New questions

Jancruz

You do not need to get the luggage tags in advance.  While it is fun to get them in before you leave home, you can get them at the port.  On my last cruise I never received the "bluebook."  I added the luggage tags at the port in Miami.  Please to do not stress over this.  Have a great cruise!

8 hours ago, Twiga said:

You do not need to get the luggage tags in advance.  While it is fun to get them in before you leave home, you can get them at the port.  On my last cruise I never received the "bluebook."  I added the luggage tags at the port in Miami.  Please to do not stress over this.  Have a great cruise!

On my last two O cruises this year I didn’t receivable the blue book. As you say its a minor inconvenience, but I want to know why I am not getting it. 

This is not my first rodeo LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

O is apparently shipping the Blue Books (2) directly from the printers in New Jersey.  We received our on Friday for an 18 Dec cruise.

FWIW.  We received our "blue books" today (12/6/2022) for a December 28 cruise on Insignia directly from the printers in New Jersey.

19 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

O is apparently shipping the Blue Books (2) directly from the printers in New Jersey.  We received our on Friday for an 18 Dec cruise.

Paul we are on the same cruise as you.  My husband wants to know the devices/system you use to improve the Marina's internet because he has business he needs to do while we are gone.  Thank you in advance.

41 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

Paul we are on the same cruise as you.  My husband wants to know the devices/system you use to improve the Marina's internet because he has business he needs to do while we are gone.  Thank you in advance.

That is a good question because I wonder the same.

Make sure you have a VPN on your phone, tablet or PC.  It will allow you to bypass some the restrictions that EMC the contractor has plus also might eliminate some issues with block IP addresses.  I have used cyberghost, nord and norton without issues.

I am hoping satellite coverage will be better than my recent transatlantic.  It should be.

Use the internet for work during non peak hours.  That means before 8am and after 10pm.  The issue is generally bandwidth limitation and too many users.  That is something we have no control over.

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, govanguy said:

Prestige Select drinks package.

Can I use this package whilst on Great Stirrup Cay?

The last time we stopped there was in 2020 and at that time  using our prestige package was not an option on GSC....cash or credit card.  Hope someone else chimes in with more current info for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jonthomas said:

we will be doing our 5th O cruise on Jan 4 , 2023, a month from now. When can we see the loyalty Obcs  show up in our acct? or do we have to call? or does it happen when ON the ship?

Get a new invoice for the Jan cruise now that you've completed your 4th one. It should show the Bronze perks on it. Once that's in their system it should show up on your Manage cruise acct. You should also get a hat and a tote bag, which I've never been able to get. 

On 11/28/2022 at 4:52 AM, espmass said:

First time on a ship that I was able to use theirs and pack mine away.  I don't recall the brand but great force and heat.   

Is there a nozzle on the hair dryer and does it remain on without constantly depressing the 'on' button and what is the wattage?

9 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

Is there a nozzle on the hair dryer and does it remain on without constantly depressing the 'on' button and what is the wattage?

There was a nozzle and it did remain on when not pushed.  I don't recall the wattage but mine at home is 1600 watt and the ship dryer was as forcefull.  

Oceania sent out emails about which cabins will retain bathtubs after the refurbishment of the Marina in 2023, but it looks like they are booking all weeks, so I assume the refurbishment will not happen or has been pushed back.  Do you know anything about that?  Thanks

On 12/6/2022 at 3:21 PM, PaulMCO said:

What is a "Blue Book"?

We got documents and luggage tags for our Jan 4 cruise the other day, nothing else.

25 minutes ago, pete_coach said:

What is a "Blue Book"?

We got documents and luggage tags for our Jan 4 cruise the other day, nothing else.

They are  no longer  sending Blue Books    so you got  the new  version of  documents

Us  long time O cruisers  still use the  term "Blue Books "

as long  as you get  the luggage tags   that is  all that really matters  ..even then  no big deal 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benita said:

Oceania sent out emails about which cabins will retain bathtubs after the refurbishment of the Marina in 2023, but it looks like they are booking all weeks, so I assume the refurbishment will not happen or has been pushed back.  Do you know anything about that?  Thanks

Yes Marina   refit  has been delayed  until 2024  maybe later  who knows

There is  a thread here on the  topic

4 hours ago, dkbustr said:

Hello Jan, 

Any idea who the CD will be on the Vista?

Mike

Usually Leslie Jon opens the ships but he told me he wasnt going to be on Vista ..

I will check and see if they have decided whos opening....

Jancruz1

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2022 at 7:29 PM, Jancruz said:

Usually Leslie Jon opens the ships but he told me he wasnt going to be on Vista ..

I will check and see if they have decided whos opening....

Jancruz1

Paul Baya is opening Vista.

On 12/1/2022 at 12:43 PM, Jancruz said:

By the way, I am planning on going on RVA  March 12 and Vista May 6 so I will be posting while on board..at my age all I can do is plan..LOL

Jaancruz1

Heard you play a good game of Canasta..   Have fun as we will be reading your posts..

On 12/8/2022 at 10:29 AM, LHT28 said:

They are  no longer  sending Blue Books    so you got  the new  version of  documents

Us  long time O cruisers  still use the  term "Blue Books "

as long  as you get  the luggage tags   that is  all that really matters  ..even then  no big deal 😉

They really are still blue.  Just separated into two books.  One with the excursions and one with your data and general ship info including deck plan and cabin info.

IMG_3022.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

They really are still blue.  Just separated into two books.  One with the excursions and one with your data and general ship info including deck plan and cabin info.

IMG_3022.jpg

In Sept our two books came inside a brown folder. Did yours not? 

23 minutes ago, ORV said:

In Sept our two books came inside a brown folder. Did yours not? 

Yes they we in a folder that was too big to conveniently pack and went into the round file.

The cutout luggage tag are the same type that Regent is using.