2024 itineraries?

Vineyard View

Oh, well.

In the meantime, and while we are the beautiful Silver Dawn, we have booked 2 cruises with Silversea for late 2024 and early 2025. Nothing available yet on Seabourn!

The onboard terms and the pricing that increases on 30 Nov clinched the deal.

Happy and healthy sailing!

5 hours ago, markham said:

I would also be concerned that Seabourn will be at a disadvantage when other cruise ships book space in ports and then late-comers are denied space on desired dates or relegated to tendering.

I had thought Seabourn would be at a disadvantage if they are planning their routes after other lines have already set their routes.  Markham, I noticed in another forum that you are now on SS Dawn.  I have a question about Silversea (if SB lets everyone down with 2024 routings).  How are you handling Silversea new pricing (Door to Door or Port to Port).  I've been trying to understand the implications of this new pricing system.  There seem to be issues with nonrefundable deposits if you choose P to P, and dissatisfaction with flights on D to D.  What are you choosing when you sail with them?

• Thanks 1

SLSD,

The plumb port births probably go first within size category, and if so SS has an advantage with its sailings into part of 2025 already.

Our experience with DTD is a good one, and we have not investigated getting out of the structure for a PTP alternative. The flexibility the cruise sales professionals (2 on Dawn) described and what we want including the very competitive business class upgrades (where applicable), and the idea that we can go and return a few days before and after the cruise makes it a convenient choice.

I am a BIG fan of Dawn, Muse and Moon! What they do they do very well. LOTS of deck space for those padded lounges - so no scroungers reserving theirs in sun and shade all day. You have a “calmer” clientele here, and the attention to detail plus quality in food, drinks and cabins are first class- so no bullying waiters for revenue wine glasses when house wine is served (which are superior to Seabourn’s). I could go on, but it is better to focus on specific matters.

About that topic on another thread about what a true luxury line should offer is a sit down MDR breakfast and lunch option… The Atlantide, Terrazza and Arts Cafe do breakfast and lunch every day. Poolside, Kaiseki and Spaccanopoli do lunch and dinner. SALT and La Dame do dinner. Which means more choice than Encore/Ovation offer with deep drill down specific menus. And more space per passenger in the restaurants- as is the case with the outdoor decks mentioned above.

We are on Quest soon for the South America grand voyage and are looking forward to the itinerary as this is an expedition-lite cruise. What Seabourn NEEDS to do, IMO, is boost the sophistication and quality of the MDR. It will be down to the chef to get it right, and I am hoping for local fresh seafood via a large budget. That said,  I expect that TK has sucked up a lot of expense, and I applaud E&O, but we cannot count on TK very often for obvious health concern reasons and E&O is vulnerable in bad weather. We shall see!

Best regards, too.

• Thanks 2

Very much agree with what previous poster has written.   Exception would be quality of meats on SS, and that does not bother me too much as I can live off salmon, pizza, and Swedish pancakes.   Also, there is not a chef on board a SB ship that has control of his kitchen.

We also feel that SS has an overall product superior to Seabourn. 

Initially sailed with SS many years ago and found the dining to be less than what we expected- switched to Seabourn and sailed on one of the triplets, all three of the midsize ships and then on to Encore. We were increasingly dissatisfied with the dining and Encore was the most frustrating experience as the ship felt overcrowded and the food was subpar.

We decided to revisit SS five years ago and never looked back. We loved the Spirit, Muse, and most recently Dawn. It just seems to be a more polished product- from the butler to perfect cocktails and the dining options. We love to dress for dinner and it appeared that our fellow passengers did as well. There is an intangible “feel” to each line and we are now most comfortable with SS -that makes the extra cost worthwhile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, markham said:

We are on Quest soon for the South America grand voyage and are looking forward to the itinerary as this is an expedition-lite cruise. What Seabourn NEEDS to do, IMO, is boost the sophistication and quality of the MDR. It will be down to the chef to get it right, and I am hoping for local fresh seafood via a large budget. That said,  I expect that TK has sucked up a lot of expense, and I applaud E&O, but we cannot count on TK very often for obvious health concern reasons and E&O is vulnerable in bad weather. We shall see!

Best regards, too.

Thank you Markham.  I asked about SS here instead of over on the SS forum as I know you and wanted to know your opinions/experience instead of people not known to me.  

