she had connecting and they have her and her husband on one deck forward  and kids are on another deck all the way aft.   This is the only person I read that got assigned     Everyone else seems to be TBA still 

Not connecting rooms. I book with connecting cabins meaning they are side by side rooms and the balcony dividers can be opened to make a big balcony. i did this on the Magic before. I realize that the connecting rooms (ones with the doors in the middle) do not usually have connecting balconies. I prefer to have the option of a large balcony which we can use to get to the other room that to have a door between rooms with balconies that cannot be opened up.

• Like 1

Ok Carnival it's the 21st and it's now 8pm were are the NEW ROOM ASSIGNMENT you promised !!!!  Carnival is taking new bookings for the Venezia but not telling booked guest were the room assignment from the Magic ship change are. Can Anyone Deliver on a Promise Today ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shotzyok said:

Still waiting…..This is very frustrating! Anyone heard anything yet?

I just got off the phone with my PVP.  He said he understands how frustrating it is that they are selling more room before taking care of the ones that are already sold.  He is looking into it and will get back tomorrow.  

6 hours ago, shof515 said:

since the cabin assignments is going to be random this means it is basically like a guarantee booking. it would be nice if carnival us that guarantee cabin rate considering they are taking this long to process this

This is what I was thinking, just have to treat this booking like it is a guarantee.  Luckily we did not get a special room this cruise, but I still select the location, make sure it is not under a public area, etc.  But if we are essentially getting a guarantee, they should give some sort of OBC.  I also wonder if we are unhappy with the assignment, how easy it will be to change it.  Also when they gave us a date, they should have given one they would have been sure to meet.  Now people on other groups are saying it will be out by the end of the week.  SMH  If we miss a due date, they are not very understanding...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nycruise1 said:

This is what I was thinking, just have to treat this booking like it is a guarantee.  Luckily we did not get a special room this cruise, but I still select the location, make sure it is not under a public area, etc.  But if we are essentially getting a guarantee, they should give some sort of OBC.  I also wonder if we are unhappy with the assignment, how easy it will be to change it.  Also when they gave us a date, they should have given one they would have been sure to meet.  Now people on other groups are saying it will be out by the end of the week.  SMH  If we miss a due date, they are not very understanding...

No Carnival will close your booking if you miss a last payment date for sure. Now they stated room assignments would happen by the 21st of November it's now 6:30am on November 22nd and both my room are still TBA. Can Carnival please get their act together. Room where originally picked mid ship balcony deck 8 next to each other, waiting to see where i end up. My be a nicer ship but this blows waiting on them. PVP asked me to wait untill rooms assigned before calling. 

I booked 4 cabins for my family which will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. 3 cabins are all together on deck 7 and 1 cabin on deck 2 with a cove balcony. We are all  listed as TBA. This will be only our 2nd cruise with Carnival but now it might be our last. Their email didn’t give us the option to cancel with a full deposit refund. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was waiting for November 21 to see what cabin assignment we get but nothing assigned yet.