Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

Thank You CC Mods for re-opening this thread! ❤ Sid has a massive following, there are a lot of older aged lurkers like myself who follow his antics. He puts a smile on our faces and makes us grateful for the small everyday things we all take forgranted. 

Thank you Sid for your wonderful writings, please keep on blogging.

Best wishes to all.

Anne

• Like 15

I got a chance at lunch break today to start making my thank you list... I'm up to page 11 already, but still a longgg way to go. I promise to try and finish it before this weekend is over... Here's a preview from the first eleven pages. 

Screenshot_20221220-122916.thumb.png.f88a623e6afc4489438f4810a354b3be.png

Screenshot_20221220-122930.png

• Like 24

On 12/3/2022 at 8:04 PM, sid_9169 said:

It was great, but I could've eaten a lot more for a lot less elsewhere... But, you only live once...

My sister and I shout out YOLO YCTIWY (pronounced Yo-Lo Yick-tih-wee) whenever we want to justify spending extra money! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 12/3/2022 at 9:43 PM, sid_9169 said:

Pretty expensive adventure here on my first official day on vacation... Between lunch, dinner, drinks, after dinner drinks, tips, and Ubers, I'm into it for well over four hundred bucks... That's almost as much as my entire Cheers beverage package for the week. What's the saying? "You can't take it with you"... In my case, most of it will end up in the sewer system by morning...

I repeat… YOLO YCTIWY

• Like 1

I finally made it to the end of your great review.  We were on Voyager of the Seas when you were doing this and departed out of OSJ.  We spent two days before the cruise and one after there.  We were standing at the point where you took the picture of La Perla and we saw a couple of people go down the stairs heading to the buildings below and the really funky colored basketball court.  We didn't know it has a bad reputation as it apparently does but we decided against going any further.  We are glad we did.  Once again thanks for the great review.  

It is nice to get a few reviews from people that don't stay in suites.  I appreciate them all but especially the ones that give different viewpoints. 

• Like 6

Good afternoon fellow and female Cruise Critics... Sort of a "good news / bad news" type of situation here. Before I left work for our holiday break, I started tabulating all the usernames for my traditional thank you list. Well, at a certain point it became untenable in the sense that there were just SO MANY NAMES that I couldn't remember which ones I'd come across already, and which ones I hadn't... In compromise, I just clicked on the "following" tab and it brought up the list of usernames in alphabetical order... Okay, at least this is something I can work with, BUT when I got to the very end, it said "and 41 more"... So, in the end, either names were going to be duplicated or left out completely... 

Fast forward to when I had finished typing all the usernames into my Chromebook, and the WiFi went out. So, now I can't sync my list in order to upload it... Anyhoo, I just wanted to drop in and let you all know that I haven't forgotten about you. This holiday break has been a doozy to say the least. My mom and her husband got sick before Christmas, and then on Christmas Eve, I started coming down with something. Mine came and went, but my mom is still sick... Long story even longer, we STILL haven't even had Christmas yet, and it'll probably be at least this coming weekend before that happens. However, I do promise to upload the list that I do have tomorrow at work. Sorry to the 41 names that Cruise Critic decided to leave off the alphabetical list... 

In exactly four weeks from today I'll be heading down to Port Canaveral to board the new Norwegian Prima, in what will likely be my last "BIG" Live Review... I'm not officially retiring forever, but the only cruise I have currently booked after that is Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady, which I've been on three times now, and done two Live Reviews... There's not really anything else for me to cover when it comes to that particular vessel... Who knows, we'll see what happens in the future, but the Prima is currently happening on or around the first week of February... I hope to see you all here for that, and as soon as the WiFi will cooperate, I will upload the traditional thank you list... I just wanted to come back and say how much I appreciate all of you readers who followed along and supported me throughout the adventure...

• Like 30

Well, the time has finally come for me thank all of you personally for being a huge part of this "review" that may or may not have swerved out of control on more than one occasion... The cruise itself was phenomenal, and it seemed like I had found my "groove" that I feared had been lost at a certain point... All of the great food and drinks consumed, and the great walkabouts in strange and far away places... I've almost lost track of all the money I'd spent, however my credit card bills reminded me exactly how much, all the way down to the penny. I'm now settled back into reality, and that really set in big-time this morning when I arrived back at work, after being off since before Christmas. I just wanted to return for a moment and give thanks to all of you who were a part of this awesome adventure. So, without further adeiu, here's the official, better late than never list of all of you who were there along the way. I normally like to do this "in order of first appearance", but I ended up having to just copy the list of those following in alphabetical order... Again, it was all of you who encouraged me along the way and beyond... 

