Ovation on hold in Vila

Hogbay

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So you are talking about a wharf at Lelepa to dock a ship.

I don’t think we will see that for many years if at all . For a few ships  ,6 months of the year it wouldn’t warrant the money.

Maybe when Disney and Royal Caribbean merge it might happen.

The big selling point for most of these cruises will be Lelepea. If they miss this continually there would be an issue.

3 hours ago, bretts173 said:

The big selling point for most of these cruises will be Lelepea. If they miss this continually there would be an issue.

I would presume the wharf would be away from the village at the other end of the island . It should be pretty well protected.

AA68CB05-5DF9-4FED-B1C4-DF9E91EFC4A9.thumb.jpeg.a290cb39b8fbd9636374d6179752aa5f.jpeg

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So you are talking about a wharf at Lelepa to dock a ship.

I don’t think we will see that for many years if at all . For a few ships  ,6 months of the year it wouldn’t warrant the money.

Maybe when Disney and Royal Caribbean merge it might happen.

Well the Chinese just gave PNG 13 million dollars to build a miliary hospital, so perhaps the Chinese might fund a wharf at Lelepa for the ships, but dual use... cruise ships and warships, lol.  China seems to be doing a few golden handshakes around the South Pacific.

Edited by NSWP

51 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Well the Chinese just gave PNG 13 million dollars to build a miliary hospital, so perhaps the Chinese might fund a wharf at Lelepa for the ships, but dual use... cruise ships and warships, lol.  China seems to be doing a few golden handshakes around the South Pacific.me out

Count of that situation uncle Les, I’m in the bad books with a couple of CCP cougars from Shanghai.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Count of that situation uncle Les, I’m in the bad books with a couple of CCP cougars from Shanghai.

Chili, I am concerned about your welfare on these RCI 🚢 I think you need a chaperone, lol.

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Chili, I am concerned about your welfare on these RCI 🚢 I think you need a chaperone, lol.

I’m concerned also uncle Les.

I have a date tomorrow with two of these cougars that somehow got my number. They said they are going to take me over the edge?? I don’t know what that means??

I hope it’s not over a cliff or something,you know like the end of that movie Thelma and Louise 

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m concerned also uncle Les.

I have a date tomorrow with two of these cougars that somehow got my number. They said they are going to take me over the edge?? I don’t know what that means??

I hope it’s not over a cliff or something,you know like the end of that movie Thelma and Louise 

Its all a scam Silly…the “edge” is a Celebrity ship not RCI .

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Weather is going to be a shocker to the east of New Caledonia for the next couple of days. The pic is the wave forecast for tomorrow morning. They are not taking any chances.

IDY30221.sigWaveHgt_039.png.86f5be1d9a269af604065f81254bb1a2.png

Looks more like a swarm of beetles to me .

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bretts173 said:

The Vanautu authorities closed the ports. Royal were at least proactive.

I think they all saw it coming. Pacific Encounter was supposed to be in Vila today but modified their itinerary a couple of days ago. Lifou today, and then bound for Sydney this afternoon.

• Like 1

All the ships have cleared the weather, but Carnival Splendor could have an interesting week ahead. They should make it Noumea OK, and they might just get lucky enough to change Noumea - Mystery - Noumea to an overnight in Noumea followed by Mystery Island - maybe.

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

Splendor pulled the pin early for Mystery Island due to weather, but they are now going to Lifou. 

Does Royal ever call in Lifou?

They used to with Voyager and Radiance class , I don’t think think Quantum class has.

• Like 1