Chops Lunch On Embarkation Day.......

Dayman9966

5 hours ago, renza said:

Yes I have gotten the key and realized what a waste it was. I realized you can get internet cheaper by purchasing more under the same name. So I frequently buy 4 packages and sell. So it is a win win for everyone. I did it on 3 cruises this year. I will not go to windjammer at anytime and love the specialty dining. Is the food great, No but the relaxed atmosphere all week we love. The key gave me fruit in my room. Wow. They take my carryon to my room, who cares I was eating and rooms were open right after. Times for any of the activities was a joke, and sitting in the same seats that are for free was zero help. We still showed up early for seats together. Getting on early makes know difference either because we are diamond now. If I am with my son I do not need to purchase interest or dining we get it free now that he is an employee. 

I think everyone reading your negative comments understand your position on those issues.  After the first couple of postings, though, I don't think they've been helpful - speaking from the standpoint of someone (me) who just finished my first cruise.  Just my opinion.  😁

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 3:16 PM, Tree_skier said:

No,  Chops isn't usually open on embarkation day.  My last couple of cruises only Giovanni's or Jamies was open for embarkation lunch.

I've had it on Indy this past June, and on Allure prior to Covid

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ILOVEHI50 said:

I was able to just book Chops for Day 1 lunch.  It was discounted for the Black Friday sale.  I think it was about $49 for 2 including gratuities.

Yeah, I just booked Jamies for embarkation day lunch on Anthem for next Sunday. Was $17 plus gratuities. That sets me up just fine for embarkation day. I do self debarkation and just walk off whenever I want. No rush. Everyone has different priorities.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Good to know.  Just a coincidence for me I guess.  I looked up all my other cruises and I have either have Italian or nothing listed as available for embarkation lunch.  I'll keep my eyes out for it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Interesting. I specifically did not purchase it yesterday for Indy bc I was told Chops would not be open on embarkation day. I assumed it was related to The Key in the MDR .I haven't been on Indy in many years.

I never purchased the key until my recent Allure cruise and my upcoming Voyager cruise in December.  Here's why I purchased it.  We always get internet.  Our choice.  Some get drink packages.  We don't as we have the 4 Diamond drinks.  Back in the summer, the Key was at $16.99/day pp.  The internet was about $23.99/day pp.  So I get on ship earlier which was good as we were staying overnight in Boca Raton.  We both get wifi.  Same happened with our Voyager cruise.  $16.99 again.  To me it's all about how you want to spend your money on vacation.  There are threads on here about UDP, drink packages and internet.  If someone wants to get all 3, well its their money and their vacation.  I go for the cost issue and I would only get it again if I had a similar deal.  That's why I always check the cruise planner and social media plus here for any sales rumors to see if it benefits me.  

On 11/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, tinkr2 said:

Ive gotten it many times at 21.99 and 19.99.We always get 2 internet and sometimes 3 for the 2 of us. I like to walk in at last minute to great seats. I like the hours of less crowded flow rider. I also live near to port.  My husband likes to cut line and set off to head to meetings. As I said, WE don't find it to be bad when on sale.

I agree. With the added perks like the flowrider and rock wall and knowing we will each have our own internet log in (sharing/logout/ log in is a hassle for us) we will use all of the benefits. And it was just reduced to $18.99/day with Black Friday for our cruise which made it even better