New questions

Jancruz

What changes is O considering to attract gen-X (and younger) while keeping baby boomers and greatest-generation happy? I've seen comments that Ember (on Vista) is supposed to appeal to the younger crowd but I'm not sure what about it is appealing. I also saw that the cocktail menu is getting additions which is on trend, but the lack of decent beers, ciders, and flavored seltzers (e.g., LaCroix) seems odd.

P.S. The plant-based menu is an excellent start...on the right track there I think.

Edited by AMHuntFerry

24 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

What changes is O considering to attract gen-X (and younger) while keeping baby boomers and greatest-generation happy? I've seen comments that Ember (on Vista) is supposed to appeal to the younger crowd but I'm not sure what about it is appealing. I also saw that the cocktail menu is getting additions which is on trend, but the lack of decent beers, ciders, and flavored seltzers (e.g., LaCroix) seems odd.

P.S. The plant-based menu is an excellent start...on the right track there I think.

Oops, I realized I forgot the forgotten-generation to which my parents and in-laws belong. Sorry!!

Jan, I’m planning a family Alaska cruise in 2025 for my “special” birthday. My grandkids will be 15 & 17. Have you done this cruise on O with your grandkids? If not, which other cruise line would you recommend? I don’t like huge ships & am afraid food on others would be disappointing. I understand O has something for kids on some Alaska cruises, but unsure how fun it would be for them or if it would include older teens.

I’d appreciate any input from you or others who’ve done this. TIA!

This is a silly question - why do the dining room chairs have seats low? Being petite always find the dining room chairs in GDR and Specialities very low? Do request a cushion in Red Ginger which isn't a problem however, not always easy to get in other dining venues.  Have no issue with seat height in Waves or in the Terrace.  Can't be the only shorter/petite person in height that has this issue?  DH has no problem. Just curious...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Doesn't anyone have new questions to ask everything on here is redundant with lots of answers already given..I will be happy to answer anything new..

Jancuz1

I am sure there will be loads of questions once the Riviera TA gets going and people can see the refit. 

11 hours ago, schmerl said:

How are the blow dryers on the Riviera?  That's a new question. 

First time on a ship that I was able to use theirs and pack mine away.  I don't recall the brand but great force and heat.   

• Like 3

Leave the hairdryer at home.  One thing, you can not use the hairdryer in the bathroom, it is to be plugged into electrical plugs in the cabin by the makeup station if in a Suite or desk areas in other rooms.

Enjoy, Mauibabes 

• Like 1

There are always new cruisers and new to Oceania cruisers who ask what to the OP is "the same questions". I am a new to Oceania cruiser who has taken more than 150 cruises on other lines. I still have questions about policies on Oceania that might be the same or different from other lines. If you don't like a question, just ignore. But understand that the question is usually important to the one who asked.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Orator said:

There are always new cruisers and new to Oceania cruisers who ask what to the OP is "the same questions". I am a new to Oceania cruiser who has taken more than 150 cruises on other lines. I still have questions about policies on Oceania that might be the same or different from other lines. If you don't like a question, just ignore. But understand that the question is usually important to the one who asked.

Agreed, the board will never be redundant, the more experienced posters will always be a bit grumpy, but they have good knowledge to impart if you see push past the gruff. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 1:19 PM, Robjame said:

How is the update of the Riviera coming? Will they be ready for the December 7 cruise? Changes? Deletions?

Hi Jan,

She is better than new and no delays, she is looking amazing thus far. Cannot wait for you to see her! Hope all is well.

Jancruz1

• Thanks 3

Hopefully, this is a “new” question:

I see that, like many other cruise lines, Oceania has been showing the list of available shore excursions with prices online.  The complete information is only available by logging into my account.  This is fine, but I am trying to see what is the best/easiest way to pass this information to my husband so that we can discuss what we want to book.

Many years ago, most cruise lines sent us a booklet of available excursions for your particular itinerary with price information.  Obviously, this format is no longer used by most cruise lines, but it was a great way to help us research the individual tour option and make notes on it to help us decide.

Is there a way to print out all of our excursion options with pricing information?  Does Oceania provide something, perhaps in PDF format?  Or is that something I have to cut and paste on my own?

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Psoque said:

I see that, like many other cruise lines, Oceania has been showing the list of available shore excursions with prices online.  The complete information is only available by logging into my account.  This is fine, but I am trying to see what is the best/easiest way to pass this information to my husband so that we can discuss what we want to book.

Many years ago, most cruise lines sent us a booklet of available excursions for your particular itinerary with price information.  Obviously, this format is no longer used by most cruise lines, but it was a great way to help us research the individual tour option and make notes on it to help us decide.

Is there a way to print out all of our excursion options with pricing information?  Does Oceania provide something, perhaps in PDF format?  Or is that something I have to cut and paste on my own?

Thanks.

Ask your TA or O  for the PDF file of the excursions

Our TA usually included  it with our email with the invoice

8 minutes ago, Psoque said:

Thanks.

Our TA sends us the pdf.

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

Ask your TA or O  for the PDF file of the excursions

Out TA usually included  it with our email with the invoice

Beat by seconds, again.  I need to up my game 😄

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Haha 1

I get the pdf and print it off or head to Kinko’s or similar shop and have enough printed off for ourselves or any friends traveling with us.  After a review period, we all throw out our ideas and bookem Dano. 
rhe pdf is readily available from O and for me it is easier than reading it all on line in our Account.

some people just like paper 😇

Mauibabes. 

2 hours ago, Orator said:

I believe the answers can often be found with a simple search of either forum or on Google. Two examples: Dress Code questions are poisonous but a simple google search will send one to a thread on CC where they can read DC discussions for hours. Same goes with bringing wine or alcohol abroad Oceania ships. Search it and then read about it in CC as long as you like. Someone starting a new DC thread every couple of weeks is ridiculous. Oh, and I don’t respond to those.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1