New questions

Jancruz

3 hours ago, Orator said:

There are always new cruisers and new to Oceania cruisers who ask what to the OP is "the same questions". I am a new to Oceania cruiser who has taken more than 150 cruises on other lines. I still have questions about policies on Oceania that might be the same or different from other lines. If you don't like a question, just ignore. But understand that the question is usually important to the one who asked.

My thoughts exactly!!  We are experienced cruisers as well, but new to Oceania, and I have found lots of good information by reading through the posts.  If the questions/answers are repetitive or boring to long time Oceania cruisers, I ask for your indulgence.  It's probably best that you just skip over the whole topic of the post.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, meg1021 said:

My thoughts exactly!!  We are experienced cruisers as well, but new to Oceania, and I have found lots of good information by reading through the posts.  If the questions/answers are repetitive or boring to long time Oceania cruisers, I ask for your indulgence.  It's probably best that you just skip over the whole topic of the post.

Pfft its never a prob Rio help, I am nowhere near as experienced an O cruise as most on here but happy to help where I can. 

I’ve had almost exclusively good experienced on O, some very bad misses, but still my line of choice, I may be a bit of a cheerleader, but I will call them out if I think they have done wrong. 

• Like 1

Jancruz, is there a way to get info on whether the Myanmar stops are still on for next year?  We are scheduled there in May.  All next year, there are only 3 O ships, one Regent, and one Viking scheduled to stop in Myanmar.  Between sanctions and the coup, I’m wondering if O still plans to visit the port.

On 11/29/2022 at 1:55 PM, LHT28 said:

Ask your TA or O  for the PDF file of the excursions

Our TA usually included  it with our email with the invoice

Thanks for this info.  My TA did not know how to/could not produce the PDF, so I called Oceania Cruises and had someone there e-mail it to me.  I have it now.

I’m puzzled why the Oceania website does not have this available when I pull up my booking.  That would be been so much easier for most of us.

Perhaps this PDF file is downloadable from the website.  I haven’t figured out how to get to it though.

Naoyuki

Edited by Psoque

10 minutes ago, Psoque said:

Thanks for this info.  My TA did not know how to/could not produce the PDF, so I called Oceania Cruises and had someone there e-mail it to me.  I have it now.

Your TA could have contacted O to find out how to get it  for their clients  🤔

My TA  has no problem attaching it to our invoice   when she emails it  to us

17 hours ago, the more ports the better said:

Jancruz, is there a way to get info on whether the Myanmar stops are still on for next year?  We are scheduled there in May.  All next year, there are only 3 O ships, one Regent, and one Viking scheduled to stop in Myanmar.  Between sanctions and the coup, I’m wondering if O still plans to visit the port.

O doesnt decide about ports until very close to sailing so if I ask them I will get the answer we havent decided yet..post again closer to sailing an I will ask..

Jancruz1

11 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

By the way, I am planning on going on RVA  March 12 and Vista May 6 so I will be posting while on board..at my age all I can do is plan..LOL

Jaancruz1

You  are  well ahead of me  LOL

Enjoy

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Your TA could have contacted O to find out how to get it  for their clients  🤔

My TA  has no problem attaching it to our invoice   when she emails it  to us

Yes, I’ve had this TA for many years, but I believe he is approaching his actual retirement.

20 hours ago, the more ports the better said:

We did Myanmar with O back in 2018.

If they do go there we highly recommend the overnight in Bagan if it's still offered. 

On 11/29/2022 at 1:46 PM, Psoque said:

Many years ago, most cruise lines sent us a booklet of available excursions for your particular itinerary with price information.  Obviously, this format is no longer used by most cruise lines, but it was a great way to help us research the individual tour option and make notes on it to help

I don’t know how soon your cruise will be. Approximately 3 weeks from your cruise, if your TA has shared your address with Oceania, you will be receiving your “blue” book. (No longer blue but rather a folder of books). One of the handsome books is excursions - very nicely laid out by port.

19 minutes ago, Robjame said:

I don’t know how soon your cruise will be. Approximately 3 weeks from your cruise, if your TA has shared your address with Oceania, you will be receiving your “blue” book. (No longer blue but rather a folder of books). One of the handsome books is excursions - very nicely laid out by port.

and that may or may not have the correct ports in it..it is published further in advance then the cruise line makes up their minds..

Jancrruz1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Acrusa said:

We did Myanmar with O back in 2018.

If they do go there we highly recommend the overnight in Bagan if it's still offered. 

Thanks, It is offered and I did book it.  That was kind of the reason we chose a sailing with a stop in Myanmar.  I’m glad to get the positive feed back.  Thx again!

Just a general q, but I know someone will know. We won’t get a blue book (again!) so no luggage tags. When we rock up at Terminal J in Miami, will there be an O representative who will give us some tags before the bags gets whisked away by porters? I would rather sort all that out rather than drag my stuf into the terminal to find someone. 

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Just a general q, but I know someone will know. We won’t get a blue book (again!) so no luggage tags. When we rock up at Terminal J in Miami, will there be an O representative who will give us some tags before the bags gets whisked away by porters? I would rather sort all that out rather than drag my stuf into the terminal to find someone. 

Thanks!

Even though they don’t do the Blue Book per se, we still got a mailing from O with the luggage tags and a definition of the tours offered. It came 3 weeks or so pre cruise.

• Like 1

Just now, pinotlover said:

Even though they don’t do the Blue Book per se, we still got a mailing from O with the luggage tags and a definition of the tours offered. It came 3 weeks or so pre cruise.

2 cruises this year, never got anything through the mail from O 😞 Hence believing it’s not going to happen this time. 

10 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Thanks!

the porter  will have blank tags  just let them know you do not have yours

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For our Riviera cruise this past September we did not receive any pre cruise “book” or luggage tags,   When I asked TA about it she called O and they said there was an error in printing addresses and it was to close to sailing to rectify.

So I made my own luggage tags.  I had some clear holders with metal loops I had bought on Amazon for an X cruise (which has print at home tags).  I printed up labels with O logo, ship and sailing date, stateroom number and our names.  Guy at the pier when he asked if we had tags, looked at them and said “these are the best tags I have ever seen”.  😃

They are sturdy and reusable, so I will do it again.

Here is what I ordered:   https://smile.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Caribbean-Celebrity-Essentials/dp/B09Q94FLCC/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=72IRFHTK6ECQ&keywords=celebrity+cruise+luggage+tag+holder+2022&qid=1670093346&sprefix=Celebrity+cruise%2Caps%2C447&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzODE2RFRWVUROQ1U2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTI3MzQzMzdHR0ZXWkxUTEVaTiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjA5NDYwMVhOMFg4Q0lQQkVITyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Joe

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ToxM said:

I don’t believe so. I am going to call O on Monday and find out whether this is a cheapskate UK thing they have going on.   

Maybe other UK  Pax  will comment on whether they got the  tags/booklet  or not