2025 Itineraries and general Q's

sparks1093

Howdy Princess cruisers! DW and I have the goal of trying as many cruise lines as we can and it looks like Princess may be our next "victim"🤣. I've priced out cruises in 2024 and when we factor in the costs we have to pay with Carnival versus what is included in the fare on Princess there isn't that much difference between the two (around $300-ish). But we already have a cruise booked for 2024, so we are already looking at potentially booking for 2025, which leads to my first question- how far in advance does Princess typically release itineraries? Phrased another way, when could I book a Caribbean cruise for 2025? Since I'm asking this question are there any booking tips I should be aware of? Is booking through the website ok or does Princess assign someone to help you book (similar to the PVP on Carnival)? If you have any other thoughts you'd like to share with a first time Love Boat cruiser we'd love to hear those as well. 

Since you seem to be familiar with Carnival, if I can offer just one thing to help you is that the Princess website, though sometimes wonky, is much more easily information searchable compared to the Carnival one. It took me like two clicks to find that cruises are available through Oct of '24. When does '25 come out? Don't know, but seems to run two years ahead.

Booking? Some book through the website. Some like the discounts from TAs. Some like the personal touch of a CVP, C for Cruise. To get asssigned, 800-901-1172. Some are worthless, we have a good one. Luck of the draw. Can't recommend here.

• Thanks 1

Bookings usually open about 18 to 20 months before the start of the season. For the 2024/2025 season that should be sometime in the spring of 2023. For the 2025/2026 season, spring 2024.

Most Princess Caribbean cruises are sold both as individual cruises and b2b cruises. For a one week cruise the ship will probably alternate between eastern and western Caribbean itineraries. For 10 day cruises the ships usually sail various southern itineraries. You will find a large number of passengers booked on both legs, maybe 20%. Some book 3 or 4 b2bs. 

Plus fares are worth it. The fares cover unlimited internet, gratuities (called crew incentive), and the beverage package. Basically it takes between two to three alcoholic beverages/pp/day to break even depending on how many of the unlimited specialty coffees and other non alcoholic beverages you consume. With the Ocean Now app you can order beverages and other food items for delivery anywhere on the ship, including room service. No delivery charge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Since you seem to be familiar with Carnival, if I can offer just one thing to help you is that the Princess website, though sometimes wonky, is much more easily information searchable compared to the Carnival one. It took me like two clicks to find that cruises are available through Oct of '24. When does '25 come out? Don't know, but seems to run two years ahead.

Booking? Some book through the website. Some like the discounts from TAs. Some like the personal touch of a CVP, C for Cruise. To get asssigned, 800-901-1172. Some are worthless, we have a good one. Luck of the draw. Can't recommend here.

Thanks for the info!

12 minutes ago, skynight said:

Bookings usually open about 18 to 20 months before the start of the season. For the 2024/2025 season that should be sometime in the spring of 2023. For the 2025/2026 season, spring 2024.

Most Princess Caribbean cruises are sold both as individual cruises and b2b cruises. For a one week cruise the ship will probably alternate between eastern and western Caribbean itineraries. For 10 day cruises the ships usually sail various southern itineraries. You will find a large number of passengers booked on both legs, maybe 20%. Some book 3 or 4 b2bs. 

Plus fares are worth it. The fares cover unlimited internet, gratuities (called crew incentive), and the beverage package. Basically it takes between two to three alcoholic beverages/pp/day to break even depending on how many of the unlimited specialty coffees and other non alcoholic beverages you consume. With the Ocean Now app you can order beverages and other food items for delivery anywhere on the ship, including room service. No delivery charge. 

It was the Plus fares that caught my eye. Since those are things we purchase separately on Carnival I can make a true comparison by adding them to the Carnival fare to see the true difference in fare. 

45 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

It was the Plus fares that caught my eye. Since those are things we purchase separately on Carnival I can make a true comparison by adding them to the Carnival fare to see the true difference in fare. 

It's always good to put the pencil to it.  I usually book the Plus package for convenience, but on my next two January cruises I did not and I'm going ala cart.  I was able to get a heck of a deal on the cruises and just couldn't justify paying almost as much for the Plus as I did for the cruises.  I have enough OBC to cover the tips.  I can live without wifi since in between cruises I'll be back in Fort L and can get caught up there.  I can also purchase the wifi package if I feel the need.  That leaves a wee dram or two in the evening and I'm all set.

Good luck with your Princess adventure.  Be sure to study the deck plans carefully if a full promenade is important to you and to get close but not too close to the guest laundromat.