#55work2play, 19cruiser59, 2Shoes2go, 3 Kitty Mommy, 300dtc, 30palms, 4ptjo, adam3313, adonsr, AKR2011, altajewel, AmyJA, Asteroid, atinys, az4ship, balcony bound, bandjwayne, beachbum6264, beaullah13, Beav1279, bellyup, Bibs63, bigdog60, BigNance, blarko, bluetardis, bmcole760, BohJang, bontx33, budgirl, Buffalobills, CallistaSkye, candasun, Cap’n Ron, carnivalkid, CC Help Michell, Cccc89, ccd228, ceilidh1, cellfree, CelticMCO, chuffy06, cm071907, cml4958, Colorado Beach Bum, Cool Cowie, coondog99, Cousin Eddie, cowboy$fan, crewsweeper, cruisebarbie, cruisehappyinJune, Cruisercl, cruises42, CruisinMama2003, cruizer75, CruzinSusan70, crusin_hillbilly, cruz lover, Cscomedygrl, csr10236, ctcruise, CurtandLeslie, d12j28, dallasdan, DandytheCop, DanvilleCruiser, DeanDeeDee, Debcork, deedle7544, deelightfull, dezertcruzer, dgene84, DianneK89, dliteu, DOCDOG, doublek2, Drebbie, Drose716, dvt56, Elsammo46, eltigre, ema773, emm126, epicureans, erikb923, es68palmtree, Falconrunner26, fethyeden, figmentfreak, FlyingCruiserNJ, fralon66, Funflygirl, fwbgirlie, gambler, gamblinggrandma, GaspareandNancy33, Gatorcruiser, gd_at_sea, gigito5, goofy2010, grammymarcia, Greenpea2, gypsydeb, hapytobehr, hard_eight, Harleydidi, hazelnut68, heffy2, HeyJut, hkateach, hockeyluver, Hogladyrider, Homala, Hooked Already, HoosierCruzer19, Houst, HxFx, icft, iknbrgr, jamie717, Jamman54, JandPB, janpatch, Jay5, jbhcw, Jenzoe888, jmklade, joanh, JoeTec, joetricia, Joetta883, jshell2202, judyher, jules7883, justacrusin, KA11, Kaggie3, Kansaslunchlady, karriec, kelkel2, Ken076, khewston, Kilo November, Kim L, kingston13, Knights on the Beach, ktmush2, kwokpot, kydems, Ladyfunk25, lappy22, laprof, LatinaInTexas, lazydayz, Lduane1815, Lem_On_Ade, letteanne, LincolnLegend, LindyWebb, livetocruise2005, locchiato, LorriSG, LynnTH, mac208, mama0413, MandR1222, marcanbr, mcgore83, Megan_Strick, MeMetwo, meskel503, Michelle236, mimi7ccr, mimito4, MistyRo76, MizMoon, MizzT, MJK Cruiser, mmsandtrap, MObeachbaby, mom2tcdx2, mommio, monykalyn, Moonglo, mopedmom1, Mrs.C05, Munchy1313, MzShae, N7786W Flyer, nanaof14, NancyC, NeaNea, newdestination, ninjacat123, nolden17, nwcruiselover, ober134, OddJob, odie1024, patches33, pbxtech, pcrum, pcvtmom, pebbles1102, pinklucky61, pinto18, PittsburghGirlee, Playhouse05, Posesmom, prbffd28, pretty princess, Prnsessmoi, psmom227, Psych526, puglover13, purpleally, Putter23, Ragdollbd, ray98, RenoNanaOz, richbum, riktishaw, Rob3640, RoperDK, rtfnl, rwest898, Sadebud, Saint Greg, sanmarcosman, Sarnia 432, SenatorsFan, Shaded Lady, shari1737, shdixon, Shell557, Sjdcella, SkipsMom, Slainte57, soulsistah007, spiritkat090909, Steph0224, stingray310, Sugar67, Sunandslots, SunshineGal2022, sydgal, Tangojango, taznremmy, tcmagnum, TERTOG, Thenagers, TheresaP., threedjmay, TN Roz, TNVolnteerCruiser, TPG40, tradewinds traveler, Travelicious, twentypearls, Tyler414, Ultimate Suntan, Utenaleina, VictorWI, VIFP1987, vswan, wajowander2011, Wanna_Cruize, wbrownmtsu, Webecruzen, WES143, wesorbeth, WhaleTailFlCruiser, wheelssilver, WhiteOptima, whykikiiii, widerberg, xkritter, Zelda Schwartz, zencruisers, Zignewt, ZoeyVictoria, …

• Like 25
  • Thanks 18

4 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Well, the time has finally come for me thank all of you personally for being a huge part of this "review" that may or may not have swerved out of control on more than one occasion... The cruise itself was phenomenal, and it seemed like I had found my "groove" that I feared had been lost at a certain point... All of the great food and drinks consumed, and the great walkabouts in strange and far away places... I've almost lost track of all the money I'd spent, however my credit card bills reminded me exactly how much, all the way down to the penny. I'm now settled back into reality, and that really set in big-time this morning when I arrived back at work, after being off since before Christmas. I just wanted to return for a moment and give thanks to all of you who were a part of this awesome adventure. So, without further adeiu, here's the official, better late than never list of all of you who were there along the way. I normally like to do this "in order of first appearance", but I ended up having to just copy the list of those following in alphabetical order... Again, it was all of you who encouraged me along the way and beyond... 

