Truly private balconies on the Royal

damiross

The Royal does not have the stacked, tiered design with dolphin deck, with the larger balconies on Caribe, that extend further than the balconies above.  On Royal, none are extended, uncovered, and visible.  Of course, on those other ships, the Caribe deck has extended balconies where they are deeper than others, so they are partially covered with the end of the balcony extended out, uncovered, and visible.

The one issue might be balconies that are on the mid-ship bumpout under the sea-walk.

Especially those on the starboard side.  Those balconies on the upper decks do not have any privacy.

Aft wake-view balconies will be different,  I am thinking that some of them are only partially covered and visible from above.  But I am not familiar with the details.

6 hours ago, damiross said:

I've been on the Grand, Ruby, and Crown.  If I remember correctly, only Aloha and Baja decks have balconies that are really private. On the Royal, can others look into your balcony from decks above?  

Thanks in advance.

I recently stayed in M108 on Royal. It was extremely private. Here are some photos taken from that balcony showing the port side cabins 

A6854B7B-CEB6-40D2-8737-843D015F6A0E.jpeg

670B2738-7F37-439B-AD74-DE9CA6E1274D.jpeg

CC8450BB-04A2-4466-9AA6-97C48371232D.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1

On the Royal Princess midship balconies under the skywalk are clearly visible from the skywalk. Balconies on the first few upper decks are in a direct close sight line of people walking on the skywalk. The lower deck balconies are still visible but further away. Port side is a little better than starboard. The line of sight on the port side is somewhat blocked by the seaview bar.

WillTravel,  I am glad you posted.  That angled balcony there does make other balconies very visible!  And, I haven't seen that mentioned much.  Thanks!

This reminds me that the angled balconies on Lido, L301 AND L302 also makes the nearby balconies visible.

While this shop does not have the tiered design which makes certain decks overlooked by others, there are these exceptions. 

Hope this helps this poster.

DON, I would say "Hopefully something naughty!!!". 

But, doesn't have to any reason other than somebody isn't comfortable with the idea of numerous other strangers could always be there, overlooking.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, donaldsc said:

What are planning to do on the balcony that requires total privacy?

DON

What anybody would do on a private balcony.  😉

I like privacy.

Edited by damiross

22 minutes ago, damiross said:

What anybody would do on a private balcony.  😉

I like privacy.

I was once on a ship docked at some Caribbean port.  Two men were arrested for doing something unacceptable (by local laws) on their balcony.  

I do not have any more particulars.