Which internet offer to take?

On 11/14/2022 at 10:49 AM, takemeaway2008 said:

OK, so I did do a search but couldn't find anything

Do I buy the internet package for one person and pick two devices so we can share? Or do I pick two people with one devices? My last cruises everything was included so I never had to pick something. 

TIA. 

If the speed is anything like it was on the Liberty of the Seas - dont waste your money.

2 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

If the speed is anything like it was on the Liberty of the Seas - dont waste your money.

VOOM performance is very situation dependent. Sometimes it could be unusable and other times it’s as good as at home but most of the time it’s somewhere in between. 

59 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

VOOM performance is very situation dependent. Sometimes it could be unusable and other times it’s as good as at home but most of the time it’s somewhere in between. 

We got 2 days free last week on the Liberty. Had I paid for it, I would have asked for my money back. It was worse than dial up.

We used Voom Surf and Stream when we were on the Freedom of the Seas in August and it was pretty good. It was using Starlink and I was able to get decent speeds. I was even able to stream Netflix...

We're going on the symphony of the seas next month and I just got the Voom Surf & Stream for 15.99 per person per day, so that's not a bad deal at all.

Is there tax or gratuity added to the Internet packages now?

The one I booked last month for the Halloween sell for one person 2 devices was more expensive per day than the current Black Friday sale but the Black Friday price is higher at checkout.

The difference is 18 percent higher.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No, about the only thing that doesn’t. 

Maybe the cruise planner is not calculating it correctly then. 

6 night cruise has 14.99 for device 1 and 11.99 for device 2 which should be 161.88 total but checkout has it at 191.84

Probably part of their problems today.

5 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Maybe the cruise planner is not calculating it correctly then. 

6 night cruise has 14.99 for device 1 and 11.99 for device 2 which should be 161.88 total but checkout has it at 191.84

Probably part of their problems today.

I'm seeing the same thing pricing my 7 nighter it seems less to book a one device per person than the old way of booking one person two devices...Crazy !!! 

42 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I'm seeing the same thing pricing my 7 nighter it seems less to book a one device per person than the old way of booking one person two devices...Crazy !!! 

I'm also experiencing this issue, doesn't make any sense. 

I was told by 2 agent that $11.99 will be honored onboard if I booked 1st device. I don't believe that whatsoever. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Check your prices both ways, I bought today and it was slightly cheaper to get each of us one device. Usually it’s cheaper the other way around. May just be our cruise, but saved $12 getting each one device. Go figure. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Yes, I ended up today getting it for both of us at a cheaper price. I had to take the surf and stream one so I'll see if just the surf comes up later. But this will do fine, I think. 

• Like 1

if anyone in your group is getting the basic soda package, the combination brings the price down to $11.  Basically 2 for 1 versus list price,  In our case, we were planning to buy 2 soda packages and planned to share a single Voom but at that price, it makes it a lot easier to just get 2.  

On 11/17/2022 at 11:04 AM, gottacruisemore said:

Thanks, that's perfect and saves us money. Nope, both android users but thanks for the info.

What I've read about the texting feature is that you need to actively look for messages in the app - they don't give you a notification when someone sends a message like texting would.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 10:27 PM, Spurschick said:

It works apple to apple but not apple to non apple

Unfortunately it only seems to work sporadically. We were on Ovation in August and Voyager in September. Tried chatting with my family (Apple to Apple) without a wi-fi plan and using the free ship wi-fi only. Used the Apple Messages app. Worked for free maybe 30% of the time so not something to rely on.