Mr. SLSD is keen to go on Silversea again.  I think I know what you mean about a calmer clientele. We should fit right in or at least be unobtrusive.   And, we would definitely try one of the newer SS ships instead of the older, smaller ones.  

I have one more question--if you choose DtoD on SS, do you have to stay in the hotel they choose?  And if so, what have you thought about the quality of the hotel SS has chosen?  We also like to go several days early and prefer a hotel with a pleasant restaurant and bar.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2022 at 7:28 AM, SLSD said:

I had thought Seabourn would be at a disadvantage if they are planning their routes after other lines have already set their routes.

I would guess that Seabourn has many/most of their port berths locked up for 2024 and later even though they haven't yet published their itineraries. In other words, I think they know pretty much where their ships are going well before the schedule is published. I don't know why they publish their schedules later than other cruise lines, but perhaps it has more to do with setting their pricing. Their contracts for food, fuel and staff are the major variables in their costs; by waiting until closer to sailing, they can get a firmer handle on what their true costs will be than cruise lines which have to guess more about costs three years into the future. 

Thank you for so many and various responses. We are sailing with Seabourn in May for the first time. Itinerary is important. I looked at several lines for 2024, and was disappointed to not be able to view Seabourn. We will be traveling with friends in ‘24 who would prefer a focus on Italy, and since we have sailed and land tripped quite a bit ourselves in the country, I was looking for a bit different ports. After reading a lot of positive here on SS, I looked there, as well as Regent, Viking ( which we are fans of), Oceania, and Azamara. Maybe I am missing someone I should be looking at, but so far Azamara has the most potential from an itinerary standpoint, however we have not sailed on them. From what I have read here and on other threads, Seabourn and SS seem most comfortable for us from afar. It’s just strange to me that if everyone else can predetermine costs and itineraries at this point -  at least through mid June 2024, that Seabourn has not done so.  

• Like 2

SLSD,

DTD includes transfers and Econ air. You can pay a SS supplement for Business class. Propose the flights you want to your TA early on post-booking.

A hotel is included if you must arrive by air too late for the embarkation. A sure thing from Texas!  Your TA will advise you what hotel this is and if it is ok then you might as well add nights to retain the arrival and departure transfers. Eg our Mumbai hotel in 2025 is on our reservation as the Taj Tower which suits me fine, and I will add 2 or 3 nights via SS at their rate. Just easier for that city!

This is unusual as SS hasn’t chosen our Nov 23 or 24 hotels in Barcelona and Lisbon. Maybe they think we will agree to a same day arrival from London? If so, we will try to organize our hotel via our TA with SS to protect our transfers. Or not.

A smart TA and NOT SS direct is the right way to go so you have no conflicts of interest when you want your way and SS has another position.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markham said:

A smart TA and NOT SS direct is the right way to go so you have no conflicts of interest when you want your way and SS has another position.

Yes, we always use a TA and not a cruise line representative.  

1 hour ago, nancygp said:

The summer 2024 and many fall itineraries are on seabourn’s website…posted yesterday

nancy

Thank you!  I will take a look.  By the way, the topic I started about the tragic accident on a Viking Polaris Antarctic trip was deleted by admins.  While it was not specifically about Seabourn, I thought it would be of interest.  Also, perhaps the summary I gave of a guest's FB post was considered second hand.  I apologize for that--but it was a true heartfelt account by someone who went through something horrific.  The deletion felt like that the powers that be behind CC don't want any of the dangers of cruising that area to be discussed.  

I am looking forward to cruising with SB again and we will be looking at the new itineraries.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nancygp said:

The summer 2024 and many fall itineraries are on seabourn’s website…posted yesterday

Nothing posted yet for either Venture or Pursuit in summer 2024, as best I can see. Am I missing something?

Thank you Nancy. Appreciate this update. 
Guess no Cyber Monday or Black Friday deals for 2024 😉

I was looking at Mediterranean and I am really wondering if all of them are posted yet up to June. 

Edited by Vineyard View

Just now, Vineyard View said:

Thank you Nancy. Appreciate this update. 
Guess no Cyber Monday or Black Friday deals for 2024 😉

You’re welcome…no deal right now!  Glad I got the Black Friday deals for my recent 2023 bookings…hoping to see some deals for 24 in the near future

Nancy

• Like 1