#55work2play, 19cruiser59, 2Shoes2go, 3 Kitty Mommy, 300dtc, 30palms, 4ptjo, adam3313, adonsr, AKR2011, altajewel, AmyJA, Asteroid, atinys, az4ship, balcony bound, bandjwayne, beachbum6264, beaullah13, Beav1279, bellyup, Bibs63, bigdog60, BigNance, blarko, bluetardis, bmcole760, BohJang, bontx33, budgirl, Buffalobills, CallistaSkye, candasun, Cap’n Ron, carnivalkid, CC Help Michell, Cccc89, ccd228, ceilidh1, cellfree, CelticMCO, chuffy06, cm071907, cml4958, Colorado Beach Bum, Cool Cowie, coondog99, Cousin Eddie, cowboy$fan, crewsweeper, cruisebarbie, cruisehappyinJune, Cruisercl, cruises42, CruisinMama2003, cruizer75, CruzinSusan70, crusin_hillbilly, cruz lover, Cscomedygrl, csr10236, ctcruise, CurtandLeslie, d12j28, dallasdan, DandytheCop, DanvilleCruiser, DeanDeeDee, Debcork, deedle7544, deelightfull, dezertcruzer, dgene84, DianneK89, dliteu, DOCDOG, doublek2, Drebbie, Drose716, dvt56, Elsammo46, eltigre, ema773, emm126, epicureans, erikb923, es68palmtree, Falconrunner26, fethyeden, figmentfreak, FlyingCruiserNJ, fralon66, Funflygirl, fwbgirlie, gambler, gamblinggrandma, GaspareandNancy33, Gatorcruiser, gd_at_sea, gigito5, goofy2010, grammymarcia, Greenpea2, gypsydeb, hapytobehr, hard_eight, Harleydidi, hazelnut68, heffy2, HeyJut, hkateach, hockeyluver, Hogladyrider, Homala, Hooked Already, HoosierCruzer19, Houst, HxFx, icft, iknbrgr, jamie717, Jamman54, JandPB, janpatch, Jay5, jbhcw, Jenzoe888, jmklade, joanh, JoeTec, joetricia, Joetta883, jshell2202, judyher, jules7883, justacrusin, KA11, Kaggie3, Kansaslunchlady, karriec, kelkel2, Ken076, khewston, Kilo November, Kim L, kingston13, Knights on the Beach, ktmush2, kwokpot, kydems, Ladyfunk25, lappy22, laprof, LatinaInTexas, lazydayz, Lduane1815, Lem_On_Ade, letteanne, LincolnLegend, LindyWebb, livetocruise2005, locchiato, LorriSG, LynnTH, mac208, mama0413, MandR1222, marcanbr, mcgore83, Megan_Strick, MeMetwo, meskel503, Michelle236, mimi7ccr, mimito4, MistyRo76, MizMoon, MizzT, MJK Cruiser, mmsandtrap, MObeachbaby, mom2tcdx2, mommio, monykalyn, Moonglo, mopedmom1, Mrs.C05, Munchy1313, MzShae, N7786W Flyer, nanaof14, NancyC, NeaNea, newdestination, ninjacat123, nolden17, nwcruiselover, ober134, OddJob, odie1024, patches33, pbxtech, pcrum, pcvtmom, pebbles1102, pinklucky61, pinto18, PittsburghGirlee, Playhouse05, Posesmom, prbffd28, pretty princess, Prnsessmoi, psmom227, Psych526, puglover13, purpleally, Putter23, Ragdollbd, ray98, RenoNanaOz, richbum, riktishaw, Rob3640, RoperDK, rtfnl, rwest898, Sadebud, Saint Greg, sanmarcosman, Sarnia 432, SenatorsFan, Shaded Lady, shari1737, shdixon, Shell557, Sjdcella, SkipsMom, Slainte57, soulsistah007, spiritkat090909, Steph0224, stingray310, Sugar67, Sunandslots, SunshineGal2022, sydgal, Tangojango, taznremmy, tcmagnum, TERTOG, Thenagers, TheresaP., threedjmay, TN Roz, TNVolnteerCruiser, TPG40, tradewinds traveler, Travelicious, twentypearls, Tyler414, Ultimate Suntan, Utenaleina, VictorWI, VIFP1987, vswan, wajowander2011, Wanna_Cruize, wbrownmtsu, Webecruzen, WES143, wesorbeth, WhaleTailFlCruiser, wheelssilver, WhiteOptima, whykikiiii, widerberg, xkritter, Zelda Schwartz, zencruisers, Zignewt, ZoeyVictoria, …

I'm one of the 40!!  Princess76021!  I loved every second of our time together!  Thanks for taking us along.  Hugs from Texas!!

• Like 1

Wow!  You are something else.  I don't know how you do it, but thanks for recognizing those that followed you on your cruise.  Hopefully, we all have thanked you for all the work you put into sharing your cruise.  Looking forward to your next cruise on NCL.  Hugs from Florida!

• Like 5

I don’t plan to cruise NCL, but I thought that about Carnival, until I read your review. Now I think Carnival looks like it would be a nice change for me, so I won’t be surprised if your Prima review gets me to look at NCL with fresh eyes. Thanks again for a great review!  

• Like 2