Ovation on hold in Vila

Hogbay

12 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The beetle issue is supposed to be an issue if they leave Vila at dusk or later, attracted by the lights on the ship. As the ship left was due to leave at 6pm, that may be cutting it close, as sunset is around 6.25pm.

The ship left a bit later than scheduled. Hopefully no beetles were harmed.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Ovation is on the move ,Mystery Island bound ??

It looks like it tried the other day ???

Am I missing something here ??

Because of your beetles they swapped the itineraries around, where possible, so that they do Mystery (or is it Misery) Island before Vila.

I presume they didn't end up tendering at Mystery Island (again), and their extra day in Vila appears to be turning into a return to Noumea for tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Because of your beetles they swapped the itineraries around, where possible, so that they do Mystery (or is it Misery) Island before Vila.

I presume they didn't end up tendering at Mystery Island (again), and their extra day in Vila appears to be turning into a return to Noumea for tomorrow. 

Blaming my beetles again ,you know beetles have feelings LOL

Looks like excuse `A’ to me ,   good old medical evacuation.

On 1/10/2023 at 11:29 AM, Chiliburn said:

Bound for Sydney, must have dropped a patient off in Noumea.
Does P&O have so many medical incidents?

FEB2C33C-02F4-4763-9ECD-689A9BF54FA0.thumb.png.3978c55ddcbb1af11090c5214dd59eb0.png

Obviously not so many.

That is another consideration. The more the passengers on a ship, the more chance one will have a medical emergency. On top of that, throw in potential injuries from Flowrider, climbing walls, or other activities.

Ovation appears to be in a hurry to get to Sydney tonight??

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Trying to out run the beetles.

image.gif.d0512da7a51170d54026a5d48bc8d7de.gif

Chili, how come the beetles seem to prefer the RCI ships?  Are they after the delectable offerings in ye olde FOOD JAMMER? Sorry, Windjammer.🤣

Edited by NSWP

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Chili, how come the beetles seem to prefer the RCI ships?  Are they after the delectable offerings in ye olde FOOD JAMMER? Sorry, Windjammer.🤣

It’s a mystery to all of us uncle Les , I think they are using it for a excuse ,because they aren’t welcome to mystery island.

It’s a mystery like ,how a couple of cougars a couple of cruises back got my phone number and now are getting quite possessive.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It is that gorgeous baby blue hull, a beetle magnet.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s a mystery to all of us uncle Les , I think they are using it for a excuse ,because they aren’t welcome to mystery island.

It’s a mystery like ,how a couple of cougars a couple of cruises back got my phone number and now are getting quite possessive.

They are stalking you.lol.

• Haha 1

As someone who was on this cruise that just returned home today I will give the actual happenings. 

Our original itinerary was changed to put mystery island before Vila as our departure of 8pm breaks the biosecurity rules and we would be denied entry to mystery island.

After a perfect day in Noumea a change in the weather could be seen rolling in. Mystery island was very unlikely from the start and while for a lot of places the weather was ok, there was still decent winds and solid swell which was due to worsen as the day went on. I have been there in calm conditions and it can get sketchy as the day goes on.

So off to Vila the next day and a low hit early in the morning. Gale force winds, torrential rain and wild swell. Add to this visibility was virtually zero. After a couple of hours of attempting to get in they gave up and moved on. I have seen violent storms in the are that lasted a couple of hours but this weather was worse and lasted virtually all day. It would have been outright dangerous both days.

We received $200 OBC plus port fees. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

We have a success!

Quantum at Mystery Island today and Ovation due on Wednesday.

76F284DE-3EA3-4E76-8CDF-207F5346EE9C.thumb.png.6460f4a5e517314a55fcb518c1cdac22.png

No conspiracy, just bad luck so far. However hoping for everyone on board that the forecast for Ovation at Mystery Island on Thursday changes. Looks like what we had last week.

3 hours ago, bretts173 said:

No conspiracy, just bad luck so far. However hoping for everyone on board that the forecast for Ovation at Mystery Island on Thursday changes. Looks like what we had last week.

Do you think Lelepa would be effected by bad weather?

Havanna harbour is pretty well protected.

it’s been there all day ,so it looks that way mic

Yep have seen some pictures. Looks a perfect day. From what I can work out there is a bit more protection at Lelepea but they also won't be building it to send in tenders 

13 hours ago, bretts173 said:

Yep have seen some pictures. Looks a perfect day. From what I can work out there is a bit more protection at Lelepea but they also won't be building it to send in tenders 

So you are talking about a wharf at Lelepa to dock a ship.

I don’t think we will see that for many years if at all . For a few ships  ,6 months of the year it wouldn’t warrant the money.

Maybe when Disney and Royal Caribbean merge it might happen.

23 hours ago, bretts173 said:

Doesn't look good.

So you are talking about a wharf at Lelepa to dock a ship.

I don’t think we will see that for many years if at all . For a few ships  ,6 months of the year it wouldn’t warrant the money.

Maybe when Disney and Royal Caribbean merge it might happen.

I think once they have lelepa somewhat established, they will have a ship all year round, mainly out of Brisbane, some out of Sydney.