Princess will spoil you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

It's always good to put the pencil to it.  I usually book the Plus package for convenience, but on my next two January cruises I did not and I'm going ala cart.  I was able to get a heck of a deal on the cruises and just couldn't justify paying almost as much for the Plus as I did for the cruises.  I have enough OBC to cover the tips.  I can live without wifi since in between cruises I'll be back in Fort L and can get caught up there.  I can also purchase the wifi package if I feel the need.  That leaves a wee dram or two in the evening and I'm all set.

Good luck with your Princess adventure.  Be sure to study the deck plans carefully if a full promenade is important to you and to get close but not too close to the guest laundromat.

Princess will spoil you.

Thanks for the thoughts. Everyone certainly has different spending habits. Once we've settled on the itinerary and ship studying the deck plans and reading reviews will be the order of the day (and I will of course be reading negative reviews with a grain of salt).

52 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Thanks for the thoughts. Everyone certainly has different spending habits. Once we've settled on the itinerary and ship studying the deck plans and reading reviews will be the order of the day (and I will of course be reading negative reviews with a grain of salt).

Sounds like you are taking the right approach with research.  In addition to the deck plans, I also watch ship tour videos online.  

I've only been on one cruise ship on which I couldn't wait to disembark.  Didn't care for the layout of the ship and the cabin design was atrocious.  I didn't do my research and went at the invitation of some friends who were putting a group together.  It was an "Epic" mistake on my part.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2022 at 8:45 AM, skynight said:

And yet, here we were 27 months in advance: https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2021/11/experience-the-journey-of-a-lifetime-princess-cruises-announces-2024-world-cruise-to-51-must-see-destinations.html.  OK, I can see where a world cruise gets more lead time than shorter ones, but we're now six weeks past last year's WC announcement date.  Any thoughts?  Was last year an aberration?

On 11/14/2022 at 8:45 AM, skynight said:

Plus fares are worth it. The fares cover unlimited internet, gratuities (called crew incentive), and the beverage package. Basically it takes between two to three alcoholic beverages/pp/day to break even depending on how many of the unlimited specialty coffees and other non alcoholic beverages you consume.

I think you might need to update your thoughts in this regard for @sparks1093.  Princess just implemented the second price hike in a short period of time.  The daily package charge is now $60/pp/day and both guests in the cabin must elect the same cruise fare option package. 

With most cabins costing $15/pp/day for Crew Incentive and MedallionNet costing $15/pp/day (for new guests without sufficient Captain's Circle status like the OP), the total baked in is $30/pp/day or $60/couple.  Deduct that from $120/couple/day and you have $60/couple per day for drink budget - both port days and sea days.  The OP should consider their combined drinking habits and spend to decide if worth it to go with the package.

The OP can read all the details of inclusions/exclusions on Princess.com, plus the terms & conditions. 

PS - Once a guest can get 50% off Medallion Net, the drinks allocation increases to $75/couple/day.

Of course, if a guest would never purchase two Medallion Net packages, that is another savings to consider when analyzing drinks portion.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I think you might need to update your thoughts in this regard for @sparks1093.  Princess just implemented the second price hike in a short period of time.  The daily package charge is now $60/pp/day and both guests in the cabin must elect the same cruise fare option package. 

With most cabins costing $15/pp/day for Crew Incentive and MedallionNet costing $15/pp/day (for new guests without sufficient Captain's Circle status like the OP), the total baked in is $30/pp/day or $60/couple.  Deduct that from $120/couple/day and you have $60/couple per day for drink budget - both port days and sea days.  The OP should consider their combined drinking habits and spend to decide if worth it to go with the package.

The OP can read all the details of inclusions/exclusions on Princess.com, plus the terms & conditions. 

PS - Once a guest can get 50% off Medallion Net, the drinks allocation increases to $75/couple/day.

Of course, if a guest would never purchase two Medallion Net packages, that is another savings to consider when analyzing drinks portion.

We can put them away on vacation so the numbers don't matter too much. When we cruised last November we kept track of the bar spending and if we wanted something we would get it (like a specialty coffee). Our total was $1300 so that convinced me that Cheers is worth it, even at just under $1k. Once Princess has published their itineraries we'll take a look at the offers and do the math. We'll add the fare, Cheers, wifi and tips for Carnival and compare it to Princess Plus. I'm thinking if it's within $500 we're likely to pull the trigger on it.

• 3 months later...
44 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

It’s now April 2023 and still nothing showing Jan 2025 Caribbean cruises.  Was hoping to give Princess another chance but unless something comes out this month, I guess we’ll go with Celebrity again 

On sale April 19. See other threads for itineraries and prices.