Japan to allow cruise ships back (aka maybe Diamond Princess)

cr8tiv1

My sister just sent me this link.  

https://www.travelandleisure.com/japan-cruise-ships-return-6830107

If you don't want to read the entire article:  

"It was not immediately clear exactly when the ban would officially lift, but a Japanese ship sailing from Yokohama in December will be among the first."

We booked a Japan cruise with Celebrity for March 23, which was moved by them to March 24 many months ago. As fas as I can tell the only lines selling Japan cruises for 22-23 are Princess and Cunard and all other lines were cancelled. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Japan opened to land travel October 2022.  We spent an amazing two weeks there.  The Japanese are still wearing mask both inside and outside, and we did as well while we were there.  It is such a beautiful country - well worth the wait.

The Japanese nationals and tourists have always worn masks pre/post pandemic.  They are very cautious people.  Glad you were able to do a land tour.  They are trickling back to Hawaii.  There is a shortage of Yen in the islands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really want to do a Japan cruise at some point. If for some reason the season gets pushed though I would no be opposed to hopping on one of the 7 day mini sea of Cortez runs it is doing right now. Timing just does t work out with our Discovery Princess cruise in January. Would need one in March timeframe to work with time off.