Free laundry? Elite, sky suite

George C

52 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Is a pair of socks one piece, or two?

A pair of pants, a pair of socks, a pair of shorts (undergutchies - what my family called them!)……all considered One. 

‘Pair’ kind of makes sense for shoes, glasses (unless you wear a monocle), gloves, socks….but pants? Turns out, pants, well pantaloons, came in two pieces, one for each leg.

But I bet you already really knew the answer….nobody washes one sock. And yes, I’m opening myself up on that one!

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

But I bet you already really knew the answer….nobody washes one sock. And yes, I’m opening myself up on that one!

A friend I often cruise with is an amputee.... he only washes one sock!  LOL

And I figured that socks would count as one item (that's how Royal classifies them on Royal ships), but then Royal is known as Really Consistently Inconsistent, so I figured it's better safe than sorry and asked the question anyway! 

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

Is a pair of socks one piece, or two?

2 socks equal one item.

You list your items on the laundry ticket and write Elite at the top. 
It can be interesting sometimes - I have a pair of pajamas that I sent that has a white top and blue shorts. The top looks like a t shirt, it is a t shirt but not. I didn’t think and listed as pajamas and didn’t get the top back. Our smart and intrepid cabin attendant found it for me, the top had been delivered to a couple of other cabins looking for it’s owner. On my next cruise I was much more careful about how I listed items.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

2 socks equal one item.

You list your items on the laundry ticket and write Elite at the top. 
It can be interesting sometimes - I have a pair of pajamas that I sent that has a white top and blue shorts. The top looks like a t shirt, it is a t shirt but not. I didn’t think and listed as pajamas and didn’t get the top back. Our smart and intrepid cabin attendant found it for me, the top had been delivered to a couple of other cabins looking for it’s owner. On my next cruise I was much more careful about how I listed items.

I have capri pants that are similar to sweatpants that I send with Royal's wash-n-fold, and I always cross out the "shorts" line and write "pants" just to make sure there's no confusion!

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I would assume 1 piece because the individual wash price is around 3 bucks/pair but you never know with Celebrity. 

That's why I asked.... you just never know! LOL